Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.

Man what the heck. Japan why u do dis? This game is literally almost ten years old (though updated continually in that time.) 'Here I wanna play the thing while I've got an hour to kill WELP I'm up a creek because I didn't think ahead and start it the night before.' 😐

The speed of this launcher makes the Warframe launcher look flawless and that thing is slower than a dead snail.

@Ephemiel So i have noticed. It finally finished and for now is working.

Funny, bot hgames started around the same time.

ba9a6409-f161-4b3d-b0be-ff37bb74f13c-image.png

Can the technical team have any fix for this? It was already slow when I was downloading from the windows store and it's slow when verifying the downloaded content?

@Anunaer said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

Can the technical team have any fix for this? It was already slow when I was downloading from the windows store and it's slow when verifying the downloaded content?

Have you checked your hard drive for bad sectors? There are a few free programs that can do that. Otherwise, what are your computer specs. The verification is dependent on your computer's specs.

@Ragnawind My HD doesn't have any bad sector and I have played this game before when Playpark released the game on the SEA server 4-5 years ago. So the specs of my PC should be able to run the game smoothly.

The main problem here is verifying the downloaded file shouldn't take an hour or 8 hours long in order to play the game. It should only 10 to 30 minutes at best. This is not the first MMORPG that I have played. Even old MMORPGs shouldn't take this long to verify.

@Ragnawind said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

Have you checked your hard drive for bad sectors? There are a few free programs that can do that. Otherwise, what are your computer specs. The verification is dependent on your computer's specs.

Having switched to PSO Tweaker and monitored my bandwidth usage , and can pretty confidently say that 2/2 is not the verification step. 1/2 is very quick and takes almost no bandwidth, yet 2/2 takes forever and uses a huge amount of bandwidth. Based on the steps PSO Tweaker goes through for installation/patching and that bandwidth usage pattern, I'm pretty sure 1/2 is building a manifest of files that need downloading, and 2/2 is the actual download.

I've tried to download this about 3 different times since it's NA PC release, and ran into the same issue with the download speed. Not sure if it's downloading or not since there's no information on the launcher about how fast it's downloading. It gets to 2/2, and the "Time Remaining" just starts climbing up. My upload speed is non existent, so I wonder if that's possibly the issue on my end. Have they at least issued a statement about the download issue??

@Anunaer and @Rajamic99 I can confirm that the launcher is indeed downloading about 60GB of the game in this step, and probably in a limited bandwitch too. Other thing is that if there's even a single file missing this shity launcher will re-download the entire game.

If anyone is having any problems to download this game, I would recommend uninstalling the game and using the Arks-Layer twicher to download and install it.

@Caiofc said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

@Anunaer and @Rajamic99 I can confirm that the launcher is indeed downloading about 60GB of the game in this step, and probably in a limited bandwitch too. Other thing is that if there's even a single file missing this shity launcher will re-download the entire game.

You mean to say that actual file is 60GB and not just 11GB? That's a 500% jump from the initial download! Besides, some HD games will not take that much space unless the DLCs are also included.

You mean to say that actual file is 60GB and not just 11GB? That's a 500% jump from the initial download! Besides, some HD games will not take that much space unless the DLCs are also included.

The game uses the Episode 6 client from JP and has all of the data from there included. They are just gating off content until it is ready for release. Episodes 1-3 are available now. No one knows why the initial download was only 11 GB and the patched game in its actual running directory is 68GB. I can confirm, though that the 11GB from the MS Store isn't counted as used, since I had around 141GB free before installing and around 70GB after.

@Ragnawind said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

The game uses the Episode 6 client from JP and has all of the data from there included. They are just gating off content until it is ready for release. Episodes 1-3 are available now. No one knows why the initial download was only 11 GB and the patched game in its actual running directory is 68GB. I can confirm, though that the 11GB from the MS Store isn't counted as used, since I had around 141GB free before installing and around 70GB after.

Then it should be better if the client itself was downloaded outside of the MS store then. It's really useless if you download something from the store expecting it's the whole game never realizing that you need a bigger capacity for you to install it.

Or better yet, they should have put it in the description that you will need more than 55GB of free space or you will need at least 100GB of free space. Because judging from all of the people who are posting here, they expect the current size of the game file on what Microsoft have said.

i'm unistalling the game, this isn't 1995

@TouchComa79 Uninstall it then if you want use the tweaker to install it, you shouldn't run in any problem anymore.

Here's the link if interested :https://na.arks-layer.com/

Don't know if it works as I've just had my first corruption and currently reinstalling.

I'm definetely going to take ownership of the folder after its completed the patch and copy the files to another drive so I have a safe copy.

If it corrupts again, I'm copying the safe copy over the top and launching it.

3 hour download, goodbye Friday night.