Redistribute the CBT rewards for those who earned them.

So long story short, I earned these rewards but due to an injury I suffered to my chest I was unable to play this game or any other game for a bit. I logged in recently to find my rewards are expired so all the ones I earned from completing the challenges I cannot even get cause for some stupid reason they have that expire.

I contacted support and they weren't much help. This is really silly. If I earned the rewards I deserve to have them, and they shouldn't be expiring in the first place.

Destribute this to people who earned them. There's literally no reason to not give me what I have earned.

I wish Guild Wars 2 and The Elder Scrolls Online would redistribute our CBT Rewards too. But they won't. Since they clearly said they were one-use/etc. Since the rewards had a timer, you were notified on how long you had to redeem them, much like my GW2/TESO examples.

@coldreactive said in Redistribute the CBT rewards for those who earned them.:

I wish Guild Wars 2 and The Elder Scrolls Online would redistribute our CBT Rewards too. But they won't. Since they clearly said they were one-use/etc. Since the rewards had a timer, you were notified on how long you had to redeem them, much like my GW2/TESO examples.

And in FFXIV and TERA Online you get to keep your CBT rewards even if you don't login right when they ask.

Maybe be more like those two in this regard than the ones you listed.

For the most part Priorities. Hope you are feeling better. I missed out on the challenges due to High Work volume because of the outbreak. You really din;t miss much other than the sega saturn mag evolution. The photon rings are still buyable though a little pricey. They did say that there where expiration dates on them though if I remember correctly. Could have been worse, you could have missed out on Excalibur Prime (Warframe Founders.) I am sure eventually they may re release some of those items.

Hey this is the only thread I've found on this topic, I'm in the same boat as you Akako! I participated in the CBT and met all the criteria for the rewards upon launch. However, I too wasn't able to log in for a while until just this week and I realized my rewards had expired. I totally understand if that's just how it is and I can't get them, but would sending in a ticket work? I at least want the dreamcast mag, I was really looking forward to having it but if not, live and learn I suppose.

@Sommeh said in Redistribute the CBT rewards for those who earned them.:

Hey this is the only thread I've found on this topic, I'm in the same boat as you Akako! I participated in the CBT and met all the criteria for the rewards upon launch. However, I too wasn't able to log in for a while until just this week and I realized my rewards had expired. I totally understand if that's just how it is and I can't get them, but would sending in a ticket work? I at least want the dreamcast mag, I was really looking forward to having it but if not, live and learn I suppose.

It wouldn't hurt to try. They may say the same response they have been saying to everyone, but you don't lose anything from trying.

@ERICK001BC Thanks for the quick reply Eric! I went ahead and sent in a ticket just to be sure, gonna keep my fingers crossed! I'll report back to this thread with their response and hopefully it'll help anyone with similar problems to Akako and I.

@Sommeh Oh no problem. I am always on the forum from 9PM-6AM. I am technically working at my job but I am able to be on the forum on the side because I have a few minutes between samples and cases. So I try and help as much as I can. I hope you get lucky and if not, I am sure it may come back again. We can only hope for the best and expect the worse.

@Sommeh

Any luck with the support ticket? I'm waiting for a response from support.

Also - I'm not seeing anything related to an expiration date when looking through PSO2 announcements or twitter. https://pso2.com/news/announcements/cbtrewardsday doesn't state anything.

No luck here. They don't care.

@Akakomuma It may not be that they don't care but more that with the release and all the problems that have risen, they are extremely busy.

I'm not going to play if I don't get what I earned from the test. I get irrationally upset just by logging in. I've been waiting for a response from support but I already banked on them saying no so I started playing a different mmo 😕

Count me in on the people that played the CBT on Xbox and completed the 4 necessary Urgent Quests for the Dreamcast mag. Unfortunately I was not able to play again until the game officially released on PC and now the rewards are nowhere to be found. If they really put an expiration date on them then that is super disappointing. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you have to login on Xbox to claim the rewards which would also be a shame because I no longer have one.