Windows 10: Vivoxsdk.dll is missing

When i click on Start game in the Windows 10 launcher, i get an error saying: Vivosdk.dll is missing, then the application closes

Already tried the check files.

Thanks,

apparently this is some kind of third party middleware that enables voice chat between players on games where devs do not want to code it in themselves, you can try installing their app and it may resolve the issue, it should be enough to give you the needed up to date files https://overtoneapp.com/?referrer=vms-promo-popup

@WarcraftCow Did not work for me, even after reinstall

@Lunaotic97 try taking the dll file by the same name from the install directory from that app I directed you and paste it into the PSO2 directory overwriting the existing one (make sure to back up the old one first) maybe that will work?

@WarcraftCow for some reason I am not able to open the windowsapps folder even when I am '' owner '' I cant paste the dll file..

All my files are located at D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin (granted its installed on a different drive than my windows drive)

please see this link, some other users have utilized this method https://www.windowscentral.com/how-take-ownership-files-and-folders-windows-10

@MageMagus said in Windows 10: Vivoxsdk.dll is missing:

All my files are located at D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin (granted its installed on a different drive than my windows drive)

In most cases, installing free to play MMOs outside of the Windows OS Drive will cause many problems.

@coldreactive said in Windows 10: Vivoxsdk.dll is missing:

In most cases, installing free to play MMOs outside of the Windows OS Drive will cause many problems.

Ive already started it up, and got the the ship selections screens

@coldreactive said in Windows 10: Vivoxsdk.dll is missing:

Ive already started it up, and got the the ship selections screens

I guess I can count myself lucky that I've not had any errors at all. But I also waited until 11 PM Pacific to start my initial download, unlike a few people around here. Plus, I've had OneDrive uninstalled (via powershell) since I started using Windows. (It's one of the first things I do after a Windows install.) So I don't have OneDrive asking constantly if I want to backup files/etc.

@MageMagus tried to replace the vivoxsdk.dll in here and it didnt work.

@Lunaotic97 said in Windows 10: Vivoxsdk.dll is missing:

@MageMagus tried to replace the vivoxsdk.dll in here and it didnt work.

Whats the reported size of the vivoxsdk.dll you have?

@Lunaotic97 said in Windows 10: Vivoxsdk.dll is missing:

@MageMagus 4.12 MB

Its the right size, unsure as to why its not working.

@MageMagus Oh well, we have been waiting for a long time now. A few more hours/days til everything is fixed wont hurt I guess.