PC Download

When will the PC download be available to be done before Tuesday May 26 2020?

I am merely asking because I really don't want to see what happened to Fallout 76 launch happen to this game. I have been checking the windows store every day since they announced and I am sure that other PC players would like to go ahead and get the game installed, even if we aren't able to login to the server yet.

I honestly hope we don't see what we saw in Closed Beta for Xbox One for PSO2. Where they had too few servers, underestimating demand. They should consider opening ships 4-6 at least. Plus, some PC players won't want to join a server with such awkward economies.

I hear you coldreactive. I would love to start on a new ship and I'm bringing quite a few of my buddies with me. We will figure out what ship we will join depending on if we can get on that day. (that being if we have to download and install same day that they open the servers up.)

On a side note, the site still shows coming soon to windows 10. Perhaps they should update that lol.

I hope there’s at least 1 new ship

No one knows when you will be able to download, but it likely won't be until Tuesday (Monday at the earliest). The reason being that the game uses the exact same servers XBOX does and the servers are already live. They might not even release the download until Maintenance starts, which should be 11PM PDT as usual on Tuesday night.

@coldreactive said in PC Download:

I honestly hope we don't see what we saw in Closed Beta for Xbox One for PSO2. Where they had too few servers, underestimating demand. They should consider opening ships 4-6 at least. Plus, some PC players won't want to join a server with such awkward economies.

They can expect 100 times the amount of people they saw from Xbox on launch.

@Zarozian if we used the social media network as a reference then that is very very unlikely.

The forum activity hasn't even grown that much since the launch news. They won't arbitrarily make a decision based on a few users speaking for this vast majority that hasn't shown itself on any social websites.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC Download:

The firum activity hasn't even grown that much since the launch news.

For many, people want to stay blind to the content that they've never had a chance to play because they didn't want to deal with installing the Japanese version. So they lurk and/or avoid the forums, but know it exists.

There are 13636 registered users on this forum however.

@coldreactive I am sure there are many that will join and we will need another ship or two, but even the twitter hasn't grown much more yet (hoping it will explode by Tuesday).

My only point is that the few people saying we need more ships isn't necessarily justified to those who make the decisions if they are using metrics as a determination.

They clearly were very reactive on CBT launch and got steamrolled because of it. I just hope the incoming users demonstrate their intention to play before the day comes so we can avoid the crap show.

@John-Paul-RAGE users might not have grown much but since the beginning every post they've made, 90% of the comments are "PC when?" (Twitter) Obviously it'll be the bigger playerbase but 100x more as mentioned above, definitely not lol.

Also, we're 2 days past the announcement, and 5 from release, and other than digging through the Twitter tracker, the main page still doesn't even mention it or show the image they used on Twitter. It's like they're still forbidden to promote PC lol. Crazy.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE might as well ask Hootsuite, they know when the information will be released lmao.

Still haven't come to understand who decided the way information should flow, but it is definitely strange to let external sources make your announcements before the official source even does.

You guys worry too much. They will open the other 3 servers.

@John-Paul-RAGE Hootsuite is the application used by ESTsoft for social media management...

I sincerely hope that you don't leave the download until the launch day.