PC Download

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC Download:

@munchmytacos it is not qualified as a hack in any way, shape, or form.

It was a design flaw that allowed it to be exploited. The users still had to spend money for the exploit. There was no bypass, no penetration, no injection, nothing.

I guess on a cell phone you would also consider changing your date to get your lives back on Candy Crush as "hacking".

The terms are important. The differences are important.

if your example is correct then if i buy a pack of gum and take a whole cart of food it's not theft because i exploited the lack of security at a u-scan. changing the time isn't equal. you're upset that i'm calling a spade a spade.

@munchmytacos said in PC Download:

It was a design flaw that allowed it to be exploited. The users still had to spend money for the exploit. There was no bypass, no penetration, no injection, nothing.

I guess on a cell phone you would also consider changing your date to get your lives back on Candy Crush as "hacking".

if your example is correct then if i buy a pack of gum and take a whole cart of food it's not theft because i exploited the lack of security at a u-scan. changing the time isn't equal. you're upset that i'm calling a spade a spade.

Your analogy makes no sense. Basically, the people who got those extra AC tickets got them through the exploit by paying $1 for codes to get them. However, within the day, it was detected and all accounts that redeemed a code more than once were banned and it was set to ban them automatically until the issue was resolved, whether it was malicious or not. These items that were exploited were then removed from ALL account that did the exploit. One thing to note, however, is that no one actually used anything to gain access to the system, which is a requirement to qualify as a hack.

@munchmytacos That is not equivalent in any way, shape, or form.

Your logic is clouded by prejudice. Nothing was stolen, no law was broken, just exploited due to a design flaw.

Besides, let us not forget that the DDOS that occurred on the JP servers by foreigners wasn't done by Xbox users...

Should we use that as a basis to say that all PC users are horrible scoundrels who relish in causing misery of others?

@Ragnawind said in PC Download:

@munchmytacos said in PC Download:

Your analogy makes no sense. Basically, the people who got those extra AC tickets got them through the exploit by paying $1 for codes to get them. However, within the day, it was detected and all accounts that redeemed a code more than once were banned and it was set to ban them automatically until the issue was resolved, whether it was malicious or not. These items that were exploited were then removed from ALL account that did the exploit. One thing to note, however, is that no one actually used anything to gain access to the system, which is a requirement to qualify as a hack.

They used an xbox to access it.

IP has value and was taken. thats why they were banned. in my analogy the theif getting arrested doesn't change the nature of the crime either. petty theft is between $300-$500 on average so banning is the same as baring a minor theif from your store. they are exploits as a tool to a higher crime.

@munchmytacos That is not equivalent in any way, shape, or form.

Your logic is clouded by prejudice. Nothing was stolen, no law was broken, just exploited due to a design flaw.

Besides, let us not forget that the DDOS that occurred on the JP servers by foreigners wasn't done by Xbox users...

Should we use that as a basis to say that all PC users are horrible scoundrels who relish in causing misery of others?

prove they weren't xbox players.

@munchmytacos well you need a PC to enter the Japanese version of the game (back when that happened) and Xbox version isn't released in Japan... so....

And a proper analogy would be you are only allowed to purchase 1 of a particular item at a time. You buy it, turn around and come in with a mustache. Buy it again. Then you come back with a hat. Buy it again.

The store catches on to you, bans you from the property, now you can't come back. The cops aren't involved because you didn't break any rules, you just ignored the store's policy for you to shop there.

@munchmytacos outta curiosity, did you delete your coronavirus remark or did it get deleted by a moderator?

Wow ... just wow ... More Hyperbole, more trolling, more deception, more PC versus Console garbage.

CAN YOU GUYS ACT LIKE A FREAKIN COMMUNITY FOR ONCE!?!?

• /Sigh/ like I said before in another thread, I'm dumping all PSO2 forums (here, reddit, etc.) for a year once the game releases, the negativity is unreal these days.

@Likaizam all communities have bad elements. We are just seeing many occurrences currently due to the lack of things to occupy time.

Once the game is released and Windows along with more challenging content, the focus should shift more towards overcoming those challenges instead.

Of course there will still be complaining regarding AC items and meseta prices, but those will be easier to filter out.

I played PSU on the PC and the market was destroyed in months with all the hacked meseta that inflated the prices of everything, My brother played the 360 version and would laugh when we compared the price of stuff on each version.. Playing PSO2 on the xbox is probably the least cheated/hacked/abused online phantasy star game I have played to date.

@Likaizam said in PC Download:

Wow ... just wow ... More Hyperbole, more trolling, more deception, more PC versus Console garbage.

CAN YOU GUYS ACT LIKE A FREAKIN COMMUNITY FOR ONCE!?!?

• /Sigh/ like I said before in another thread, I'm dumping all PSO2 forums (here, reddit, etc.) for a year once the game releases, the negativity is unreal these days.

Come now its not THAT bad just yet. Though it is worse than when the game was still in closed beta on here lol

Why did this thread derail? Isn't the topic about "PC Download?"

@Eye-ce troll came in and said Xbox players are worse than the coronavirus.

Wouldn't really matter for me personally as I have a really fast connection but can understand player's with slow connection wanting to pre-download.

It's definitely possible, I know Minecraft Dungeons has just come on the store for pre-download.

@BoltonSquad said in PC Download:

It's definitely possible, I know Minecraft Dungeons has just come on the store for pre-download.

It looks like that is a pre-load for all forms of that game. That is likely why it is a pre-load, since it is XBOX and PC simultaneously and they are the first platforms getting it. This game is a different situation, though. The problem with this game is that it is a Play Anywhere title, which means the files downloaded to Windows 10 are the same files downloaded to XBOX One. This means that in order to have a pre-load, they would have to make a separate listing for the Windows 10 version and not have it be a Play Anywhere title, or take the XBOX Version down while letting people pre-load on Windows. All Play Anywhere titles use the same listing on the Microsoft Store and that Minecraft Dungeons you mentioned is NOT a Play Anywhere title.

Not that I know much about networks or anything, but doesn't the console and PC versions use different login servers? If so couldn't you just have the PC login server turned off?