Do Guys Make Better Looking Female Characters Than Girls?

It's time to find out for sure through discussion and showing off one's character.

This is one made by me because I remembered that in one part of the story we needed an AI assistant and we had to design their appearance: alt text

From people talking about how limited male fashion decisions are compare with the female ones I would have thought it would have been the other way around (selecting female in character select makes better male characters).

@Nersius said in Do Guys Make Better Looking Female Characters Than Girls?:

From people talking about how limited male fashion decisions are compare with the female ones I would have thought it would have been the other way around (selecting female in character select makes better male characters).

That's weird. Never heard of people doing that. o -o

What girls? There are like 5 playing this game lol.

"Better" is entirely subjective. Being able to design a character is not determined by your gender or sex, but people typically design characters that appeal to their own sense of aesthetic or interests rather than appealing to others.

@Duchess-May said in Do Guys Make Better Looking Female Characters Than Girls?:

What girls? There are like 5 playing this game lol.

True. v .v

I think other than it being preservative per person.

The fact by numbers that more males are making more female characters then one could say by sheer mathematics that the answer would be yes.

But quantity doesn't necessarily mean quality.

Also Maybe it has to do with Guys knowing what they want a girl to look like? I am not sure I never thought of it this way, I don't really think it matters anyways.

@ERICK001BC

It's completely perspective and opinionated. You can take gender out of the equation, really.

This topic is really cringe, it's purely opinionated and personal bias. Therefore it can't fairly be answered.

@Novaline I agree, I am just saying in general, There are tons of more Female Characters than there are male. So the question would fall apart if as the main post Gender was not added to the equation. But I don't think much of characters as, that's is what most of them are; just characters.

It seems a bit subjective, I think! Peoples' tastes and preferences vary, and so their answers too would also vary, regardless of who designed the characters! Nice looking character though!

There might actually be some truth to the statement if you think about it from a psychological perspective, and I'll do my best to elaborate.

Heterosexual Men make their characters exclusively through that of the male gaze, and that essentially allows them to portray their personal fantasy of the "perfect" woman on to their avatars. While this can definitely vary from man to man, there's a general level of appeal on the wider scale that will be noticed in trends due to this universal truth.

Heterosexual women however wouldn't have the exact same perspective as they do not lust for women in the same way a heterosexual man might, and so they might make their characters either in the vision of themselves, or portray their fantasies of what they in particular would like about their own perfect self. This obviously is not always going to align with the wider male fantasy of the perfect woman.

None of this argument accounts for people who just like to make completely alien or absurd looking characters with no intention of making them attractive, of course lol.

@Zipzo said in Do Guys Make Better Looking Female Characters Than Girls?:

There might actually be some truth to the statement if you think about it from a psychological perspective, and I'll do my best to elaborate.

Heterosexual Men make their characters exclusively through that of the male gaze, and that essentially allows them to portray their personal fantasy of the "perfect" woman on to their avatars. While this can definitely vary from man to man, there's a general level of appeal on the wider scale that will be noticed in trends due to this universal truth.

Heterosexual women however wouldn't have the exact same perspective as they do not lust for women in the same way a heterosexual man might, and so they might make their characters either in the vision of themselves, or portray their fantasies of what they in particular would like about their own perfect self. This obviously is not always going to align with the wider male fantasy of the perfect woman.

None of this argument accounts for people who just like to make completely alien or absurd looking characters with no intention of making them attractive, of course lol.

It's funny you should say that since a majority of the top brand of fashion and clothing for women are designed by men. Like Christian Louboutin's or Victoria's secret.

Sounds like you read Desmon Morris's the Naked Ape. (Very Good read if anyone is interested about a zooologist looking at humans as he does any other animal in the wild.)

But it does touch on the factor that makeup and a lot of males are responsible for what is acceptable and high fashion. Not touching the male masculinity verb in fe"male" language.

@ERICK001BC said in Do Guys Make Better Looking Female Characters Than Girls?:

Sounds like you read Desmon Morris's the Naked Ape. (Very Good read if anyone is interested about a zooologist looking at humans as he does any other animal in the wild.)

But it does touch on the factor that makeup and a lot of males are responsible for what is acceptable and high fashion. Not touching the male masculinity verb in fe"male" language.

You seem fun to talk to. If you join ship 02 we could Google at some traps together. o 3o

@Zarozian said in Do Guys Make Better Looking Female Characters Than Girls?:

@ERICK001BC said in Do Guys Make Better Looking Female Characters Than Girls?:

You seem fun to talk to. If you join ship 02 we could Google at some traps together. o 3o

Thank you, I think I'll stay on ship 1. I am an old man and I don't think I have the stamina to move all my character stuff to a new ship. It is what it is.

As for traps, I do like reverse traps, Example Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening. (Tomboys are cool to.) But I am more into the shy girl type or the sociopath.