Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?

@IzzyData said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

I suspect some botched market research or misguided agenda towards xbox. If the goal was primarily to make the most money it would have made more sense to prioritize PC where all the players will be.

Nobody is buying a new Xbox to play PSO2. The handful of people that would feel compelled to get in early on Xbox would go get a second hand one.

Xbox has been known for not getting many Japan games on the Xbox One until very recently. Getting PSO2 which is a popular game to the West was their way of showing their Xbxo gamers they are going in the right direction investing more into getting popular Japanese games over to the West. If they had the game 1st on PC then it doesn't give the console owners that satisfaction they are still the top priority.

As to why people feel neglected it's more than likely because of NDA or simply SOJ telling them when they can talk. Look at game leaks that happen. The game is pretty much already ready but the company never talked about it because it wasn't the time they wanted to.

PSO2Info.png )

The Microsoft store isn't exactly a common outlet for PC gamers, particular MMORPG PC gamers; to frequent.

Heck i only found out PSO2 was making it's way to the west at long last thanks to mainstream mmorpg media outlets like Massively and MMORPG; which most subscribers get e-mail alerts via MMORPG.

If there's going to be any sort of ad-push for the PC version, media outlet's kinda has had that covered for the last 8 years or so; this is something we've all been impatiently waiting for, i don't think SEGA really needs to send out the bat signal for this game- we've been hibernating on that signal the whole darn time. xD

This was my reaction to finding out the North American PC version was coming out soon: alt text

I personally doubt Microsoft/Xbox would of told Sega to act like this towards PC, that's just asking for hate from PC users. And contradicts their behavior with bringing Halo/Gears of War etc to Steam. (that and there has been an obvious lack of "exclusivity" talk. Unless Xbox/MS thinks undisclosed exclusivity/deals is fine...)

My bets are on this was just due to Sega of Japan and how they chose to handle it. Aka just "focus" on Xbox first*(/just ignore PC) and then talk about PC, when get to releasing it - just how they have tended to only talk about or announced stuff at last second...

Though I swear, if the 4K display options are missing on PC...

*"focused on Xbox at moment" was basically what their Twitter said a few times during CBT or so, when people asked about PC.

Even if they just sponsored a few streamers for a weekend and held a launch event, it would help draw new people into the series. They could do giveaways of 30 day premium tickets and other shop items. I think there are a lot of western gamers out there that would have fun with PSO, but haven't heard much about it.

Where is any info about PSO2 in the main page :O? 2020-05-26 23_12_51-.jpg

@Chiryuu2609 said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

It doesn't show anything because it doesn't have PC added to its listing yet. That isn't happening until tonight. Advertising on the Microsoft Store is also awful, anyway.

I feel like they got it out in a pretty quick manner, sure PC elitists will be upset because it came after console, but it wasnt that far behind.

@gO-BeWarned said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

I feel like they got it out in a pretty quick manner, sure PC elitists will be upset because it came after console, but it wasnt that far behind.

In general people tend to be upset about almost everything... and they often don't even need real reason to be upset, they are upset... just because :O.

@coldreactive said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

@Chiryuu2609 said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

Download / availability of the PC version will be at 11 PM Pacific: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gaming?iso=20200526T23&p0=137&msg=Phantasy+Star+Online+2+PC+Download&ud=1&font=sanserif

True, but they could create some hype in the store :D.

Unfortunately, because the PC version doesn't exist yet, it's not going to show up on the Microsoft Store app on Windows machines, this will only occur when the switch is flipped at 11 PM. So it's impossible for them to do that. The below is the results for searching Phantasy on the Windows version of the Microsoft Store.

alt text

@coldreactive said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

Unfortunately, because the PC version doesn't exist yet, it's not going to show up on the Microsoft Store app on Windows machines, this will only occur when the switch is flipped at 11 PM. So it's impossible for them to do that. The below is the results for searching Phantasy on the Windows version of the Microsoft Store.

alt text

They could block downloading of the game and just give info "available at <time>" :D! Would be great :O.

alt text

They could block downloading of the game and just give info "available at <time>" :D! Would be great :O.

Microsoft would have to completely revamp their storefront to do that, espcially in the case of Play Anywhere titles.

I don't believe the Microsoft Store has any capability for scheduling releases, displaying "Upcoming Releases" section or anything of the sort.

@AirFox597866915 said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

Not meant to be a "dig" at Microsoft in any way.. just saying. If they wanna make money, they're going to get more of it from selling consoles for a game release. Considering the game is free.

And selling Windows 10.

Windows 10 is free though lol...

@Zarozian said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

@AirFox597866915 said in Can we get a legitimate response as to why PC launch feels so neglected?:

Not meant to be a "dig" at Microsoft in any way.. just saying. If they wanna make money, they're going to get more of it from selling consoles for a game release. Considering the game is free.

And selling Windows 10.

Windows 10 is free though lol...

no it isn't. People say you can still use the free upgrade advisor to update from Windows 7 or later, but the actual free upgrade ended awhile back. If you build a new computer from scratch, you also have to buy the OS.