"an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014

@ojousama6679 said in "an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014:

@ojousama6679 said in "an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014:

I haven't gotten a reply from nProtect yet, but I did end up inadvertently fixing my issue when trying to fix the lobby freezes. I've been able to stay logged in on a 6-hour session with no 1014 kicks

may have spoken too soon on it being a permanent fix. I got a 1014 after like 7 hours. 7 is still better than 1 thoguh

I think I found the actual issue. Turns out Corsair Utility Engine had crashed before that long session. I thought that was fine because I had friends using it too, but I had forgotten that I am actually running an older version of it before they discontinued it a few years ago and moved to iCUE (it used to just be CUE). Uninstalling CUE and installing iCUE has proved positive. Now to slowly add in all my other processes I killed before and see if I can run them simultaneously

@ojousama6679

Interesting, I have iCUE, and not CUE, that can't be my solution unfortunately. 😞 This GameGuardian thing is absolutely awful. Also nProtect hasn't replied to me yet.

I also have iCue and still disconnects after about an hour, I installed the recent Tweaker update and re-patched the Gameguard files now the game won't load at all.

For those that has ASUS boards: do you have ASUS' SonicStudio running in the system tray? If so, close it. I've had it running for the first time ever for more than an hour. It closed the first time I ran it after doing this, but maybe it wasn't fully unloaded yet. Could be a possibility it seems.

Edit: Tried the same thing after reboot and it's back to one hour sessions. No idea what changed.

I've tried to preemptively disable everything I could think of myself and I am also on the 1 hour error train. It's literally 1 hour on the dot pretty much.

I've just come to the conclusion that I just need to look at the clock each time I start the game and watch for the 1 hour mark so I can close out and restart the game so I don't end up crashing in the middle of a mission or activity.

The last time I forgot to watch it, I crashed during a story mission cut scene. lol........

well i think now the question is how long will this error go on for because there should've been at least talk about a patch by now on this.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried running a VAC game or the like in the background. Been playing just fine with Dota 2 in the background for now.

@Zaku-Alter said in "an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014:

Just wondering if anyone else has tried running a VAC game or the like in the background. Been playing just fine with Dota 2 in the background for now.

I don't think I have it installed, but I'll try that next. I'll edit when I do.

Received my response from Gameguard:

Please temporarily terminate all processes (NVDisplay.Container.exe, atkexComSvc.exe, CueLLAccessService.exe, ibtsiva.exe, XtuService.exe, nvcontainer.exe, Corsair.Service.exe, RegSrvc.exe, ZeroConfigService.exe, Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe, AEGIS_III_SysMode.exe, NVIDIA Share.exe, SS2UILauncher.exe, SS2Svc32.exe, SS2Svc64.exe, CCleaner64.exe, googledrivesync.exe, AppleMobileDeviceProcess.exe, Lightshot.exe, iCUE.exe, CompPkgSrv.exe, jucheck.exe, jp2launcher.exe, Asusgiftbox.exe, PSO2 Tweaker.exe) that are not related to the game with task manager.

• If you can run the game successfully after completing a certain program,

Please reply then we will check and resolve related information additionally.

These are the processes I turned off, usually I would disconnect every hour I've been online now for 3 hours and still on:

(SS2Svc32.exe, SS2Svc64.exe, Lightshot.exe, CompPkgSrv.exe)

So I haven't gotten to installing DOTA yet, but I had another session yesterday that lasted about 4 hours. Not sure what the difference is but the pattern seems to always be at least one crash prior to the longer session. It's like it is still registering something is open that I closed, but then not the second time around. No idea what causes the longer sessions or what the difference is, but I did the same steps with the ASUS Sonic Studio.

Also nProtect hasn't responded to me yet. Hopefully they will, but their testing method is insane. One process test per hour to see if it crashes or not? That's completely unreasonable. They should know their own software and what it is detecting.

Edit: I have none of the above processes except CompPkgSrv.exe, I'll try killing that next hour of play.

It worked for me!

I only had Corsair.Service.exe but stopping it + shutting down iCUE made it works.

Almost 4 hours logged in

\o/

nProtect responded to me now.

"1) Please temporarily terminate all processes (NVDisplay.Container.exe, AdminService.exe, armsvc.exe, LogiRegistryService.exe, MBAMService.exe, OfficeClickToRun.exe, QcomWlanSrvx64.exe, WinZip Compression Smart Monitor Service.exe, LMS.exe, mbamtray.exe, RtkNGUI64.exe, Discord.exe, jusched.exe, WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe, CompPkgSrv.exe, NvTelemetryContainer.exe, PSO2 Tweaker.exe) that are not related to the game with task manager.

• If you can run the game successfully after completing a certain program(citrix workspace),

Please reply then we will check and resolve related information additionally."

After going down the list, not even having to do a reboot or anything like that. (except for deleting the gameguard folder) It seems to have solved the issue, although some of those programs I killed will be back up on a reboot and I'll probably have to reference the list again when that comes. Still, better than nothing.

My reply from them was great.

After checking the ERL log, about 261 too many processes are running. And,

It is confirmed that GameGuard has caused an error due to a large number of unnecessary processes.

Please follow the steps below to solve the problem.

1)    Please temporarily terminate all processes (huge list here) that are not related to the game with task manager.

Edit: @VorteX7762 If you have an open email with them, please let them know it was iCUE to try to get them to whitelist it. Also, still weird that I had 2 multi-hour sessions with iCUE open as well, but the rest were the 1014 error 1 hour sessions.

Hello , i do know is a known issue error but i am trying to install the game on windows 10 pc . i do not know if that could help but here a picture of an error i getting .

https://gyazo.com/4f63be5ccbb9d7ab9aaba7ab00dabde8

https://gyazo.com/f242a97667947fb518caeb42b178b30f