All Class Weapons

Is it possible to use PA on All Class Weapons? I'm a Gunner/Ranger but acquired All Class Jet Boots but when I set a PA it's shadowed out. Are there PAs you can use or are they all blocked? If so, what was the point of making them All Class Weapons if you couldn't use PAs with them?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2ankuv/cross_class_weapons/

You can't use the Photon Arts of that weapon type unless you currently are the class or subclass that uses that weapon. Meaning that you can't use any Bulletbow Photon Arts unless you were a Main or Subclass Braver. And, sadly, a lot of the time they're not as good as most of the other weapons of that type. Like that Alteri is alright, but it pales in comparison to Bulletbows of even lesser rarity. (8* Alteri getting 301 R-atk at +10 but the 7* Longbow gets up to 381 at +10)

@Mavrickjubei From looking at one of the old wiki websites, there used to be all class weapons that enabled the use of some photon arts as well, but I don't know if that will be a thing anymore.

One use of an All Class weapon is being able to use it for leveling purposes. An example is the assault rifle Avenger. It boosts steady shot damage and is all class, so after I leveled my Ranger I used it as a subclass to level all my other classes faster. Even melee classes, lol. Took the lazy route.

Basically all class weapons, as John Paul said, are used to level up the very first handful of levels if you're lazy, until you get a good drop that's meant for your class.

@coldreactive said in All Class Weapons:

Basically all class weapons, as John Paul said, are used to level up the very first handful of levels if you're lazy, until you get a good drop that's meant for your class.

Alternatively, you may also hate the gameplay of a class you feel compelled to level due to stat bonuses, and prefer to use the weapon you are more accustomed to using while leveling it as a main class, with your preferred weapon-using class in the sub.

@Zipzo said in All Class Weapons:

with your preferred weapon-using class in the sub.

Just keep in mind that the main class dictates what you can/can't use. A hunter, for instance, cannot use techs even if you have techer or force as sub.

Just keep in mind that the main class dictates what you can/can't use. A hunter, for instance, cannot use techs even if you have techer or force as sub.

Umm, you are incorrect on that. Having a Tech-using class as your sub allows you to use Techs even if the main class normally cannot.

@AndrlCh said in All Class Weapons:

Umm, you are incorrect on that. Having a Tech-using class as your sub allows you to use Techs even if the main class normally cannot.

I wish photon arts worked that way. (They don't, btw.)

@AndrlCh said in All Class Weapons:

I wish photon arts worked that way. (They don't, btw.)

Yes, they do, as long as your subclass matches the weapon being used; the original quote you posted in this very thread even mentions that. That is how you get to have builds like the old Te/Br where you would use Chase and Banish on a Rikauteri to then do burst damage with matching element techs, or all the Fi/Bo builds that used nothing but crafted Dual Blades/Soaring Blades.

If you want to use the all class jet boots PAs play as Gu/Bo or Ra/Bo

@Zipzo said in All Class Weapons:

with your preferred weapon-using class in the sub.

This is false. A hu/fo or hu/te can indeed use techs.

Similarly, if you're using a hu-equippable or all class double saber, a hu/fi can use a double saber (if that's the weapon you're so used to using).

You learn something new every day, don't ya? 🙂

In my knowledge, Photon Arts is usable only if you have a Main or Sub Class that can specifically use those Photon Arts. Meaning you need to have a sub Bouncer to use the Jet Boots PA.

The same applied to Techniques, as every class can use Techs if they have a sub that can use it like Fo/Te/Bo and future Scion Classes that can be equipped as Sub.