Ryutensei's Bouncer Guide

This guide was not written by me, and I claim no ownership or part of creating it!

Now that's out of the way. I tried to do some research on Bouncers when I became one, and this guide helped me a ton. It's made for the Japanese version of the game, but it should still work here. And at the very least, can give you a good idea of how to possibly play one.

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/User:Ryutensei/Bouncer_Guide

I'm interest in bouncer during pc release and got a question about the Bouncer/Summoner part in the guide. Can you use dual blades well with it or is it better to go jet boots with?

@kyamell I honestly couldnt tell you. I dont think it would be as effective as jet boots, but as long as you arent minmaxing it could work for you. Give it a try when the game releases and let us know how it works for you!

Will do, never thought about using jet boots and using summoner as a subclass. So looking forward to trying it out.

@kyamell said in Ryutensei's Bouncer Guide:

I'm interest in bouncer during pc release and got a question about the Bouncer/Summoner part in the guide. Can you use dual blades well with it or is it better to go jet boots with?

Hello, guide author here.

The thing about Bo/Su is that the functionality is supposed to be like Bouncer/Hunter so it's meant to accommodate for both weapons. Dual weapon Bo/Su is ideal. A problem that would an issue for newer players is the fact Dual Blades Photon Arts tend to be longer than JBs so it's quite easy to take a LOT of damage with them since Summoner sub has no safety nets just more base defenses.

@KyleTensei Your guide has been awesome by the way, it's the reason I chose bouncer at all!

@Kindering I appreciate it! I'm glad it was of help! I'll be keeping it up to date with the changes but I'm a single man team so if I'm missing anything be sure to throw me a question and I'll try to answer it best I can.

@KyleTensei question to the expert, I've read your guide several times now, because I like to be prepared before releases, maybe I'm mistaken here, but you only mentioned tec/bou not bou/tec? is this build that bad?

@Arne-at-live Subbing TE means that you don't get access to some of its most useful Skills (Shifta Strike, Deband Toughness, and Support Range Exntender) because they are Main-class-only, so without them you are subpar damage-wise and as useful support-wise as a FO/TE, basically not fulfilling the niche that TE/BO would.

@AndrlCh Okay, thx for the fast reply, i guess i have to rethink some things here^^

Main reason to play BO were the dual blades, I just love these things since PSU and thought about getting the most out of Dex and buffs so I choosed TEC as sub, good thing I asked. Anyway, thx

@Arne-at-live Right now the issue would be the current balancing doesn't give TeBo the edge it would want for its niche functionality since it was nerfed years ago before the balance patch NA is on while it was still in JP and BoTe was never really viable. Bouncer is a melee with psuedo-casting (weaving techs for damage/utility but nowhere near the same level of source as MEL) so Te as a sub doesn't benefit Bouncer. As NA fills out content wise and gets crafting and scion classes, if you want a Bouncer with decent technic weaving damage your answer will be Bouncer/Phantom.

According to JP players.

Bo/Su is a meme.

Dont do it.

Looking to start bouncer, but not sure which sub to use. Ideally I would like to use all three options (boots, swords, techs) but most subs seem to dissuade using one of them.