Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02

@Ragnawind and that's why I'm worried. Typically when the game crashes it's whenever the top left box appears and it tries to load the character. Sometimes I get a ghost sprite, and sometimes it crashes.

Haven't had the famous 12 chain crash yet, or the techter crash in mining yet.

@Zarozian said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

@Home-Dog said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

I think this is a severe overestimation of the influx of players that the PC release will bring. As Ragnawind stated, there will be room.

You underestimate PC players and their numbers.

alt text

Any PC player that is serious about playing PSO2, is already playing PSO2 on JP with the english patch. I sincerely doubt that the PC playerbase will even make a dent in the current population. Also, this game has virtually 0 advertisement outside of twitter announcements so...yeah.

@SalutexMO said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

Also, this game has virtually 0 advertisement outside of twitter announcements so...yeah.

Which is one of the reasons why EverQuest II didn't do as well as World of Warcraft. WoW had a lot more advertisements/etc. While EverQuest II basically just had a magazine insert, and a TV commercial that ran like twice.

I've been helping spread it by "Word of Mouth" through Final Fantasy XIV's party finder system and sometimes shouts in-game.

I think if I remeber correctly each block is 250 regular with 50 premium. If there are 60 blocks that means each ship can hold at least 18,000 players. Considering Alliance quarters and Personal Quarters still run off the block server. I think you guys will be fine. I am sure there has to be some thing we don't know because with 6 ships that would only be 108,000 players at a time it can take.

@ERICK001BC said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

I think if I remeber correctly each block is 250 regular with 50 premium. If there are 60 blocks that means each ship can hold at least 18,000 players. Considering Alliance quarters and Personal Quarters still run off the block server. I think you guys will be fine. I am sure there has to be some thing we don't know because with 6 ships that would only be 108,000 players at a time it can take.

iirc, the total potential players is about 60k if we add everyone from the forums, and all of the social networks.

@coldreactive With the 3 ships thats 54,000 for the 3 ships alone. This is not including the people already on. But because people come on at different times and leave the game on to b e idle it looks like opening the 3 other ships is a safe bet.

@coldreactive said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

@SalutexMO said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

Also, this game has virtually 0 advertisement outside of twitter announcements so...yeah.

Which is one of the reasons why EverQuest II didn't do as well as World of Warcraft. WoW had a lot more advertisements/etc. While EverQuest II basically just had a magazine insert, and a TV commercial that ran like twice.

I've been helping spread it by "Word of Mouth" through Final Fantasy XIV's party finder system and sometimes shouts in-game.

To be fair, despite it being one of my favorite game series, Phantasy star online has always been a niche title. I can't really blame sega or microsoft for having virtually zero faith in its success and not trying to waste money advertising.

@SalutexMO So we have to prove them wrong.

@ERICK001BC said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

I like your attitude old man.

@Zarozian said in Severe underestimation of the immense amount of players joining Ship 02:

I like your attitude old man.

Thank you you whipper snapper! Now get off my lawn!

and leave the game on to b e idle

And the game doesn't even have an auto-kick system for idle players.

@coldreactive Don't think they will considering how some people actually play like that. Some games use an active points mechanic. I seen it in this game too, but after a certain goal hasn't been met in a duration it does kick you. I think Jump force was like this.

Over its lifetime, the JP version reached a peak of 120k+ simultaneous players across 10 ships.

If the current 3 ships aren't enough, they can just lock character creation in the most populated ships forcing players to start on the least populated ones. And even if that isn't enough, there's still 3 more ships that can be turned online.

How? It's really up to the company to take that huge leap of faith with advertising to get the game out there in hopes that it'll attract new players. All we can do is utilize word of mouth, but that working is dubious for a game like this. It also doesn't help that there's barely any praise for this game out there to entice people who are unfamiliar with the game and that the only big "gaming" company that reviewed this game gave it a 7/10.

I honestly don't know why Microsoft bothered with sega to even release this game here. Games like this don't thrive here. Phill spencer must've been a very, very passionate PSO fan

@Ezodagrom Yep, and maybe Pioneer 3 might come back to help out. That is a good option, but just because someone made a character they don't technically have to be playing. i guess it would be like Gunz where it told you the sever was full, and to find a different one. But here that would mean all characters on the ship would have to be allowed to transfer ships without passes. I can only imagine how bad that would be during big events.