Microsoft Store, stuck on "Downloading Phantasy Star Online 2..."

Please help me. When I try to download, the game stuck on "Downloading Phantasy Star Online 2..." For over 10 minutes now... Is it only me??? It only stuck at downloading without any progress, there isn't even a progress bar, just downloading. I even tried to restart windows update services and disable all non-related services and run Ccleaner, and non of it works!!!

EZAa6jPWsAEx2bC.jpg

Good news folks! I've successfully installed the game and played it yesterday without any problems. The solution that i get from the technical support is to Reset your PC.

How to reset?

Go to Updates & Security > Recovery > Reset This PC ("You can choose between keep your files" and "Remove everything") Installation takes 1-2 hours.

Why this Happens?

It is caused by a faulty registry on the windows update location, that made it impossible for the computer to get any downloads on the Microsoft server, this also includes the Microsoft store. This is caused by illegally downloading and installing a copy of the Windows 10 OS. By Resetting your computer, it converts all of your apps, settings and registry to it's original form.

(Before resetting your computer, you must update it to the latest version of windows, because if you reset it, you will still use the older versions)

How to Update to Windows 10 latest version (1909)

Go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And download the Update Assistant.

Be sure to turn off your Antivirus and firewall.

Installation takes 3 hours in total.

Yeah I'm also having this problem. I hope someone has a solution for this.

@BlamedJester177 I have been lurking around the Discord server, Reddit, Microsoft Forums, and even the Microsoft Store technical support and still no solution that I can find. I will update this forum if i ever find one. Wish me luck! And I hope we can play this game without no problems

I heard people trying to stop the download and restarting it helped.

@ERICK001BC Tried it multiple times to no avail. And I just want to update that after 3 hours of waiting, i got 130.0KB out of 8MB downloaded for Game Services. Game Services only not yet for the main PSO2 download. Please I hope I can find the solution.

@SappyCliGan I am sure it will work eventually. They are having a lot of issues atm, because of the intensity of downloads.

@ERICK001BC I understand. Might as well wait for the fix

@SappyCliGan Sorry to say, but on the bright side it is still in maintenance. My recommendation would be to clear your pc cache (something like cc cleaner) do a full restart of both the download and computer and hope it works fine. You wouldn't want it to start and be corrupted somehow either.

I'm having this issue as well... Any fixes found by anyone yet?

@Dancing-Fighter Good news folks! I've successfully installed the game and played it yesterday without any problems. The solution that i get from the technical support is to Reset your PC.

How to reset?

Go to Updates & Security > Recovery > Reset This PC ("You can choose between keep your files" and "Remove everything") Installation takes 1-2 hours.

Why this Happens?

It is caused by a faulty registry on the windows update location, that made it impossible for the computer to get any downloads on the Microsoft server, this also includes the Microsoft store. This is caused by illegally downloading and installing a copy of the Windows 10 OS. By Resetting your computer, it converts all of your apps, settings and registry to it's original form.

(Before resetting your computer, you must update it to the latest version of windows, because if you reset it, you will still use the older versions)

I been seeing a lot of reports on data being corrupted. If there is an error with the client or it doesn't install fully properly it is best to cancel and try again.

@ERICK001BC Is your error related to "Downloading Phantasy Star Online 2..." ? Then it is the problem of the windows update registry that helps it connect to the servers. That means it has a hard time connecting to the servers.

@SappyCliGan Not happening to me, I am on Xbox, I just seen people having their character data being deleted because the system kept pausing and not fully downloading the game.

@SappyCliGan said in Microsoft Store, stuck on "Downloading Phantasy Star Online 2...":

@Dancing-Fighter Good news folks! I've successfully installed the game and played it yesterday without any problems. The solution that i get from the technical support is to Reset your PC.

How to reset?

Why this Happens?

What exactly do you lose when you do this?