PS4 Controller Not Working??

sadly, ds4 does not even see my wired controller

@Ap2Racer That didn't work either, I tried many times.

Guys I had this issue. using a Dualshock 4, used DS4Windows yesterday. Controller responded fine! Tried again today, controller did not respond either wired or bluetooth.

My solution: I had to sign out of Windows and back in. Dunno what was borked but that did the trick. Signed in again, booted up DS4 first, then started PSO2, controller responded.

**Personal Solutions:

I found a solution to being able to use a PS4 controller. It's a bitch to setup, but what you can do is go into your DS4windows and reconfigure your entire controller to mimic keyboard and mouse usage. It's far from perfect, but if you want to bypass the controller not working, this is the only solution I have found.**

@Chezne That didn't work for me unfortunately. I tried the following:

1. Use Xbox360 controller - Not working
  2. Use Ps4 wired - Not working
  3. DS4windows - Not working
  4. Sign out of Windows - Not working

So far so good! Great how the hype on this game was so big for me, but now not so much with all the problems it has. Took me a day to get it to launch properly to start with, and now the controller says no.

Anyone got anything else to try? Will keep posting updates to see possible solutions and if they work.

It's not helpful but... my PS4 controller started working today and i have honestly no clue as to why it's chosen to start now.

I've done nothing different, just left it for the night and in the morning it just worked after loading DS4. I can only hope that others end up fixing this one way or another because i can do nothing but send as much positivity and energy your way.

@AccelShift said in PS4 Controller Not Working??:

It's not helpful but... my PS4 controller started working today and i have honestly no clue as to why it's chosen to start now.

I've done nothing different, just left it for the night and in the morning it just worked after loading DS4. I can only hope that others end up fixing this one way or another because i can do nothing but send as much positivity and energy your way.

It just decided to work? Ugh

I got my ps4 controller working, install the windows 7 Xbox 360 controller drivers through the DS4 app. Worked from the main screen right after, that is literally the only change I made. I'm assuming they're still looking for the old 360 drivers that were probably needed at the time the version of the game we were ported was released 🤷♂️ just a theory. But I hope this helps someone kick back and play on a controller like the good ole days, see you online ✌

Just started having this issue. Downloading the old Xbox 360 controller drivers doesn't seem to work.

Thing is... the controller was working just fine before. I don't understand why it's suddenly stopped.

A follow up to this.

My DS4 somehow died mid-mission. I guess the cord came loose momentarily? Unsure on that point. Replugging it, starting/stopping DS4Win, nothing fixed it.

Grabbed a DS3 and plugged it up. No response in-game, but the PS button did pull up the virtual keyboard... interesting.

As a test I went into the other room and grabbed an XBone controller. Plugged it in, instantly worked without having to fiddle with anything. It is definitely just a Sony controller issue. Thank you Microsoft.

@DearZeus88 Same thing for me, except my controller worked initially for a few hours. Then I took a break and came back to see that it was no longer working. So I need a solution to this as well.

This post is deleted!

Sounds like I'm not the only one with this issue.

When I start up my PC DS4Windows auto starts up the game would normally work until I go afk or something disconnects my DS4 controller then stops working in the game but the Xbox window functions when I press the PS button and I can do what I want in that Xbox menu. So that tells me the controller is fine. T The only fix for me on that is to restart my PC, cos restarting PSO2 doesn't work.

BUT

The weird thing is yesterday my DS4 worked flawlessly. I went afk for 5 minutes, the controller disconnects, I return its connects immediately and I carry on. No issues, it was great.

Today I'm back with the first issue. I've not done anything differently.. its kinda annoying

Maybe it's on Microsoft platform that it isn't work? I've also tried it and it's not able to work. On JP you were able to do a motion connect by handling the controller connect by moving the analog stick.

After playing with PS4 controller + DS4windows I disconnected controller and the game wouldn't recognize it anymore even after restarting DS4windows and the game several times.

My solution without restarting PC was to try to reset everything:

1. Close game
  2. Close DS4windows, make sure it's not running in tray
  3. Unplug PS4 controller
  4. Plug in PS4 controller
  5. start DS4windows
  6. start game

i have an xbox one/windows 10 wired controller that i got from Wal-mart for 20$, works with every other game i have but PSO2. Anyone know why?