Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02

I was able to download & install on the PC without issue yesterday, as were my friends, but OMG what a pig's breakfast it was. All the gate lobbies lagged like no one's business. Ship2 went from 60 blocks for xbox, mostly-empty to 90 packed blocks at 19:00ET to 150 packed blocks at 22:00ET--it was even showing all premium space as being full. Block transfer was impossible if you didn't have Premium, and if you went to your alliance or personal room, you had to re-log just to get out. I imagine the situation was much the same for 1 & 3 since they were also listed as full when I reconnected from a d/c around 22:30ET.

On the installation front, I just made an image backup of my PC just in case. I really don't want to sit through another 8-hour download.

I was optimistic going into this last maintenance period, but after last night....oi

@Zarozian said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

The ratings for PSO2 on the Microsoft Store are now in the gutters because they underestimated the number of people. It was so laggy that people could barely move or type.

Release shitty merch receive shitty ratings.

@SalutexMO said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

They just removed over a dozen blocks. They clearly know that they won't be receiving traffic like that again any time soon.

You've probably noticed by now but it seems adding and removing blocks is very straightforward, to the point that I'm surprised they haven't just automated scaling based on players connected to the ship.

So the removal of blocks that they could easily add back in the upcoming peak time doesn't really tell anything.

What does is that even after doing so, ships still have more than double the blocks that they ever did during Xbox availability spikes and they added ships instead of blocks during those spikes.

@ZeeeMeee said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

@Ezodagrom said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

@RagnarokSlayer It's a combination of things that resulted in a perfect storm.

We have them underestimating the number of PC players and not opening at least one new ship. Then we have the launcher for the PC version, which already had issues with permissions in the JP version, then we put that in the very restrictive Microsoft Store, which results in some cases the user being unable to workaround those issues. Uninstalling leaving behind unwanted data and not being able to delete it is also a result of the MS store restrictions.

SEGA hates the west so... this was prob done on purpose so they can use this as a reason to not give stuff to the west. Dang those westerners DDOS'sing JP server ship 02, came back to bite everyone's ass.

Never. They would never do that. This is definitely something that they didn’t want to see happening and this fault lies with Microsoft in the end for forcing their stuff on to PSO2.

@Miraglyth said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

@SalutexMO said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

They just removed over a dozen blocks. They clearly know that they won't be receiving traffic like that again any time soon.

You've probably noticed by now but it seems adding and removing blocks is very straightforward, to the point that I'm surprised they haven't just automated scaling based on players connected to the ship.

So the removal of blocks that they could easily add back in the upcoming peak time doesn't really tell anything.

What does is that even after doing so, ships still have more than double the blocks that they ever did during Xbox availability spikes and they added ships instead of blocks during those spikes.

They should have added in more blocks the day I made this thread. They would still have millions of players right now and all would be well and dandy with the only issue being the Microsoft Store nuking people’s games.

It's happening again! All the blocks in Ship 02 are full! 😧

Yeah, I just saw it. You're basically stuck on whatever block you load into.

@GM-Deynger said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

Amazon store crashed because lots of European players were trying to buy Microsoft gift cards for PSO2. = 3=

They better hurry and get those other ships up and expand the Ships.

@GM-Deynger said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

I been thinking, If personal quarters and Alliance rooms are based on their own server/block (from what i been told) but at the same time assigned to the block that you are, is it possible to be stuck in your room/quarters and not able to rejoin the block? Will it kick you to whatever free block is available?

@ERICK001BC said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

I been thinking, If personal quarters and Alliance rooms are based on their own server/block (from what i been told) but at the same time assigned to the block that you are, is it possible to be stuck in your room/quarters and not able to rejoin the block? Will it kick you to whatever free block is available?

If you are in your room you are sectioned off of all blocks. I'd you try to leave your room when all blocks are full it just boots you from the game saying all blocks are full please try again. Had this happen before.

@Zipzo said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

@ERICK001BC said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

If you are in your room you are sectioned off of all blocks. I'd you try to leave your room when all blocks are full it just boots you from the game saying all blocks are full please try again. Had this happen before.

Thank you. That really sucks, Going to have to get my tree boost and run.

@Home-Dog said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

I think this is a severe overestimation of the influx of players that the PC release will bring. As Ragnawind stated, there will be room.

This aged like milk, didn't it?

Monday: "Aw you're overestimating, there isn't THAT many people gonna be playing!"

Friday: Ship 2 is full

@Ninja53595 said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

Monday: "Aw you're overestimating, there isn't THAT many people gonna be playing!"

Friday: Ship 2 is full

It's like PC players outnumber xbox players. Microsoft is to fucking stupid to pull this off.

The game kicked me out of ship 2, even though I was already in because it became full. I'm sick of this...

At least give me a free ship transfer pass.