Class viability(summoner)

Hello everyone, I'm new to PSO2 although i played the original yeeears back im curious if summoner is a solid class currently and what the "meta" is. Regardless im still going to pick it but would just like eeryones opinion on the current meta

@hellyeahzzz said in Class viability(summoner):

Hello everyone, I'm new to PSO2 although i played the original yeeears back im curious if summoner is a solid class currently and what the "meta" is. Regardless im still going to pick it but would just like eeryones opinion on the current meta

Welcome. It is a solid and fun class to play. As for the meta are you referring to other classes or summoner/subclass skills meta setup? My opinion on the current meta, Ignore it tbh. Play the game to have fun and do what you enjoy. When you want to take things a little bit more serious invest in knowledge. Plenty on this forum about how to best setup summoner class etc.

The Meta on JP is to have Phantom, a Scion Class, as its sub-class, but that isn't released in NA's yet. I believe it's Hunter or Fighter currently. Mainly for the stances.

@hellyeahzzz Current meta on the NA server is Summoner main, Fighter sub. This thread has a guide that is very well done and has information for both the JPN and NA servers for your build.

While it is important to be able to have fun with your class choice, since this is a cooperative game when it comes to end-game content, it is always important to know how to best use your selected class so that you contribute to the greater goals of the group.

@hellyeahzzz

I play Summoner/Phantom in JP and it's pretty good. But it's also great if you play as Summoner/Techter if you're good enough. (I've seen some SuTe with insane skills)

The safest route is probably SuFi since Summoner class doesn't have JA to get a lot of boost from Hunter. That's just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. To be real honest, I'd say just go with what you think it's best for you, there's not much pressure needed in choosing the right class and min-maxing just because! Unless you're aiming for the best, that's a whole different story 😂

@coldreactive said in Class viability(summoner):

The Meta on JP is to have Phantom, a Scion Class, as its sub-class, but that isn't released in NA's yet. I believe it's Hunter or Fighter currently. Mainly for the stances.

I read it as premium is meta, but then realized you said Phantom. So you didn't think Hero was up there on tier?

@ERICK001BC said in Class viability(summoner):

@coldreactive said in Class viability(summoner):

I read it as premium is meta, but then realized you said Phantom. So you didn't think Hero was up there on tier?

Hero cannot be chosen as a sub-class, and cannot have sub-classes. It, like all Scion classes, requires two level 75 base classes before you can use them.

@coldreactive But I meant as meta for Just playing Hero not needing a subclass. I know a few friends that liked it though I wouldn't because I like variety.

@ERICK001BC said in Class viability(summoner):

@coldreactive But I meant as meta for Just playing Hero not needing a subclass. I know a few friends that liked it though I wouldn't because I like variety.

I didn't really play it, since I preferred how easy Etoile was to solo as.

@coldreactive

Yeah I never got the chance to try it and only saw the videos and the talk. Just didn't interest me. Though maybe you knew. Thank you though.