PC Download

@ERICK001BC said in PC Download:

@munchmytacos said in PC Download:

I just find xbox players to be worse then the corona virus.

Ouch. I mean I get it, sometimes it's really bad. But unfortunately that can't be helped when none of the ships are going to be segregated. Whatever ship you are on know that anyone can join it.

Well while not technically segregated buy only opening 3 ships during all the beta and only letting xbox on those then if the open 4-6 we'll get a mostly segregated community as a bonus. Look at NYC or Chicago for examples.

I wasn't able to tell if you are for segregation or not.

I am going to hope you aren't.

Forced segregation no. I think it's actually bad forced or not. I just don't see the xbox players trying to mingle with the rest. PC, PS4, and Switch players are more flexible and will try to intermingle. But with the massive favoritism xbox got with PSU and have had during this PSO2 release plus the rampid cheating already present on the beta it might be best to socially distance.

I think that may be a bit generalizing. I mean I am currently playing on Xbox. I don't pick favoritism. I used to love playing everything on Nintendo but now I vary on it. I was big on PC but can't afford a good one and to keep updating and running it at best possibility. I used to have Sony, still have my ps2. I don't think what console you play on really matters or dictates the type of player you associate yourself with. I think if anything you need to find a more open style to try and get different views on playing. Maybe branch out more and see if you can find those worth playing with.

I guess my no cheating , no violating laws, no harassment style of play is a bit to rigid.

@munchmytacos I am not getting into this debate, I am waiting on PC and don't own an Xbox, but cheating? what are they cheating on?

@KuroSona said in PC Download:

@munchmytacos I am not getting into this debate, I am waiting on PC and don't own an Xbox, but cheating? what are they cheating on?

biggest is the ac scratch hack.

@munchmytacos They can hack that? sorry for not using the reply function/quote because it doesn't show what I type. But to be able to hack cash stuff... isn't good

Yes they had to take the scratch down to fix it and that's not counting the massive number of bans for abusive behavour or naked pictures

@KuroSona said in PC Download:

biggest is the ac scratch hack.

I just did a quick lookup and I didn't see anyone posting anything (obviously) but I honestly hope if you are aware of it and know people doing them that you are reporting them, taking evidence, and opening a support.

Yes they had to take the scratch down to fix it and that's not counting the massive number of bans for abusive behavour or naked pictures

Yeah, you do know that a lot of people where not aware of that. Most of those that did, where ban/punished for it. But if players are being banned that is a good thing because then they are removed from the community. ALL GAMES have toxic players, ALL consoles, LIFE has it. (Wasn't making a pun but I mean if you play Monopoly with strangers, someone is always going to try and cheat.)

Yeah, you do know that a lot of people where not aware of that. Most of those that did, where ban/punished for it. But if players are being banned that is a good thing because then they are removed from the community. ALL GAMES have toxic players, ALL consoles, LIFE has it. (Wasn't making a pun but I mean if you play Monopoly with strangers, someone is always going to try and cheat.)

I see let me reword this People take drugs everywhere so I should hang out in the drug dealers house and report them rather then just staying where theres less danger and reporting the ones that stanger over to rob me.

@munchmytacos

????

Anyways: Tip for anyone, If you happen to walk by a house, see or suspect a drug deal get yourself to a safe distance & Call the Cops.

@munchmytacos AC Scratch hack? You seem to misunderstand what happened. That was an issue with the Game Pass Ultimate perks, it was a design flaw that allowed multiple codes to be redeemed on the same account. Not even close to being a hack.

The primary source of hacks, exploits, and "cheating" comes from PCs. You are pretty limited on what you can do on a console when it comes to modifying anything, especially the current generation of consoles.

There will be absolutely no difference between who is on Xbox versus who is on PC once the game is out on both. The only way there will be any kind of "segregation" will be if people go around intentionally asking what platform each other is on. There is no reason for that in any capacity unless trolling.

Comparing consoles to of one particular system to a global pandemic just reveals that you have are prejudiced against Xbox players for some reason of your own crafting. You are just looking for reasons to validate being prejudiced. The fact of the matter is that there is no good reason for prejudice, it is a personality flaw and a detriment to social cohesiveness.

The AC scratch ticket thing was definitely not a hack. Also, when the issues were resolved with that (and after all users affected by it were banned for a week whether using the exploit purposely or not), all extra AC scratch tickets were taken from everyone that got more than they were supposed to. The only exception are those that used them all before the problem was identified and people got auto-banned.

exploits of computerized systems are hacks

no, they are not. Exploits are exploits. Hacks are the malicious attempt at modifying data on a computer system. In the case of games, it is to secure an advantage purposely and not have it taken away. Put simply: Exploiting is to take advantage of something (such as abusing a bug/glitch to gain whatever). Hacking is gaining access to data and collecting or modifying it directly.

@Ragnawind said in PC Download:

no, they are not. Exploits are exploits. Hacks are the malicious attempt at modifying data on a computer system. In the case of games, it is to secure an advantage purposely and not have it taken away.

redefining the term doesn't change that exploits are hacks. call a tomatoes acidic and it's still a fruit.

oh and by your new def an exploit is absolutely a hack and they are using the exploit to change the data to give them extra.

@munchmytacos it is not qualified as a hack in any way, shape, or form.

It was a design flaw that allowed it to be exploited. The users still had to spend money for the exploit. There was no bypass, no penetration, no injection, nothing.

I guess on a cell phone you would also consider changing your date to get your lives back on Candy Crush as "hacking".

The terms are important. The differences are important.