Launcher updated itself, and now won't launch : lasterror 1813

No region block, and no support for outside players are two different things, perfectly compatible with each other.

The game is officially released in USA and Canada. That's the people that will get support. But that does not restrict outside people to play.

It's the exact same situation with the Japanese server, but there fans made an unofficial launcher that actually works, and PSO2NA got the same launcher as the Japanese game, so the same problems exist. Now crossing my fingers for a PSO2Na Tweaker to exist soon...

@SaengerLamm292 said in Launcher updated itself, and now won't launch : lasterror 1813:

@dxlucasxb

I can just assume how the Microsoft Store is handling those requests. The Microsoft Store is a heaping pile of garbage so I wouldn't be surprised that most people have issues due to the faulty store.

This error comes up after you update the game. The store only downloads it, nothing else.

out of curiosity, did you all install it on the main harddrive (usually c) or did you change it to another one?

also did you try the Repair function which was mentioned in a twitter post that apparently fixed it for someone?

I'm in Canada and getting this error.

I'm not surprised that PSO2 has this amount of errors, the Japanese version is just as broken as this, to many people is needed to chance permissions and a bunch of other things for the launcher to work....

According to the PSO2 Fleet discord, we're now at whooping 50 recorded errors.

@EibeCoLd said in Launcher updated itself, and now won't launch : lasterror 1813:

out of curiosity, did you all install it on the main harddrive (usually c) or did you change it to another one?

also did you try the Repair function which was mentioned in a twitter post that apparently fixed it for someone?

yep, C drive here, which happens to be an SSD. I had the Japanese version installed on the same drive and had no problems (although, as everyone else, I rely on Tweaker). I uninstalled it just to avoid any conflicting. I'm also trying this repair option and it's been going for a while now.

I think this specific error is the same as no hard drive space or something, I've installed the game on the D partition and he was trying to update inside the C partition and this one has no space!

@dxlucasxb said in Launcher updated itself, and now won't launch : lasterror 1813:

I think this specific error is the same as no hard drive space or something, I've installed the game on the D partition and he was trying to update inside the C partition and this one has no space!

That'd be weird, tho. Both my drives have more than enough space. However, I do have My Documents in the D drive, so maybe that's what causing issues? I had no such problems with the Japanese version, thouugh.

I had this issue. Tried reinstalling it to no avail. Made myself owner with full control for each file and managed to progress little by little until a dll issue. So i started tinkering even harder on a reinstall getting full permissions from all those files before the errors and... now I'm playing without issue...for now.

So yeah, it's a permissions issue.

@Radhulbh said in Launcher updated itself, and now won't launch : lasterror 1813:

I had this issue. Tried reinstalling it to no avail. Made myself owner with full control for each file and managed to progress little by little until a dll issue. So i started tinkering even harder on a reinstall getting full permissions from all those files before the errors and... now I'm playing without issue...for now.

So yeah, it's a permissions issue.

Why am I not surprised that a game from the Microsoft Store has permission issues?

Any guides out there for those of us who are less versed on dealing with permissions?

Got the same error. Not sure why it´s even trying to find things on C:\ when it´s not even installed on that harddrive....

@Radhulbh An easier way to do this is to find the content folder, edit permissions by giving yourself full control and enabling the option to edit permissions on all child objects and subdirectories.

Well, now the game messed up my computer big time. There's something eating up my resources ever since I tried the repair tool. I can't open or uninstall the game and I can't even open the folder where it's supposedly located.

Thanks, Mmicrosoft.

I also got this Problem