HDD Space Not Given Back After Uninstall

so we know now how to delete the folder but how to run the game or even download correct the game is still in the room. some ppl can´t download the game from the store like me ( store is on US) i can´t download the game anymore to my D " try it again later" other can download the game from the store but haffe issues with starting the game or install complete.

SEGA doesn´t give an update for this

worst thing. they use a virtual link folder in the mutable folder to the crappy 000XY::::: folder in the app folder.

Yeah, but that's how it is with choosing the windows app store to release a game on.

If the store wont let you download to your D drive anymore and you've deleted the windows apps folder you might just have to wipe it. You can search up solutions online for that. Most of these are just caused by issues with the windows store and the new framework surrounding connecting to xbox live instead of just making a sega account.

@HoDKenji said in HDD Space Not Given Back After Uninstall:

so we know now how to delete the folder but how to run the game or even download correct the game is still in the room. some ppl can´t download the game from the store like me ( store is on US) i can´t download the game anymore to my D " try it again later" other can download the game from the store but haffe issues with starting the game or install complete.

SEGA doesn´t give an update for this

I cannot get anything people have said to uninstall this to work. Clearly there's something else needed because nothing I do works. I don't have anti virus turned on or anything to block it, keeps saying I cannot delete anything no matter what settings I throw at the dumb thing. I had this downloaded just fine earlier and I got to the game's start menu after I restart my computer nothing works at all. I've been trying for an HOUR AND A HALF to get it to uninstall and it's not even letting me do that.

there are some files here too: C:\Users.......\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA\download

there is even the bad otp_notice_na file which should be in the windows appfolder folder.....

it says this and links to the "I don't know how to confirm or apply when one-time password authentication fails, or how to cancel when changing the device." yeah that is essential in this bugged version :

ワンタイムパスワードを半角で入力してください。

ワンタイムパスワードは発行されてから 約1分間で使えなくなります。 その場合は、あらためて「再発行」をお願いします。

また、6回連続で間違えますと、ロック状態となります。 ロック状態の解除に関する情報は プレイヤーズサイトにてご確認ください。 Google認証に失敗してしまったり 認証が出来ないなどの場合はこちらをご確認ください。

http://pso2.jp/players/support/faq/578/

@Ragnador-GER said in HDD Space Not Given Back After Uninstall:

there are some files here too: C:\Users.......\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA\download

there is even the bad otp_notice_na file which should be in the windows appfolder folder.....

it says this and links to the "I don't know how to confirm or apply when one-time password authentication fails, or how to cancel when changing the device." yeah that is essential in this bugged version :

ワンタイムパスワードを半角で入力してください。

ワンタイムパスワードは発行されてから 約1分間で使えなくなります。 その場合は、あらためて「再発行」をお願いします。

また、6回連続で間違えますと、ロック状態となります。 ロック状態の解除に関する情報は プレイヤーズサイトにてご確認ください。 Google認証に失敗してしまったり 認証が出来ないなどの場合はこちらをご確認ください。

http://pso2.jp/players/support/faq/578/

Just found the file you mentioned however, that file won't do anything as it's a .pat file which is a pattern file.

I set myself as owner for this, but I've also reinstalled. How do I know which file is the dead file and which is the current live file? (am guessing the timestamp) but the earlier timestamp is the only one in the backup that has the pso2 files viable... idk about the others and afraid to do anything that might break things more? So it is the backup folder that are the dead files? (its also a folder in mutable)

Hey guys, just a quick update.

After a lot of fucking around, I managed to delete the mutable and mutable backup files as someone mentioned above and I got my space back. I'm honestly reluctant to try the install again based on this. Anyone had any luck with installing again?

@GarryJH you have delete the folders in WindowsApp in your C?

@HoDKenji I had two folders inside mutable backup and I deleted them both, I had to mess around with the ownership of the folders to do it. There was nothing else in the two folders. No harm done to the PC.

@GarryJH ok i have delete the two folders in my C but...the missing space is still missing. i think i lost with 4-6 reinstall on C 6gb....for the price of getting nothing. on my side...all starts end ends with trying to download the 11gb from the store.

Meanwhile I'm just stuck at right here for the past few hours, unable to do anything about the disk space getting clogged by the game 😢 9a2eac3f-67ff-437f-91e2-117539558704-image.png

@CopingTick74022 see the box at the bottom left? Replace all child permission...etc". That needs to be selected as well. Without that there is no permission inheritance to the subfolders and files.

@John-Paul-RAGE I tried but it keeps unchecking every time I apply the change, I may have screwed up some where because I used to be able to access the folder before then but I couldn't after a restart, and it used to be checked all the time but now it seems to automatically unchecks itself

@CopingTick74022 it won't stayed "checked" if the ownership wasn't applied to all of the subfolders. If any of them are still owned by System or TrustedInstaller, it will block the permission change.