Character Import from Japan Servers?

Kind of skimming through. Is there any update/plan to allow US/UK/EU players who were on the Japanese servers pre-geo-lockout to recover their pre-existing characters and import them into the US/UK/EU servers?

100% not happening. Your JP chars are not transferring.

Transferring from JP is impossible. You can still play them on JP, though.

I want to be able to bring my character file to NA. The import function is on Xbox but it only let's you use it for characters you created on Xbox. My guy looks way better on JP I wanna upload the info on PC if possible.

@redPG said in Character Import from Japan Servers?:

I want to be able to bring my character file to NA. The import function is on Xbox but it only let's you use it for characters you created on Xbox. My guy looks way better on JP I wanna upload the info on PC if possible.

If that is all you want (the appearance data), it might be possible, as long as you have it exported to your computer. You might need to find where the character data is stored on the NA version, though, in order to move it to the appropriate place if it isn't the same as the JP version.

@Aurian-Saist said in Character Import from Japan Servers?:

Kind of skimming through. Is there any update/plan to allow US/UK/EU players who were on the Japanese servers pre-geo-lockout to recover their pre-existing characters and import them into the US/UK/EU servers?

100% Not happening because the NA version doesn't have old type weapons. Different clients, database layouts, etc.

Yeah at this point they are almost like 2 separate games. I thought they locked the JP servers to only Jap IP's only. I am sure there is a way around this like with tor bridges and stuff.

@ERICK001BC said in Character Import from Japan Servers?:

Yeah at this point they are almost like 2 separate games. I thought they locked the JP servers to only Jap IP's only. I am sure there is a way around this like with tor bridges and stuff.

JP is not IP blocked. It was for about a year after a massive DDoS attempt on their servers, though, but that was removed long ago.

@Ragnawind Ok good to know. Sadly I don't have a decent PC and I didn't really lose much anyways. Still TY for the update.

@Ragnawind The only IP blocks were for China and the SEA area, the latter of which was only put in place at the request of the SEA publisher of the game, Asiasoft, but was recently completely removed. Following the DDoS, the JPN servers were never technically IP blocked since there were many who could still connect from outside Japan without a VPN or proxy depending on their ISP, like Time Warner Cable; it had to do with the new routing that Yahoo JP set up for PSO2 servers not being properly announced to ISPs outside of Japan.