Regarding the character height restrictions

@Subject-Astra I've said it before that this isn't stopping me from playing the game. I'm still going to try it out. I just think it was a pointless change to make.

Exactly, this isn't going to stop people from making lolis and shotas or short characters in general. You really don't need to make your character 4ft when you still have enough creative liberty to work around the restriction.

That's what I think is dumb about the change. It really does nothing besides limit the character creator.

@Wiibu

Not about this topic, but you should probably just put your responses together in 1 message rather than having 4 separate messages.... Kinda spammy.

@Wiibu the character height isn't linked to or related to the ESRB Rating.

@Novaline Yeah. Sorry about that.

@John-Paul-RAGE That was the reasoning I was given when asking a GM.

@Wiibu that doesn't really make sense. If that were the case, players on Japan would have grown taller after their last update.

When I asked why we dropped to T on April 15th I did not get a response. Haven't gotten a response about when we are getting bumped back up to M.

Haven't gotten a response regarding the terms of service either, how the date is blank, some of the wording in it etc. The date is supposed to be there so it can be used as a reference for when the ToS is updated.

So many unknowns about certain details of this version.

@John-Paul-RAGE You realize that Japan's rating board and the ESRB are entirely different entities with different standards correct? It's rated M in Japan because of the microtransactions and simulated gambling. Typically localization teams are pretty good at their jobs. If Sega and Microsoft felt it was a necessary change to dodge an M rating, it probably was.

Hi everyone! I can see that emotions are flying here and there. As per my review, there are multiple comments that violated our CoC and we do not tolerate such behaviors. Please make sure that this thread stays civil. We will be strictly monitoring.

@GM-Sohee Thanks for trying to keep this civil. It wasn't my intention to start an insult war with this thread.

@AceSpider do you know where our rating came from? Do you know why it was M from February 7th until April 15th? Do you know why it is T now?

The massive difference is that PSO2 characters can and are (In JP) shaped and purposefully edited to look like and have the proportions of actual realistic young children, and equippted with lewd gear.

This is made even worse by the fact that overtime, they have added clothes, costumes and accessories that are worn, in real life, by youngsers, students and literal children, adding to the issue.

The Western SJW media would have a massive field trip with PSO2 if this was easy, ready and available in our version and it could literally spell the death and malignment of the series forever for it´s Western audience.

This may be both ridiculous and unfair but it is also very real and that kind of media and communities do sadly have a lot of power and say in today´s society and they do have the power to cause a lot of damage to a game´s reputation.

I am personally against the censorship for moral reasons and because of the slippery slope issue, but ultimately i can understand why it happened.

Everyone knows i am the first one in this forum to call PSO2NA for it´s misgivings and from an objectie point of view, i am upset at any and all censoring by default.

But i am also not blind to the reason and the fact they had little precious options if they wanted this game not to die before it had a chance to even live, and to not become the center of attention for all the wrong and potentially lethal reasons.

I dislike censorship, but I can understand why the change was made. Limiting the height was probably the easiest way to avoid having to deal with the fact that Western media would attack them for short characters in skimpy swim suits. Hopefully as time goes on the West will change a bit.

The ESRB thing doesn't really hold any water; just seems like damage control because more people noticed than they were anticipating IMO. I sincerely doubt the ESRB has different rules that come into play depending on if the character is over or under 5ft.

Most likely it was an internal decision at either the Microsoft or Sega western branch, because as we see from some people in this topic, xenophobia is a thing. So implementing this restriction may have seemed like a good idea at the time. But the fact that this is one of the most popular thread on this board makes me think otherwise; this game doesn't need to give itself any handicaps out of the gate, and fans of Japanese media are becoming increasingly sensitive and unaccepting of changes like this, and those same people are usually the people that 'whale' a game.

I have a female friend that is 4foot 2 and has the body build of a 13 year old and she is 40, when we were talking about the game she was saddened that she could not make a shot character like she could in JP, they way I see it no matter how the characters are made if they are a member of ARKs then they have to be of Legal age, and if they are going to keep the hight the way it is what are they going to do with the Mini outfits that make you into and actual Child, I would love to have this game in its entirety here in the NA but I sadly don’t see that happening

@IfrianMMO said in Regarding the character height restrictions:

The massive difference is that PSO2 characters can and are (In JP) shaped and purposefully edited to look like and have the proportions of actual realistic young children, and equippted with lewd gear.

This is made even worse by the fact that overtime, they have added clothes, costumes and accessories that are worn, in real life, by youngsers, students and literal children, adding to the issue.

The Western SJW media would have a massive field trip with PSO2 if this was easy, ready and available in our version and it could literally spell the death and malignment of the series forever for it´s Western audience.

This may be both ridiculous and unfair but it is also very real and that kind of media and communities do sadly have a lot of power and say in today´s society and they do have the power to cause a lot of damage to a game´s reputation.

I am personally against the censorship for moral reasons and because of the slippery slope issue, but ultimately i can understand why it happened.

Everyone knows i am the first one in this forum to call PSO2NA for it´s misgivings and from an objectie point of view, i am upset at any and all censoring by default.

But i am also not blind to the reason and the fact they had little precious options if they wanted this game not to die before it had a chance to even live, and to not become the center of attention for all the wrong and potentially lethal reasons.

100% this guy's post.