PS4 Controller Not Working??

i have to use ds4 windows with the NA version to get it to work.no idea why it's blocking my input without it running once i start the game.microsoft things i guess.

same problem here tried everything short of using 3rd party software, cause quite frankly I shouldn't have to just to use a god damn controller that's already recognized by my computer but POS2 refuses to accept any inputs from it

Quick update. Moved the game to my main hdd did nothing. Only once I installed DS4 did the controller start working. So if you want to use a PS4 controller you have to DL DS4.

This is not working for everyone unfortunately. I tried using DS4 and that did not work for me.

Yeah for me, controllers aren't working full stop. They're perfectly fine outside the game but PSO2 just refuses to use them.

^ Same issues with AccelShift. I can make controller work (i.e. using touchpad to move mouse in desktop, control XBOX Game Bar), but nothing registers in PSO2 itself. (Already using DS4)

Just downloaded DS4 to get controller to work on PSO2! Thanks a bunch!

To those who got DS4 Windows to work... how? I have DS4 Windows and use it for other games where it works fine. Though when I get into PSO2 I can't do anything unless I'm using the mouse. I have it set to Controller, 3 Button, and even set it to the DS button icons but I'm not getting any input from my controller.

@HsienLunastra said in PS4 Controller Not Working??:

This is not working for everyone unfortunately. I tried using DS4 and that did not work for me.

This is really the only alternative, as Windows 10 has native DS4 support for basic functions (other than touchpad configuration.) Due to it being a japan controller though, Circle and Cross might be swapped. (In some rare cases, Square and Triangle can swap.)

Its not working for me either, maybe you have to set up a profile in DS4 to the games .exe file? just random idea, havent managed to find anything that works though

@coldreactive said in PS4 Controller Not Working??:

@HsienLunastra said in PS4 Controller Not Working??:

This is really the only alternative, as Windows 10 has native DS4 support for basic functions (other than touchpad configuration.) Due to it being a japan controller though, Circle and Cross might be swapped. (In some rare cases, Square and Triangle can swap.)

Well I meant that it wouldn't detect the controller in game. When it did though, which was when I initially opened the game, circle and cross weren't swapped. At least for me anyway. It seemed like after the controller got disconnected, unintentionally mind you, it just would not be detected by the game again.

Make sure you're using DS4 2.1.1. Also my input is set as X360 Controller. No idea if that matters

@DearZeus88 check off the hide ds4 option. do not have steam open. and dont forget to put primary controls in pso2 options as using a controller. see if that works.

@Ap2Racer did all of that and nothin'. Doesn't really matter now since every time I restart my computer the game doesn't even open.