Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.

It's actually incredibly fast but the human mind simply can't process the power of Microsoft Azure ™.

I see that in my case this was really nothing becouse it took me only 3 hours 😕

@Racer This thread hasn't been active since June. The game had a bad PC launch, which was further compounded by Microsoft's bad app client. Why you would resurrect this thread, especially when you could have waited for the steam release?

I have a new laptop, 3.7GHz with 8GB RAM and a 512GB SSD. Professional All-in-One for school and work (Tech Major, Design Minor)

I started downloading this yesterday afternoon, went to WalMart and for a walk. Figured it would be done (2 hours remaining when I left). Computer apparently was set to sleep after a short while, nothing downloaded. Set it before grocery shopping and cooking today, said the same time remaining, bar moved 15%.

Why should one NOT complain about waiting for a launch on another platform? I for one stopped using Steam years ago, and am ONLY downloading it now BECAUSE of this. I'm not happy about that, or that I have to login into Steam to post here.

If I wasn't looking forward to this because of my popularity on the original, I'd leave a bad review and skip over it.

RezBumping a post is no less rude than making a new one, ESPECIALLY considering how condescending some can be, saying to read older forums. This proves I did. This is a new app in the US, so I also hope bumping it may keep awareness of the problem: IDK yet if the steam thing even WILL help with this!

Meanwhile, Maybe someone can seed the base files to this? I saw someone post about another launcher, but perhaps one can elaborate it would work, considering that specifically says it's for the JP version of the game, only?

@cdarwin85 said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

I have a new laptop, 3.7GHz with 8GB RAM and a 512GB SSD. Professional All-in-One for school and work (Tech Major, Design Minor)

I started downloading this yesterday afternoon, went to WalMart and for a walk. Figured it would be done (2 hours remaining when I left). Computer apparently was set to sleep after a short while, nothing downloaded. Set it before grocery shopping and cooking today, said the same time remaining, bar moved 15%.

Why should one NOT complain about waiting for a launch on another platform? I for one stopped using Steam years ago, and am ONLY downloading it now BECAUSE of this. I'm not happy about that, or that I have to login into Steam to post here.

If I wasn't looking forward to this because of my popularity on the original, I'd leave a bad review and skip over it.

RezBumping a post is no less rude than making a new one, ESPECIALLY considering how condescending some can be, saying to read older forums. This proves I did. This is a new app in the US, so I also hope bumping it may keep awareness of the problem: IDK yet if the steam thing even WILL help with this!

Meanwhile, Maybe someone can seed the base files to this? I saw someone post about another launcher, but perhaps one can elaborate it would work, considering that specifically says it's for the JP version of the game, only?

The website specifically says "The PSO2 Tweaker is a replacement for the normal PSO2 launcher, used to update, patch, and launch the Japanese and North American versions of the game."

There is a NA version-specific version of the site at https://na.arks-layer.com/, with guides and such for NA as well.

For the Steam version, you can just download and install the Tweaker - It'll ask you if it's installed, hit no, then select Steam, then give it a directory to install to. Once it's fully patched, just hit "Start Game" in the PSO2 Tweaker.

@Aida-Enna Thank you so much, I'll get right on it! How long do you think it may take then, based on standard internet?

@Venaci said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

@Aida-Enna Thank you so much, I'll get right on it! How long do you think it may take then, based on standard internet?

With standard 100MBPS, it would take up to 2-3 hours, considering how archaic the update server structure is. Even when using the Tweaker, it still uses the official patch servers to get files for updates. Steam is the only platform that downloads the game with all current updates straight from Steam, itself, hence why it is faster to download and update than the MS Store version and XBOX Version.

No prob, happy to help! There's a lot of factors involved, but it shouldn't take too long. It's also resumable, so if something goes wrong you can just re-open it and it'll ask to resume.

@Ragnawind said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

With standard 100MBPS, it would take up to 2-3 hours, considering how archaic the update server structure is. Even when using the Tweaker, it still uses the official patch servers to get files for updates. Steam is the only platform that downloads the game with all current updates straight from Steam, itself, hence why it is faster to download and update than the MS Store version and XBOX Version.

This is incorrect, the azure NA servers can support high speeds - The official launcher just limits your speeds (assumedly, I haven't checked NA's specifically). We had one user who finished the download in 30 minutes using the Tweaker, but they had an insane connection.

@Darkedone02 said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

I've have no issues with downloading the game though MS Store and installing it on my drive, but when i launch the launcher of the game, the game decided to download very slowly like 10 or 20 MB/s Along with the lack of a download manager to prevent it from sapping my entire internet to download these files.

2b6221d7-4d62-458a-9604-2ac2ffb28db2-image.png

Why is there no download manager to adjust the speed AND prevent it from sapping my internet when I am watching twitch or playing another online game?

You contradicted yourself? 10-20 mb/s (slow) but sapping your entire internet?

Either way, if you want to download it all through a download manager consider using Steam where the entire game is downloaded via Steam and you'll just need the latest couple updates.

Actually wasn't there someone that mentioned that if you disable your IPV6 connections , Speed will increase. It wasn't all that bad, took me only 45 minutes.

FFXI is worse. It takes 8 hours to install that game..

@DDDDLife that work if your ISP has IPv6 enabled, if not it won't change anything

@Ragnawind said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

Not entirely true since Steam only downloads up to Episode 4 (The initial update the game released on Steam) then the rest is done through the official launcher as far as I can see since all updates after the initial release have been file checked and done through the launcher for me.