Deleting a character

Does anyone know how to delete a character? I was sorta just getting a feel for things and created three characters, and now I can’t make another and want to start a hardcore run with a new class. Is there a way to do this in the beta?

I can access the settings on the character, and it shows delete as an option, but there’s no way to click “yes” and do it. It says it takes 24 hours, which I guess makes sense that it won’t work in the one-day beta then, but I didn’t know if anyone else had tried and succeeded in this.

@Doombug-999 said in Deleting a character:

Does anyone know how to delete a character? I was sorta just getting a feel for things and created three characters, and now I can’t make another and want to start a hardcore run with a new class. Is there a way to do this in the beta?

I can access the settings on the character, and it shows delete as an option, but there’s no way to click “yes” and do it. It says it takes 24 hours, which I guess makes sense that it won’t work in the one-day beta then, but I didn’t know if anyone else had tried and succeeded in this.

Any character deletions will take 24 hours to fully delete. This way people can still cancel if they change their mind. Once the 24-hour mark has been reached, the character will no longer appear on your character selection screen and you will then be able to make a new character.

Right, but at the moment it isn’t even an option. So once we make three characters in the beta, we’re stuck with those until the full game. Which isn’t a big deal, but I just couldn’t get the deletion option to even activate and wasn’t sure if others were encountering the same issue.

@Doombug-999 said in Deleting a character:

Right, but at the moment it isn’t even an option. So once we make three characters in the beta, we’re stuck with those until the full game. Which isn’t a big deal, but I just couldn’t get the deletion option to even activate and wasn’t sure if others were encountering the same issue.

It's actually how the Japanese version works as well. The delay in deletion is by design and not an "issue". It's to prevent people from making hasty decisions on deleting their characters and losing a bunch of stuff. Providing protection from accidental deletion as well, since you can stop the deletion process.

Right now, you might think it's a hindrance because you were just goofing around and don't care too much about those characters. But when someone has spent hundreds or thousands of hours on a character and, perhaps in a fit of emotion, deletes their character or someone hacks their account, they may change their mind and like to stop the deletion process from occurring.

If you still want to goof off, perhaps play on a different ship and use some blank slots there.

@GM-Rappie right now for open beta is their a way to delete a character ? It’s not giving me the option to select yes when in the deletion menu .

In jp, you must press shift or ctrl to be able to press yes. Otherwise, the yes button will remain disabled.

@Qvor I’m on NA open Beta currently

I understand. What I mean is: you probably must press some button on your controller to enable the yes button.

At the screen where you select your character, choose "Settings" instead of "Start Game". Then "Delete Character", hold the LB+RB buttons and select Yes. That'll remove your character (they'll wait 24 hours before actually deleting that character).

We can't see the notice of holding LB+RB without manually scrolling down the text. That's quite unfriendly I felt, but maybe it's right that the process to delete a character is not so easy 🙂

@Fiona-Respha okay! So once I delete the character I can’t reuse the character slot unless I buy it with AC ?

@The-BlizzG said in Deleting a character:

@Fiona-Respha okay! So once I delete the character I can’t reuse the character slot unless I buy it with AC ?

The three free character slots on JP are re-opened as you delete characters. I'd imagine it's the same on NA.

@coldreactive said in Deleting a character:

@The-BlizzG said in Deleting a character:

The three free character slots on JP are re-opened as you delete characters. I'd imagine it's the same on NA.

It is. You just have to wait until the old character is deleted before you can use that slot again.

@coldreactive Yes thank you ! I have a summoner that was part of my free slots but I don’t want to play him. I bought another character slot in the meantime also

as a side note you don't buy actual slots, you buy the character. You have 3 slots and any characters you want to make beyond one slots cost ac.

Ex1: You make 3 characters and have to pay AC for the 4th.

Ex2: You bought a 4th character. You delete a character and make another you have to pay again.

Ex3: You bought a 4th character. You deleted two You can only make one unless they changed this from the JP version this is how it works I believe you can have a max of 12 characters

@SaviorZero82 said in Deleting a character:

Ex3: You bought a 4th character. You deleted two You can only make one unless they changed this from the JP version this is how it works I believe you can have a max of 12 characters

You can have a maximum of 20 characters across all ships, total on JP currently. (Up to 21-23 slots, for some reason) IE: if you have 20 characters on Ship 1, you cannot create a character on ship 2. If you have 10 characters on Ship 1, and 10 characters on Ship 2, you cannot create anymore characters anywhere.