PC Download

For me, I click Start Game, a loading bar appears for a few seconds, then the launcher closes and nothing else happens. Game won't start. Anyne knows a fix for this?:(

@LoosedData34355 same issue for me but no fix 😞

@LoosedData34355 Possibly try Administrator? Task Manager to see if any other versions are running?

@LoosedData34355 mine just did this, went back and looked and it was uninstalled.

Maybe the dev team is pushing an update?

Didn't have to uninstall my game, though.;(

@Silushun its closed in task manager completly after i press start, so nothing is running in the back

Man...this is some bs for real, waited 8 years and woke up this early morning like a kid in Christmas just to have this happen to all of us.

https://youtu.be/9Uy98r70toY

quick tutorial that shows how to do it, hoping it will unlock you

pretty sure the launcher failing to do anything is because of the screwed up permissions. I couldn't even take ownership of some of the files to clean them up. I am actually going to have to wipe my game drive. thank god I generally don't install to the OS drive.

@MiyenHalo said in PC Download:

pretty sure the launcher failing to do anything is because of the screwed up permissions. I couldn't even take ownership of some of the files to clean them up. I am actually going to have to wipe my game drive. thank god I generally don't install to the OS drive.

I did everything manageble and after a while I simply gave up. But after a while the folder was just gone : /. Just give it a while if youve tried removing it through "add and remove programs".

Pso2 will launch on steam than will play it and support now

or fix the strong security folder of Pso2 pls

2 downloads later and a mass on error codes i heave never seen bevor in 2020 games sorry

heave playes on my old sega dreamcast was happy thy come out 2 pc after years of wating , than that , hope Sega fix it for all Europe Gamer here .

heave payed gears 5 from ms store and i can open install folder

Big Thx to American, non IP block, or geo block .

My Windows Os is Now Ms Windows 10 2004 today MSI x570 mpg carbon wifi mb lasted amd driver installed 3600x and up2date nvidia driver from today

What an absolute trainwreck of a launch. You had eight freaking years to smoothe everything out, and yet Sega still fails at delivering a proper Phantasy Star experience. Some things never change.

@Kattous I mean, at least you can say they're consistent?

Ok when i first tried to install it i wanted to install it on a back up drive.. wouldnt work... so i said screw it installed it on my main hd with windows..... now it works...dont know why just does

Some programs don't like Sega...🙃

another method if the first does not work is more or less the same.

if you have error 1813 which prevents you from patching: -quit the launcher, go to the game installation folder, by default: "C: \ Program Files \ ModifiableWindowsApps \ pso2_bin"

• right click on pso2.exe, security tab, advanced, assign the user "everyone" as the owner of the file.

-close the window, redo right-click on pso2.exe, security tab, modify the rights of "everyone" to full control, validate -do the same operations for the file otp_notice_na.rtf

• launch the game launcher, you should no longer have the error 1813, and the game will patch ... before landing on a new error which will tell you that vivoxsdk.dll is missing. do not panic, the file is present in the game folder. a few more manipulations and we're almost there ...

in your windows search bar, type "power shell", launch it as administrator. it opens a command line window on a blue background. copy and paste the following 3 commands:

cd "C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin"

Get-Acl pso2launcher.exe | Set-Acl pso2.exe

Get-Acl edition.txt | Set-Acl otp_notice_na.rtf

if there was no error message then you can launch the launcher and the game should run