Ryutensei's Bouncer Guide

@Quicksilven Full, effective use of all three them won't be completely viable until we get Phantom and/or more Skill Points. Your best bet would probably be Fighter since it has Tech multipliers (which Hunter does not), but its squishyness compared to Hunter does make it a bit more risky to use if you aren't quick with your dodging, especially with Soaring Blades. Summoner is also an option since it has general multipliers and stat-ups, but I personally find needing to apply Summoner's Mark to get the most out of my damage a pain and a waste of time.

Not sure if its thge place to ask but with the strike conversion skill that converst JB's to Satk is that skill required to use to gaint he damage bonus from furys tance?

@Scilin No, it is not. Regardless of whether they are using TEC-Pwr or MEL-Pwr, Jet Boots always do Melee Damage with their Normal Attacks and PAs.

ty I was doing some tests and presently I do more dmaage by not converting to striking damage but wasnt sure how fury stance worked with that

Hello, so I am a Bo/Fi right now, but I only have interest in using the jets. What sort of benefits should I be seeing from the Fighter tree? But if I HAVE to use the swords, how can I switch seamlessly between them and the jets? And what are some combos I should try?

@SaliDee The big benefit in using a Fi sub as a JB Bouncer is the Chaser Skills; it is very easy to apply Blind with Surging Gale, thus being able to get the bonuses from Fi's Chaser Skills.

Is it better to use a dex mag or a s-atk mag? Reasons please! Haha

@BroodKrewn If you plan on sticking with Bouncer (or even switch to Braver later) and eventually plan on subbing Phantom, then DEX is the best choice. Currently, a pure DEX Mag means you get 200 MEL- and TEC-Pwr, and if you end up subbing Phantom, it becomes 400 MEL- and TEC-Pwr.

If you are not too sure about sticking with Bouncer and may consider changing to other Melee classes, then a MEL-Pwr Mag is the better option since a DEX one will do you no good.

Ultimately, if you can/are willing, you should buy an extra Mag so you can have both.

Looks very interesting.

I started up Bouncer, is Fighter as a subclass any good? If it isn't that means I already done goofed. And I'm also trying to figure out a good skill build for Bouncer, I found one on Youtube but I'm still looking for a second opinion. Anything helps!

@pixiebitten4 Fighter is a great sub, especially if you are primarily using Jet Boots since you can take advantage of Fighter's Chaser Skills very easily. It is overall squishier than using Hunter as your sub, but you can potentially hit harder. Plus it is easier to go Bo/Fi -> Bo/Ph than Bo/Hu -> Bo/Ph since you won't get accustomed to all the survivability Skills and instead learn to rely on your i-frames and dodges a bit more.

@AndrlCh said in Ryutensei's Bouncer Guide:

@pixiebitten4 Fighter is a great sub, especially if you are primarily using Jet Boots since you can take advantage of Fighter's Chaser Skills very easily. It is overall squishier than using Hunter as your sub, but you can potentially hit harder. Plus it is easier to go Bo/Fi -> Bo/Ph than Bo/Hu -> Bo/Ph since you won't get accustomed to all the survivability Skills and instead learn to rely on your i-frames and dodges a bit more.

Thank you! I'm glad I made a good decision then. I plan on maining the Bouncer Jet Boots since lately they've been incredibly fun to use and I was going for the option to hit harder if I could. I've already got the Pure DEX Mag in the process, which has been helping a lot as well. I just didn't think getting Fighter would help pre-train me for my eventual goal anyway, which is Bo/Ph once Phantom comes out for NA! It's a nice bonus to think about. 🙂

so shifta/deband are important to have up for us and we can use them as part of skills but... the duration is like 15 seconds? I'm having a hard time keeping them up, is there anyway to improve this?

@Quicksilven Shifta and Deband can last up to a minute, but you need to make sure all of the pulses hit you; each pulse will give you 15 seconds, however, you can interrupt the pulses by casting another support Tech (Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti, Zanverse, Zondeel, Megiverse) or move out of range before the before all the pulses hit you, thus meaning you don't get the full time.