Game won't start after GameGuard

@Soulpuppet Not a single word been spoke by dev at their Twitter. It's sad to see the game I love fail at these ridiculous ways

Don't let this get buried

I honestly am baffled at the lack of communication, i get that the twitter team is just the messenger here but it'd be nice to have messages to be relayed in the first place.

For all we know they aren't doing anything about this. My honest hope is "Of course they are, what are you? Mad?" but with a launch this hilariously inept for a game that's almost a decade old, i have to honestly wonder what the stategy here is.

same thing happens to me after nprotect.

Except I get the BSOD with a critical process died error. I also tried various changes in the settings but no matter what it will always BSOD :<

New Gameguard Issue. After 3 reinstallations and reloading gameguard folder twice, now i can get to the nvidia title screen and the game crashes with a NP0 error code. This is another gameguard error. Please make the gameguard errors stop!!!!

Now I just restarted my computer and the launcher will not even work. Thank you for a wonderful day1 experience so far. I live in the Midwest and this is just horrendous.

Man, in my case after downloading the game a few times to try to make it work pass the gameguard, now it won't even download from the store...

I'm done sadly. The lack of communication has did me in. I'm going back to FFXIV this is just the worst I've ever seen a launch in a long time. This company apparently doesn't care.

@Hengbok I also get constant BSOD's. No clue why either.

So was gonna try a reinstall. I uninstalled, Now I get "Try again later, something happened on our end". I'm ded

@EjinSmug you need at least windows Version 10.0.18362 and the us store page. or it wont let you download it.

Same, this is the error I see in eventviewer

Faulting application name: pso2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ecbe8f6 Faulting module name: xgameruntime.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1870, time stamp: 0x4cf7c9be Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x00000000000f6492 Faulting process id: 0x49b4 Faulting application start time: 0x01d63449c1a5d30c Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j\pso2.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xgameruntime.dll Report Id: b4eec1e4-6888-43d2-b106-5419425eddd8 Faulting package full name: 100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j Faulting package-relative application ID: Game

Getting the same error here as well. Gameguard comes up, goes away, and the splashscreen for PSO2 goes away without launching anything. Tried an sfc /scannow, just in case it was some corrupted windows file, but no luck there. Also messed with the game settings, going from simple to full and back, but no change.

Right now I'm redownloading the game, saving it to my C drive (previous it installed to my D drive). We'll see if that changes anything.

Does this game actually use Game Guard.

Tried to launch the game it won't launch anyways, however if it's using Game Guard, I don't want to play it anyways and saw (NO USER AGREEMENT) for game guard, so i'll be reporting the software to microsoft for installing additional 3rd party rootkit without consent.

I don't trust nor want Game Guard drivers or software on my system, nor was I informed to accept or decline an agreement to such, and if such has been installed I want a way to remove (EVERY FILE) and registry key related to it as well as device driver.

Yes this game use nProtect