Helpful feedback for devs to read and utilize

Firstly thanks to the DEVS for bringing PSO to America. I feel that the dreamcast system, Phantasy Star Online and the internet revolution had a monstrous part in shaping online gaming as we see it today. It's been a loong time...

That Said, let's jump right in to some constructive criticism of the game. Here are some of the obvious fixes for the game moving forward.

📍Robots do not take poison damage of any kind. If it's a sustained slow drain on health, Robots do not take that damage. Also robots are supposed to be able to see traps as soon as they are able to be loaded in, aka no obstruction between the eyes and the traps. (this is the way it was on PSO1 AND PSO2)

📍If the party dies durring a boss fight, they are to remain on the ground until a player picks them up. You shouldn't be able to travel back to the ship, jump back into the portal and back into the still going boss fight, you should remain on the ground until you are picked up, everyone is dead and you fail, or the boss is defeated. This completely defeats the purpose of scape dolls and makes this game too easy, honestly I'm pretty bored because nothing has been a challenge yet. Not sure if it's because its the beta or not, but I think is waay to easy. Am I alone on this?

📍EMERGENCY!!! I don't think this translated well to English, it should be along the lines of, "INCOMING" We feel that this vocal narrative is completely obnoxious and annoying, and I'd personally rather do without a massive flash accross my screen and a guy yelling "EMERGENCY" in my ear every 60 seconds. Maybe find a different way to announce that there is an incoming event. Or do away with the announcement of it completely, I feel they are also too frequent.

📍Lacking content for robot heads, arms, legs, and body. If you guys plan to do paid character skins than I guess it is what it is, but I would prefer to see alot more free content to create a base character, it feels pretty limited. Maybe some American haircuts and a baseball cap or a helmet with visor? How is bald or a shaved head not an option?

📍Mini maps should not display entire map. I think the game is being played too fast because no one has to look at the map anymore. If you can think back to how the mini maps were displayed in PSO 1(Dreamcast) You had to go into the menu and look at your map, if your teammate was off in an undiscovered area, you had to search for the way. To get to him.

📍framer ate, but I'm sure you know that..

That's all I got for now. I'll post more feedback later tonight.

PSO2 Cast aren't 100% robots like in PSO1 ARKS are walking Falzspawn purifiers (literally absorbing photons and purifying them) so when you get hit by poison the damage done to you attacks your photons, not your "biological" health.

Seeing Traps is a skill exclusive to Rangers.

Yes, Scape/Half dolls are obsolete. They are usually only used when the entire party wipes.

More customization of E-Trial announcements would be welcome. I'll give you that.

More customization options is the primary monetization model of this game. which is turned off for the Beta so don't worry about that too much.

You can toggle minimap display if it annoys you. There is a menu for "full map" and a minimap mode that is extremely zoomed in.

@xMIGHTYx In case you didn't see it, they setup a Closed Beta Survey that you can complete, and there is an option to write in as well, plus you get 500 AC for completing it.

Closed Beta Test Survey - https://pso2.com/news/announcements/cbtsurvey

Please note that PSO2 is a very different game than PSO in terms of gameplay (and setting and tone). Just because something worked one way in PSO does not mean that it will be the same in PSO2.

As for the emergency trials, I am curious. Did they redub the audio for the announcements? Because they were already in English...even if a few of the pronunciations were a bit iffy (cf. EMERGENCY CODE: JAZZMAN).

@Ilúvatar said in Helpful feedback for devs to read and utilize:

Please note that PSO2 is a very different game than PSO in terms of gameplay (and setting and tone). Just because something worked one way in PSO does not mean that it will be the same in PSO2.

As for the emergency trials, I am curious. Did they redub the audio for the announcements? Because they were already in English...even if a few of the pronunciations were a bit iffy (cf. EMERGENCY CODE: JAZZMAN).

They are the same.

Good, that way everyone gets to enjoy DISTRACTION and JAZZMAN.

I guess I could understand the e-trial announcements being distracting for new players, but trust me that you very quickly get used to them and will soon forget they are even there.

Thanks for the info everyone! Keep posting constructive criticism, I saw a few other people in the forums saying some things I agree with. If you're going to release an American version, let's get some American Attire for the characters!

EMERGENCY!! Is not really an emergency if I'm already in a war is it? This is my single biggest complaint. An announcer yelling emergency over and over and over take away from the game. Please address this.

I enjoyed it was definitely buggy and it was a little easy and theres alot of things in the game but doesn't seem to explain a few key things I think r need to know earlier maybe

It was definitely easy, another huge complaint of mine was being able to rejoin boss fights after dying. Why do we always have to make a game on easy mode. It takes away from the game and makes it pointless to do side quests. Because a team of four can easily beat a main boss. Especially since they can rejoin the fight. At these lower levels the ADDS should be much harder. The 12 man raids I don't think a single person failed these raids? I know is on easy, but for people to want to play harder difficulties, the game has to be interesting aka a challenge. The dark falls raid wasn't even a challenge at all. I pray this is because this is a beta and they were boosting people's play through and also making it easier.

Thanks for your feedback! If you haven't done so already you can also provide more feedback via the CBT Survey. We will go ahead and forward your feedback to the team! Thanks for joining the beta! (≧∇≦)ノ

@GM-Rappie thanks guys! Overall it was a great time!

@xMIGHTYx said in Helpful feedback for devs to read and utilize:

EMERGENCY!! Is not really an emergency if I'm already in a war is it? This is my single biggest complaint. An announcer yelling emergency over and over and over take away from the game. Please address this.

Its the same over on the Jp server. so better get use to it.

@GM-Rappie said in Helpful feedback for devs to read and utilize:

Thanks for your feedback! If you haven't done so already you can also provide more feedback via the CBT Survey. We will go ahead and forward your feedback to the team! Thanks for joining the beta! (≧∇≦)ノ

@GM-Rappie

I already submitted my CBT feedback before this but I, too, would like to point out that the Japanese voiceover for the E-trials leaves much to be desired. It's the same thing on the PSO2 JP servers, and it becomes more than a little grating after a while, particularly because it's poorly pronounced gratuitous english thrown in there for the "cool" factor." A more appropriate english voiceover would be much desired.

For instance,

Instead of "Emergency Code: Duel," we could have "Emergency Tasking Order: High-Priority Threat Destruction."

Similarly, "Emergency Code: Arrest" becomes "Emergency Tasking Order: Capture," and so on.

S

@xMIGHTYx Chances were likely that you had a lot of JP server players like myself around during the Urgent Quests. When I was fighting Falz with my friends I managed to get my character on track to the "Glass Canon" she was back then, so I was consistently doing between 10K - 15K to the arms helping us get it done really quickly. Just the nature of the game on the easier difficulties. After launch you'll get to experience Super Hard and Extreme Hard (XH) difficulties. Even at level cap you will have plenty of a challenge when fighting other Falz forms and other EQs.

As for the rejoining boss fights, I believe this is a thing so that we don't have to re run the entire quest again. Dying and having to return to the camp ship too often will lower your grade which is pretty bad when most COs require you to finish with at least an A rank. I hope whenever we we get launch you'll have a more enjoyable experience with the game as you play at much harder difficulties!

One last thing, I remember doing the EQ in Harkotan on SH and all of us wiping or just failing to do enough damage in time to succeed lots of times. Even later at level cap is was rare that we managed to get through it very quickly, and even more rare when no one got KOd 🤣

Okay have fun in the... future.. spring.. launch.. day!!!!