"an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014

I've just done a full format, it fucked my PC so bad I got fed up with it, just finished setting it all up, I've installed nothing up to this point so going to download PSO2 first then trial and error programs one at a time.

@BoltonSquad

We shouldn't have to do that to play a game. Literally every other game I install has zero issues where I "can't have 261 processes open" that's an absolutely absurd ask and isn't changing. Are we supposed to fresh install Windows and leave it completely plain just to play this game? (Also absurd) Where is the support staff? Any chance we will get someone in here to address this insanity that nProtect is bringing to the game? How can you have AV apps on your blacklist of things that can't run alongside the game or even apps that support input devices like Razer or Corsair mice and keyboards. This isn't the CIA guys, it's a video game. This makes zero sense and the community is left to sort it out.

Mouse and Keyboard programs can set up macro's etc which can be used for cheating which is why it flags these

@BoltonSquad

That's completely unreasonable though. So we can't use the software that supports our mice and keyboards and allows for DPI changes and correct button mapping for side buttons and for acceptable speeds (only works when the app is open) It's unplayable without these things configured. And this isn't preventing that. If that was the case, then GameGuard lets you cheat for an hour, then kicks you?

really what this is is it's a defect that needs to be patched because i can already say 1 i don't use macros and 2 its not possible to use macros to cheat when all a macro can do is repeat actions and even then it won't repeat the same actions and to give you a good example try doing that in finial fantasy 14 online even if you organized the actions you want that macro to do on purpose in order it'll never happen in the order which you put those actions into and 3rdly these apps that we use are for basic functionality so to call this stuff an exploit is an insult i mean name a gamer that can play games at over 3000 dpi the simple answer is is that you won't and bugs like this need to go.

@EeryHealer8871 said in "an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014:

really what this is is it's a defect that needs to be patched because i can already say 1 i don't use macros and 2 its not possible to use macros to cheat when all a macro can do is repeat actions and even then it won't repeat the same actions and to give you a good example try doing that in finial fantasy 14 online even if you organized the actions you want that macro to do on purpose in order it'll never happen in the order which you put those actions into and 3rdly these apps that we use are for basic functionality so to call this stuff an exploit is an insult i mean name a gamer that can play games at over 3000 dpi the simple answer is is that you won't and bugs like this need to go.

Not specifically in PSO2 however macro's can be used to automate things, using a third party to automate things is classed as botting/cheating which is why it's flagged.

I just downloaded the game yesterday, and I'm getting the constant NP 1014 issue here as well. Tried every fix that has been mentioned in this thread so far that are relevant to my setup, including:

• Deleting the GameGuard folder
  • Updating Windows
  • Multiple restarts
  • Running PSO Tweaker's fixes
  • Making exceptions for everything PSO2/GameGuard related in antivirus and firewall
  • Disabling antivirus altogether temporarily
  • Disabling the startup/running of peripheral-related programs such as Logitech G HUB and Corsair's iCUE (both in Task Manager and Services)
  • Disabling most every service that my computer doesn't strictly NEED in order to run

My Setup:

• Intel i7 6700k
  • GeForce GTX 980 Ti
  • Windows 10 Enterprise v. 1903
  • Game is installed on C drive (SSD)

There doesn't even seem to be any consistency to the crashes, either; play times are random (sometimes <5 minutes, sometimes over an hour), sometimes it's during a cutscene, other times it's when I'm doing nothing at all (I've Alt+Tab'd out). Guess it's time to reach out to nProtect myself and hand over my .erl files in the slim hope that they have a solution for me.

@Chance-the-Dragon said in "an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014:

I just downloaded the game yesterday, and I'm getting the constant NP 1014 issue here as well. Tried every fix that has been mentioned in this thread so far that are relevant to my setup, including:

• Deleting the GameGuard folder
  • Updating Windows
  • Multiple restarts
  • Running PSO Tweaker's fixes
  • Making exceptions for everything PSO2/GameGuard related in antivirus and firewall
  • Disabling antivirus altogether temporarily
  • Disabling the startup/running of peripheral-related programs such as Logitech G HUB and Corsair's iCUE (both in Task Manager and Services)
  • Disabling most every service that my computer doesn't strictly NEED in order to run

My Setup:

• Intel i7 6700k
  • GeForce GTX 980 Ti
  • Windows 10 Enterprise v. 1903
  • Game is installed on C drive (SSD)

There doesn't even seem to be any consistency to the crashes, either; play times are random (sometimes <5 minutes, sometimes over an hour), sometimes it's during a cutscene, other times it's when I'm doing nothing at all (I've Alt+Tab'd out). Guess it's time to reach out to nProtect myself and hand over my .erl files in the slim hope that they have a solution for me.

Only thing that truly fixed it for me was a full system wipe, not had any issues now for 3-4 days since I wiped everything.

@Chance-the-Dragon

It really can just come down to a few specific processes as the cause, which is why contacting them and showing the erl files helps.

I've also noticed that different causes clearly have different time frames before the error occurs. If the time before your crashes are inconsistent like that, it might mean you have more than one conflict going on.

I just gave myself permission over my pso2 files (annoying) and turned off my razor synapse made sure it wasn't running before i started the game and then started it up and it finally worked. The weird part is now i launch it with razor synapse on and it still works all day no problem; but i swear that's the only changes I've made since I've gotten that issue when i first downloaded.

Really this is stuff that should've been looked for during alpha/beta testing because the devs knew full well that this was coming to windows 10 with the newest build being 2004 currently now i can understand yeah turn off razer synapse and it would've been nice to get a pop up on the laucher saying hey this stuffs gotta go before launching so you don't get this error but i will try turning off these processes even if i don't like turning off windows defender anti virus because that is a last line of defense for your pc.

I'll try installing Razer Cortex again (Because I enjoy having every discounts for games on the same place) and will be back to tell the news. If it works, then the "problem" was Crowdstrike Anti Malware.

The game was working for 4 days straight with no crashing following the procedure of closing all Razer processes and services and closing all ASUS processes, until today. I can't get it to run for more than an hour any longer. This is honestly insane. You shouldn't have to wipe your PC just to play a game (and that is not a solution.) Just crashed on the loot of a 30m mining op. Utterly ridiculous.

and today was the major maintenance day today for the server to so the question is gonna be how long will this madness go on for because im not wiping my windows 10 installation on pc just for this game that's just ridiculous and besides that i sent them a ticket about this issue and so far it's been about 3 weeks and they haven't gotten back to me on my support ticket.

I predicted that the maintenance would not help my 1 hour crashing and I was right. =\

The Dota2 trick was working before but it doesn't look to be working anymore for me lately. I'm really tired of timing myself to log out before my 1 hour is up to prevent crashing in the middle of missions and such lol... :[