[PC] GAME GUARD ERL FILE DUMP THREAD - for developer assistance ( BASICALLY GAMEGUARD CRASH LOGS)

Instructions on how to collect dump files - http://gameguardfaq.nprotect.com/eng/con_13.html

PSO2 DUMP FILE LOCATION BlahBlah wherever your app folder is located\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin\GameGuard

Please note that you may need to claim ownership of this folder to get these files - tutorial, I do not recommend doing this unless you really know what you are doing, so that you know how to reverse it if it causes issues - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-take-ownership-files-and-folders-windows-10

I would also recommend creating a ticket - https://pso2.com/support#contact-us

UPDATE: Np 1013 means that GameGuard is being tripped by either a running process or program or executible present on your machine

you may be able to resolve it as I did by typing the phrase msconfig into your start bar and hitting enter, then on the menu that appears click on the tab labeled "services" at the bottom of that tabs menu you will see a new empty box that reads "Hide all Microsoft services"

You must click the empty box so that it has a little blue checkmark in it, the list of services should become much smaller

The ones I have confirmed are fine are "Nvidia display container LS" and "AMD Dynamic Local Mode Service"

Turn every other service off

Now click the Startup tab and click the blue text that says "Open Task Manager" on the menu that appears disable the following

"Java Update Scheduler" "Realtek HD Audio Manager" "USB 3.0 Moniter"

There may be others you'll have to test with your own available processes and services

LEAVE THE XBOX services alone obviously as those are required to play PSO 2

Discord is fine

Windows Security Notification Icon is fine

Disable windows defender its self as completely as possible, it will interfere with the game and is terrible anyway (done through the windows defender menu)

Also delete any game trainers or memory editing programs you might have even if they are completely unrelated or are just sitting in folders or even rar files and uninstall and delete cheat engine if you use it for anything

Steam its self can run fine along side the game without issues as of right now, please be aware that there is a single one time nag screen from steam after doing the above, just confirm, steam will still work

I can also confirm NVIDIA RTX VOICE does not cause any issues

BIT DEFENDER MAY CAUSE ISSUES SOMETIMES ( an antivirus program )

@Scape211

I had the same thing and resolved it, Np 1013 means that GameGuard is being tripped by either a running process or program or executible present on your machine

you may be able to resolve it as I did by typing the phrase msconfig into your start bar and hitting enter, then on the menu that appears click on the tab labeled "services" at the bottom of that tabs menu you will see a new empty box that reads "Hide all Microsoft services"

You must click the empty box so that it has a little blue checkmark in it, the list of services should become much smaller

The ones I have confirmed are fine are "Nvidia display container LS" and "AMD Dynamic Local Mode Service"

Turn every other service off

Now click the Startup tab and click the blue text that says "Open Task Manager" on the menu that appears disable the following

"Java Update Scheduler" "Realtek HD Audio Manager" "USB 3.0 Moniter"

There may be others you'll have to test with your own available processes and services

LEAVE THE XBOX services alone obviously as those are required to play PSO 2

Discord is fine

Windows Security Notification Icon is fine

Disable windows defender its self as completely as possible, it will interfere with the game and is terrible anyway (done through the windows defender menu)

Also delete any game trainers or memory editing programs you might have even if they are completely unrelated or are just sitting in folders or even rar files and uninstall and delete cheat engine if you use it for anything

Steam its self can run fine along side the game without issues as of right now, please be aware that there is a single one time nag screen from steam after doing the above, just confirm, steam will still work

I can also confirm NVIDIA RTX VOICE does not cause any issues

BIT DEFENDER MAY CAUSE ISSUES SOMETIMES ( an antivirus program )

Thanks I appreciate it. To be honest though my system is a fresh install and completely bare bones. The only issue that may be arising is that I'm running a virtual PC through parallels on a Mac. Normally this isn't any issue, but game guard might be tripping up from that. Otherwise I am not sure what else it could be. All you have mentioned I either didn't have on my list or it was turned off.

I did turn off all parallels functions from the list you mentioned too. Still didnt help. I made a support ticket with my game guard crash log. We will see what they say.

@Scape211 heres hoping they can help you n.n

@Scape211 said in [PC] GAME GUARD ERL FILE DUMP THREAD - for developer assistance ( BASICALLY GAMEGUARD CRASH LOGS):

Thanks I appreciate it. To be honest though my system is a fresh install and completely bare bones. The only issue that may be arising is that I'm running a virtual PC through parallels on a Mac. Normally this isn't any issue, but game guard might be tripping up from that. Otherwise I am not sure what else it could be. All you have mentioned I either didn't have on my list or it was turned off.

I did turn off all parallels functions from the list you mentioned too. Still didnt help. I made a support ticket with my game guard crash log. We will see what they say.

If you are using a virtual machine, that likely is what is causing GameGuard issues. Gameguard is notorious for stuff like that. People even tried to get MMOs running on an emulator in Linux before, but with GameGurad, it always detected it and shut down.

I figured as much. Its annoying since I am not doing anything malicious; just dont have a dedicated gaming pc. Quite a bummer. I think I am pinning my hopes on tweaker now.

Hopefully they can start pacthing this issue because the stuff that you have to turn off might as well say turn off your pc because well turning off windows defender yeah that opens you up to a lot of virus spyware malware and ransomware attacks and as for a lot of the other basic programs well this stuff really should've been monitored tightly under a microscope because the devs should've known that we would be playing on Windows 10 and from the way its looking it looks like some of us won't be able to play for months but I'll give this a try and see what happens even though im against turning off windows defender and yes i do have anti virus software thats paid software and tools to clean up infections for my pc but its also very time consuming just to go through and clean that crap up.

@Ragnawind said in [PC] GAME GUARD ERL FILE DUMP THREAD - for developer assistance ( BASICALLY GAMEGUARD CRASH LOGS):

@Scape211 said in [PC] GAME GUARD ERL FILE DUMP THREAD - for developer assistance ( BASICALLY GAMEGUARD CRASH LOGS):

If you are using a virtual machine, that likely is what is causing GameGuard issues. Gameguard is notorious for stuff like that. People even tried to get MMOs running on an emulator in Linux before, but with GameGurad, it always detected it and shut down.

I contacted NProtect directly, sending them nothing but the error logs (no message content), and they indicated that a "Virtual PC Environment Blocking Policy", an optional policy of GameGuard, has been configured by SEGA, preventing it from running in a Virtual Machine.

Until SEGA removes this policy, the game will fail to run in a virtual machine.

Update: @Scape211 @EeryHealer8871 https://forum.pso2.com/topic/4614/psa-virtual-machines-are-blocked-by-sega-mac-linux