uninstalling help

how do i uninstall ? i had problems with errors so i figured i shoud re-install and try again, but i just couldnt uninstall , from microsoft store, from app's tab on windows , i cant even delete directly because i lack permits?(lol on my own pc) well, what do i do. now no matter if i click the pso2 icon nothing happens and i cant uninstall. do i have to live with 85GB worth of nothing on my 250GB SSD?

Seems uninstalling from your system -> applications works for the 85gb portion.

@VaguerThrower79 ive been trying that for a while now, but the uninstalling wont even start. c2513591-032f-4666-beae-731f5db3e1e4-image.png

I'm having the same Issue, and now the PSO2.exe that you got from he microsoft store doesn't prompt anything it only starts an invisible application that doesn't allow anything to happen.

Yeah i'm completley unable to uninstall through all the means i'm aware of, this release is shockingly bad considering the time they've had.

I can only hope that somebody from Sega, Microsoft or hell even the PSO2 twitter account acknowledges it soon

I installed in on an external HDD so I managed to find the folder with all the game files, if you look in the HDD/SSD where you installed the game > Program Files > ModifiableWindowsApps you should find pso2_bin where all the game files are located.

@Damesis said in uninstalling help:

@VaguerThrower79 ive been trying that for a while now, but the uninstalling wont even start. c2513591-032f-4666-beae-731f5db3e1e4-image.png

I won't recommend removing it this way. I did the same thing about 2 hours ago and now I can't even download this bloody game from the store lul GG Microsoft/SEGA thank you for this amazing experience.

@Illucia2982 already deleated it directly , gaining full control permits seems to work. and after a restart everything is back to normal. PS. you can re-download after that no prob. but im not going through that hell again

@DragonWyrm720 I found those folders and deleted them after messing around with permissions but I still haven't gotten my space back that the game took and I have no idea where I can find it.

@solidxgeo Have you found a solution to this yet? I have the exact same problem and used WinDirStat and still couldn't find anything.

This post is deleted!

Yeah I am getting an endless cycle of "download" for the game really wish I could just download it from steam then everything will be dandy I HATE this windows app 😐

@Una1846 said in uninstalling help:

@solidxgeo Have you found a solution to this yet? I have the exact same problem and used WinDirStat and still couldn't find anything.

Nvm found a solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/grim8e/troubleshooting_if_your_launcher_does_nothing_or/

In this it says to change permissions for every sub-folder but i only did it for oxyna files and checked the box that says apply to all sub-folders.

This is getting me a bit pissed off now. I have this game downloaded like 3 times somewhere on my HD and cant for the life of me get it just uninstalled. This is the worst launch of a game I have ever seen.

@Velkerath So after spending a few hours trying to figure out how to actually get this game to work. (gave up trying to do this because didnt care enough) I found this here from another forum

"" C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j

Those are the pathways for 3 folders that has the game, one of them can be accessed by you(First one), but the two others are locked by window store's premissions, but that can be changed back to you by using right click on them then properties. You can then change the owner under security tab and advanced, you add your name in the writing box and find name, yours will pop up, you select it then you apply the changes. Once that is done, you can now delete those files. The reason of this is because window store made everything unmodificable, so they are the one that will do update to the game which is the case for most games in window store and such hence why all permissions are usually under "TrustedInstaller", although, Saga made the game with a personal launcher and patcher, hence the patcher see himself in 3 different folders, he will add every file to every folder he sees. In short, that is a poor concept from both Microsoft and Saga. In short, the fix for Saga that they would do is that their dedicated updater would only apply all changes to one folder, the first one in the list above while microsoft moves their main pathway to that first one while deleting the two others off the user's computer. ""

Hopefully this will help you "uninstall" this game. Dont forget to check MUTABLE BACKUP This fucking folder was ANOTHER WHOLE GAME AGAIN So in total for me this game had about 250GB of space.

Oh also you might need to give yourself Permission for every folder. To actually delete them.

Here are the links to everything I found to help me deal with this problem.

Check pages 5 and 6 i believe it was for all the details for getting permission and other things https://forum.pso2.com/topic/2669/game-won-t-start-after-gameguard/83?lang=en-US&page=6

Pretty sure this is what someone right above us posted to help delete this game. https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/grim8e/troubleshooting_if_your_launcher_does_nothing_or/

This might help in a way. https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/c1qvvj/cant_uninstall_a_game_from_the_xbox_beta_app_for/