Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?

@Zarozian said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

@coldreactive said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

@AirFox597866915 said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

Not meant to be a "dig" at Microsoft in any way.. just saying. If they wanna make money, they're going to get more of it from selling consoles for a game release. Considering the game is free.

And selling Windows 10.

Windows 10 is free though lol...

I had to buy it once because I had custom built a system previously. I got it on a fancy little USB Stick from Microsoft even.

@Ragnawind said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

@Zarozian said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

@coldreactive said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

@AirFox597866915 said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

Not meant to be a "dig" at Microsoft in any way.. just saying. If they wanna make money, they're going to get more of it from selling consoles for a game release. Considering the game is free.

And selling Windows 10.

no it isn't. People say you can still use the free upgrade advisor to update from Windows 7 or later, but the actual free upgrade ended awhile back. If you build a new computer from scratch, you also have to buy the OS.

Can't you download it to free on to a flash drive and use it to install the OS?

@Ragnawind said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

And selling Windows 10.

no it isn't. People say you can still use the free upgrade advisor to update from Windows 7 or later, but the actual free upgrade ended awhile back. If you build a new computer from scratch, you also have to buy the OS.

Can't you download it to free on to a flash drive and use it to install the OS?

no. You can only free upgrade from an earlier Windows that is legit. From nothing, you need to buy it since you need a product key, which is what actually costs the money.

@Ragnawind You can actually download it free, then just buy the key which is around 10-usd last time I checked, which is cheaper then buying the disk at around 100 or so.... at least that's all I had to do.

@Chiryuu2609 said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

True, but they could create some hype in the store :D.

Unfortunately, because the PC version doesn't exist yet, it's not going to show up on the Microsoft Store app on Windows machines, this will only occur when the switch is flipped at 11 PM. So it's impossible for them to do that. The below is the results for searching Phantasy on the Windows version of the Microsoft Store.

And then people wonder why PC players are so fond of Steam store, maybe because we can get a profile page years before knowing a launch date, we can put it on our wishlist, subscribe to news for it, and use the community dedicated to it.

@landman said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

And then people wonder why PC players are so fond of Steam store, maybe because we can get a profile page years before knowing a launch date, we can put it on our wishlist, subscribe to news for it, and use the community dedicated to it.

In most cases yes, thankfully. But in some rare cases, unfortunately not. Some AAA titles are uploaded to the steam servers, which is caught by sites like steamdb/etc. but the store page can sometimes not show up until a week before launch. I know Microsoft put the Halo games on Steam's servers years ago prior to the Master Chief Collection.

But in some rare cases, unfortunately not.

Yeah, no matter how well-built a platform is for informing players about the games they want and are interested in, if the creators don't make full use of it, it can't help.

Here we have the opposite extreme though. It seems like pretty much the only reason PC wasn't given a preload period (let alone a 5-day one) is that the store hosting it is incapable of doing so without allowing players to play early.

@Miraglyth said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

Here we have the opposite extreme though. It seems like pretty much the only reason PC wasn't given a preload period (let alone a 5-day one) is that the store hosting it is incapable of doing so without allowing players to play early.

That said, PSO2 allows you to login and use certain menu items without ever choosing a ship. In the NA's case, you can actually create a character before choosing a ship. (This is NOT present in the JP version, as it requires you to first choose a ship.)

Plus, data-mining, I guess. Final Fantasy XIV doesn't allow you to download new patch files until just hours before the patch's release.

I'm not sure how that relates to what I'd said, but it's good information all the same.

@Miraglyth said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

I'm not sure how that relates to what I'd said, but it's good information all the same.

A lot of eastern developers absolutely hate when their data files are data-mined. 5 days would give ample time for someone to make a tool to do it.

5 days would give ample time for someone to make a tool to do it.

So if the game had a store with a better delivery mechanism it still might not be used. Makes sense, though it's pretty much what I said.

Choosing not to use the preload facility of a store is the creators' fault, and being unable to choose because the store is incapable of preload without access is the store's fault. Yes if PSO2 was provided elsewhere but not offered for preload anyway it would be the former, but as things stand it is the latter.

@Ragnawind You can download Windows 10 from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Windows 10 is free to use (meaning you will receive updates etc.) The thing you won't be able to do is customize the background and have a watermark unless you get a key.

@KuroSona said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

@Ragnawind You can actually download it free, then just buy the key which is around 10-usd last time I checked, which is cheaper then buying the disk at around 100 or so.... at least that's all I had to do.

The cheapest Windows 10 license key that is legit it directly from Microsoft for $139.99 for Windwos 10 Home Edition. If you got a key for only $10, it was probably from a third party selling OEM keys they bought in bulk, which would technically be illegal since they are only to be bought and used by OEMs like Dell, HP, Acer, etc..

@KuroSona said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

The cheapest Windows 10 license key that is legit it directly from Microsoft for $139.99 for Windwos 10 Home Edition. If you got a key for only $10, it was probably from a third party selling OEM keys they bought in bulk, which would technically be illegal since they are only to be bought and used by OEMs like Dell, HP, Acer, etc..

Newegg sells OEMs for 109.99 USD, yeah.

@Parallax I think it was more to finish up xbox sales before a new console release. They tend to do this with their stuff nearing a new release console edition or a end to a decade. I mean I don't know the numbers but I know a few handful of people who went and picked up an xbox recently just to play this game, also around stimulus check.