Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.

I've have no issues with downloading the game though MS Store and installing it on my drive, but when i launch the launcher of the game, the game decided to download very slowly like 10 or 20 MB/s Along with the lack of a download manager to prevent it from sapping my entire internet to download these files.

2b6221d7-4d62-458a-9604-2ac2ffb28db2-image.png

Why is there no download manager to adjust the speed AND prevent it from sapping my internet when I am watching twitch or playing another online game?

@Darkedone02 said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

bruh honestly i have no idea how to help but i'm having this problem too, surely my PC isn't that slow but apparently its been doing that "Operation Progress" for around 4 Hours and 40 min and it says it will still take around 4 more hours. sucks that on launch day i couldn't play cause my PC was hella slow

same here super sloooow, nothing to do with my internet download speed and i have an ssd installed as well

@Darkedone02 said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

I've have no issues with downloading the game though MS Store and installing it on my drive, but when i launch the launcher of the game, the game decided to download very slowly like 10 or 20 MB/s Along with the lack of a download manager to prevent it from sapping my entire internet to download these files.

2b6221d7-4d62-458a-9604-2ac2ffb28db2-image.png

Why is there no download manager to adjust the speed AND prevent it from sapping my internet when I am watching twitch or playing another online game?

You can't adjust speed or anything because it uses Akamai Peer2Peer services for patching, which is basically a legal torrenting service. Since it is Peer2Peer, you are also uploading as it is downloading. Most free2play MMOs use this technology. Also, you image shows (2/2), which means it is on the verification phase after finishing downloads. This should no longer be using your network and only slowing the computer itself down while it verifies the files aren't corrupt.

I'm having issues with download speed as well. I'm at over 13 hours by now with no sign of the end in sight, this is going to be soul crushing when it finishes and then the files corrupt...

alt text

Does anyone know if the download will pause if i stop it and start it again later? or will it start from the beginning?

@mzeinh said in Downloading PS02 on PC, however it's quite slow.:

Does anyone know if the download will pause if i stop it and start it again later? or will it start from the beginning?

It should resume from where it left off. Every time it connects to the patch server, it checks the files already in the install location and gets a list of the files it needs to download if they are missing, corrupt, or outdated, unless it is different from other free2play MMOs that use Akamai.

so there's no way to make this go faster? should I take it to a friend's house and use their internet?

nope that is how it is in japan to. if you ever do not do a update after a big patch expect this all over again. first time should be slow but if you do updates usually never as long as the first.

You guys call that slow? Then how do you all think I should be feeling about that? Love u Sega.PNG

Well I guess it's comforting knowing that this is normal. I had my computer running all night and after that it STILL said time remaining at 3 1/2 hours. It had that time before I went to sleep so it's probably still going to take more than 3 hours. This is the first time my computer has really ever lagged for anything, so I got nervous.

@MidgetTosser101 i did the same woke up to an error. then had to start over..

pso.png You guys seem to have a fast PC then me for some reason and I been waiting for days...

I'm having this too, and even though it's on the 2/2 section, it is completely choking my entire internet connection.