PC Download

@Grave-Knight I think it is the same because of it using the XBL service, but it could be segregated in a less obvious way. When I played State of Decay on the PC versus the Xbox it seemed exactly the same.

@Grave-Knight said in PC Download:

Not that I know much about networks or anything, but doesn't the console and PC versions use different login servers? If so couldn't you just have the PC login server turned off?

Unfortunately, with Play Anywhere titles, they use the same log-in system on XBOX One and PC. We already know that we will have to log-in with our Microsoft account on PC, as well, which is what we use to login on XBOX One.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC Download:

@Grave-Knight I think it is the same because of it using the XBL service, but it could be segregated in a less obvious way. When I played State of Decay on the PC versus the Xbox it seemed exactly the same.

Are you referring to State of Decay 2. It seems State of Decay 2 is a Play Anywhere title and it does use the same system on PC and XBOX One..

@Ragnawind yup. It was the first play anywhere title I actually used on the PC. It was pretty cool switching back and forth from PC and Xbox on the fly.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC Download:

@munchmytacos well you need a PC to enter the Japanese version of the game (back when that happened) and Xbox version isn't released in Japan... so....

And a proper analogy would be you are only allowed to purchase 1 of a particular item at a time. You buy it, turn around and come in with a mustache. Buy it again. Then you come back with a hat. Buy it again.

The store catches on to you, bans you from the property, now you can't come back. The cops aren't involved because you didn't break any rules, you just ignored the store's policy for you to shop there.

Came here looking for a time frame of when we could download the game, hopefully by tomorrow. Stayed because reading this guys warped brain formed into words is hilarious to me 🙂 For real, they should put a preload up so, not only can we save stress on download time, those with slower download get to play as soon as possible.

@Grave-Knight said in PC Download:

Not that I know much about networks or anything, but doesn't the console and PC versions use different login servers? If so couldn't you just have the PC login server turned off?

Also the have all the Mac address of xbox so they could set the server to fail on any non xbox Mac .

For those that haven't noticed, yet, they have updated the maintenance post with today's update. It says you can start downloading the Windows 10 version from the Microsoft Store at 11PM PDT on May 26, 2020. In other words, the time I said it would likely begin, when maintenance starts:

"Phantasy Star Online 2 officially launches in North America on Windows 10 after this scheduled maintenance. Players will be able to download the game starting Tuesday, May 26th, at 11:00 PM (PDT)."

https://pso2.com/news/server-info/maintenance0526

What this means is there's just 6 hours to download the game. With it weighing in at 68.76 GB on the Microsoft Store page, we need a download speed of 3.2 megabytes (not megabits) per second to have any chance of playing from the start of PC launch. Preferably faster if the download isn't enabled immediately, maintenance finishes early or the install takes a while.

I know people who cannot get connections that fast, they're already locked out of the first hours of launch. I can't say I'm impressed, though if this does have anything to do with limitations of the Microsoft Store I suppose I can direct much of that disappointment toward Microsoft's lacking capability.

Hopefully it's more like a 30-40 GB download that unpacks to that size during install. That would help out a lot.

@Miraglyth said in PC Download:

What this means is there's just 6 hours to download the game. With it weighing in at 68.76 GB on the Microsoft Store page, we need a download speed of 3.2 megabytes (not megabits) per second to have any chance of playing from the start of PC launch. Preferably faster if the download isn't enabled immediately, maintenance finishes early or the install takes a while.

I know people who cannot get connections that fast, they're already locked out of the first hours of launch. I can't say I'm impressed, though if this does have anything to do with limitations of the Microsoft Store I suppose I can direct much of that disappointment toward Microsoft's lacking capability.

Hopefully it's more like a 30-40 GB download that unpacks to that size during install. That would help out a lot.

I can't even see it on the Microsoft page at the moment.

What this means is there's just 6 hours

Someone told me it was ending at 6 AM, not 5 AM. Which would be 7 hours instead. But I guess that changed?

@BoltonSquad said in PC Download:

I can't even see it on the Microsoft page at the moment.

Click here and if you need to on your browser refuse the attempt to switch your region. If needed log in and click the Get button.

Now in your Microsoft Store app, click the three-dots button in the upper right of the window and select My Library. It'll be listed there.

Unless there's a surprise (like they give us a separated app instead of extending the existing one to be Play Anywhere) this is where we'll be able to start downloading.

@coldreactive said in PC Download:

Someone told me it was ending at 6 AM, not 5 AM. Which would be 7 hours instead. But I guess that changed?

I don't know about changed. The website says Approximately 5:00 AM.

Unless there's a surprise (like they give us a separated app instead of extending the existing one to be Play Anywhere) this is where we'll be able to start downloading.

It is going to use the same listing, since it has been confirmed to be a Play Anywhere title already.

@Ragnawind said in PC Download:

It is going to use the same listing, since it has been confirmed to be a Play Anywhere title already.

It is? I must have missed that tweet, or was it in one of the press releases that Forbes et al published?

Sheesh, this is why the PC launch seriously needs to be announced on the website. It would give them a singular point of focus to put this kind of useful information.

Edit - Found it. Buried as a tweet reply last week. Really starting to understand why PC players are questioning the level of communication received so far.

@Ragnawind said in PC Download:

It is? I must have missed that tweet, or was it in one of the press releases that Forbes et al published?

Sheesh, this is why the PC launch seriously needs to be announced on the website. It would give them a singular point of focus to put this kind of useful information.

Edit - Found it. Buried as a tweet reply last week. Really starting to understand why PC players are questioning the level of communication received so far.

You can't link cache'd versions of google search results: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1262795620756017152

@coldreactive said in PC Download:

You can't link cache'd versions of google search results

I'd noticed and fixed it too. Didn't realise the "Copy link to Tweet" function didn't work while using a cached search result.

I'd like to point out that I wouldn't have had to have used a cached search result in the first place if the information wasn't buried so deep in Twitter replies that I couldn't even find it on Twitter.

I'd like to point out that I wouldn't have had to have used a cached search result in the first place if the information wasn't buried so deep in Twitter replies that I couldn't even find it on Twitter.

There's an issue where tweets that are part of a thread may not appear in "Tweets and Replies" if the thread is too long/etc.