HDD Space Not Given Back After Uninstall

@Obviously223 said in HDD Space Not Given Back After Uninstall:

On my girlfriend's computer I was able to safely kill all the files but on mine no matter what I did my computer just would not let me delete them. I was really looking forward to playing but I'm afraid to re-install it after having to format to get my drive space back. Maybe someday a more trusted client than the Windows Store will release the US version though I doubt it and that sucks. I'm never trusting the Windows Store again.

This kind of where I’m at.

I'm not sure if this new workaround has mentioned it or other people have yet, but after having two days of install/relaunching game issues/permission issues on the Mutables/WindowsApps stuff for the game files, I am hopeful the only other small change that allowed me to play last night and now again today is that I am no longer logged into my Microsoft Account through my desktop/Windows 10 system settings.

I logged out from my MS account under system/account settings in WIndows 10 last night, redownloaded everything again without an issue, played PSO2 last night, and now can relaunch/play PSO2 again today (whereas I had issues the prior two days).

(Reposted)

change your permissions, uninstall took me 1 hour for game to uninstall in apps and I am deleting the mutable atm![alt text](mutable.jpg image url)

basically change all of your permissions to you on every folder you want to delete and the main folder.

I didn't go through changing admin access and all that because apparently it can mess up the Microsoft store. Using 7zip I deleted the mutable and mutable backup folder which got rid of the dead files I was looking for. Afterwards trying to reinstall the game I kept getting an error code, the error code finally stopped and allowed me to reinstall when I used 7zip to go back in and recreate the two mutable folders. So probably best to just delete the contents of these folders and not the folders themselves.

@Three6Stunt it turned out i couldnt delete them

I can't seem to delete anything in the mutable folder even it just says you don't have system permission even after I changed them all. i have 180gb dead data taken up.

After thinking it through. Take the data loss for now and use an external HDD it will say "ModifiableWindowApp" in and you can delete things because it does not integrate with Window system files. I am trying this right now.

Hi everyone i can show you how to delete Mutable files if you have trouble. I am doing it right now.

1. basically turn off inheritance on 'system" then go back to "security tab" in properties and give whoever you made "full control" and done.

Hi everyone i can show you how to delete Mutable files if you have trouble. I am doing it right now.

1. basically turn off inheritance on 'system" then go back to "security tab" in properties and give whoever you made "full control" and done.

https://thegeekpage.com/solved-failed-to-enumerate-objects-in-the-container-windows-10-error/

follow this.

It worksdeleted mutable crap.jpg

hey what files don't i need since I have 1-3 of some. My mutable is empty!!! wooo!!!

What else do I need to empty?

Hi what else do i need to empty since I have just emptied my Mutablefile checking windowapp.jpg

Before I delete the mutablebackup oxyna folders. Is there anyway to restore PSO2 with and of these files? My internet speeds are really slow. I don't want to download this a third time.

@RopeBunny33 This actually helped me ,once you gain controll over the Windows app folder it should let you delete it , I had 2 copies of the gme in that folder and managed to delete it

@GarryJH Just install pso2 tweaker from arks layer..that way u secure it when u dwnld it the next time, Hv a much more efficient launching process and the gold...it erases all the files u talk bout...alteast it did so 4 me