Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02

@IfrianMMO said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

Well, on the good side, we do not have to wait all that much to be called to knowledge.

Only a handful of hours to release, and the shape of the community within a month should give us a solid hint of what is to come.

Of course, the real test will be from then to Christmas, and i feel it depends heavily on whether or not the devs care to listen to the feedback that we have provided and the Western staff has been providing them with , or not.

Yup, hopefully we can convince a lot of the stay-JP players to change their mind in the coming months, as well.

@Zipzo said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

@IfrianMMO said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

Well, on the good side, we do not have to wait all that much to be called to knowledge.

Only a handful of hours to release, and the shape of the community within a month should give us a solid hint of what is to come.

Of course, the real test will be from then to Christmas, and i feel it depends heavily on whether or not the devs care to listen to the feedback that we have provided and the Western staff has been providing them with , or not.

Yup, hopefully we can convince a lot of the stay-JP players to change their mind in the coming months, as well.

Not a chance in the seven heavens as long as this monetization stands, as i see it.

I mean, you and i are a bit of a particular case, being very long term fans who clearly care for Phantasy Star way more than Phantasy Star has cared for us so far, but not everyone feels the way we do.

Objectively speaking, there´s nearly no reasons for JP players to come play an outdated, over-monetized version of the game where they have to reobtain and re-purchase what they already have in JP at a higher price and oftentimes untradable.

Especially when PSO2NA is yet to prove itself and fulfill their claims and promises, and with the track-record of our past.

So i think that it will really depend, once again, on how fast and efficiently do the devs react to feedback.

@Zipzo said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

1. It 100% does not, chiefly because there is no language barrier which is absolutely a massive component of what makes signing up for the JP one difficult for a vast majority of players, and in addition, difficult for people to play it period. I'm aware of the patch, but people simply don't want to go out of their way to finangle with that, or perhaps have no inclination to support it's use given certain historical facts about the people who run it.

While the barrier of entry is smaller, there are other barriers that at least for me (as an European) are enough to not play on NA and stay on JP (though I may give a try to a possible EU version if it ever happens).

First there's buying AC, on NA I would have to rely on gift cards, but on JP I can just buy AC directly from PSO2es. And second there's the urgent quest schedule, the JP schedule is far more friendly for the EU timezone than the NA one at the moment.

Then there's the higher monetization on NA, and for me both options have high ping anyway, no point in leaving all my progress on JP.

Not a chance in the seven heavens as long as this monetization stands, as i see it.

I mean, you and i are a bit of a particular case, being very long term fans who clearly care for Phantasy Star way more than Phantasy Star has cared for us so far, but not everyone feels the way we do.

Objectively speaking, there´s nearly no reasons for JP players to come play an outdated, over-monetized version of the game where they have to reobtain and re-purchase what they already have in JP at a higher price and oftentimes untradable.

Especially when PSO2NA is yet to prove itself and fulfill their claims and promises, and with the track-record of our past.

So i think that it will really depend, once again, on how fast and efficiently do the devs react to feedback.

You're right, it doesn't seem reasonable.

For some reason though, I'm still doing it. I have been on PSO2JP since launch and spent...quite a bit of real life money on it. And even more, my region is Japan lol, so even for the purposes of latency, it would make sense for me to stay.

I still want to play the English version though...I'm on the more extreme end, I imagine there might be many like me in lesser camps.

I play both versions and plan to play NA casually. But there is 0% chance I will drop JP as my main game after playing for 7 years. It's just not worth it dropping 16 THOUSAND hours of play to start over and have to pay thousands of dollars to get back stuff I bought for meseta on JP. I know some people like to start over and i'm sure they will join but people who don't aren't dropping the JP version.

For some reason though, I'm still doing it. I have been on PSO2JP since launch and spent...quite a bit of real life money on it. And even more, my region is Japan lol, so even for the purposes of latency, it would make sense for me to stay.

I still want to play the English version though...I'm on the more extreme end, I imagine there might be many like me in lesser camps.

Probably for the same reason that despite all the doom and gloom i am known for, i will do the same.

Because we know that even in the worst case scenario, where Sega and Microsoft are just milking us for cheap profits, PSO2 doing at least okay economically may mean that in the future we get more Phantasy Star games and a potential PSO3.

If PSO2 fails to even succeed as a cash-grab, it´s pretty much the end of Phantasy Star in the West.

And we are not about to let it passively happen.

At the very least, if the worst comes to pass and my doom and gloom proves true, no-one will be able to say we did not do our part lol

Probably for the same reason that despite all the doom and gloom i am known for, i will do the same.

Because we know that even in the worst case scenario, where Sega and Microsoft are just milking us for cheap profits, PSO2 doing at least okay economically may mean that in the future we get more Phantasy Star games and a potential PSO3.

If PSO2 fails to even succeed as a cash-grab, it´s pretty much the end of Phantasy Star in the West.

And we are not about to let it passively happen.

At the very least, if the worst comes to pass and my doom and gloom proves true, no-one will be able to say we did not do our part lol

I like that perspective.

I'll see you on the frontlines of this battle lol.

We can still have PSO2 JP players with us for the first year of the game. I just want to see PSO2 succeed globally so that Mother can control the world.

@Zarozian said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

We can still have PSO2 JP players with us for the first year of the game. I just want to see PSO2 succeed globally so that Mother can control the world.

Mother? Mother Brain? hqdefault.jpg

@SweetChilliHeat said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

@Zarozian said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

Mother? Mother Brain? hqdefault.jpg

Is this original PSO?

@Chiryuu2609 said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

Is this original PSO?

That is Phantasy Star II, the first Mega Drive / Genesis game.

Also worth noting that is also thought to be the optimum party of Rolf / Rudo / Amy / Anna. Personally I've always disagreed on account of how remarkably slow Amy is (what use is a healer if she heals after you're dead?) but that's the prevailing belief.

Edit - As for Mother Brain, that is the introduction of Mother Brain to the Phantasy Star series. MOTHER was mentioned in the story of Episode IV of Phantasy Star Online, and Mother Brain appeared in the "Ambition of the Illuminus" expansion to Universe and Episode 3 of its story as a boss whose music was a modernisation of the Phantasy Star II boss theme.

@Miraglyth said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

@Chiryuu2609 said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

Is this original PSO?

That is Phantasy Star II, the first Mega Drive / Genesis game.

Also worth noting that is also thought to be the optimum party of Rolf / Rudo / Amy / Anna. Personally I've always disagreed on account of how remarkably slow Amy is (what use is a healer if she heals after you're dead?) but that's the prevailing belief.

Edit - As for Mother Brain, that is the introduction of Mother Brain to the Phantasy Star series. MOTHER was mentioned in the story of Episode IV of Phantasy Star Online, and Mother Brain appeared in the "Ambition of the Illuminus" expansion to Universe and Episode 3 of its story as a boss whose music was a modernisation of the Phantasy Star II boss theme.

https://youtu.be/3MhWx9NOjmg

Oh wait wrong one. This is the one: https://youtu.be/P64WXJwvVbM

@SweetChilliHeat Let me know what you think. ;>

Oh wait wrong one. This is the one

I can imagine what that is, and it's good to know the tradition of musical homages continues in Phantasy Star, but I'll wait to hear it in-game if that's okay.