PSO2 Anime

Hey, as it is known. There's a PSO2 anime that has been out for a long time now. I've seen it, but figured discussing it.

I don't think it does justice to the Franchise but more to the game itself, felt like a marketing plot twist.

Am I the only one who had this off-vibe from it?

Let me know what you think!

I'm surprised no one made a topic for it until you did a hour or 2 ago. (Unless it's somewhere lost in the pages of the General Discussion, too lazy for a 'search'.)

It's a good Anime, it showed the essentials pretty well. Would have expected a bit more of Amduscia and a glance of Harkotan. But it's understandable why they didn't.

The soundtrack is good. Especially love the "Brave Soldier" & "Council of Six" tracks. Oracle's "Mothership" version is done exceptionally well.

The only thing that kinda bugs me is that they didn't do Persona much justice, the fight between him and Ash was pretty lackluster and they should have shown us a bit more of Persona's timeline. I guess there was no time for it, I assume they only had 25 episodes to get the job done.

Overall a good Anime.

The best thing the Anime did, washing away the awful stench from PSO2 2016's Anime.

EDIT: Thought the topic was dedicated to the Oracle Anime, not the 2016 Anime.

@ErinXh said in PSO2 Anime:

I'm surprised no one made a topic for it until you did a hour or 2 ago. (Unless it's somewhere hidden, too lazy for a 'search'.)

Aye, sorry I was late to join the Party. Hadn't realized I could just use my Microsoft account to log in, I'm of those waiting on PC release.

As for else you said. I think it was well done as well. Music and animation were well done. I have sort of a vibe of the Blade & Soul anime with visuals.

I agree it's a good one. I just would not place it among the greatest hit.

Would recommend players to watch it.

My favorite scene,

Oi, Regius. Don't tell me you think it's all for the preservation of ARKS after seeing this. Actually, don't you dare say it.

if you do...

...I'll slaughter you!

You know shit ain't funny no longer when Huey gets serious. And with 'Council of Six' playing in the background, giving the scene that extra 'oomph!'

The amount of gore throughout the Anime did pleasantly surprise me, I was expecting a little to no blood at all. Kudos they went for it. (Sure it's not the most gruesome I have ever seen in an Anime, I just wasn't expecting it.)

EDIT: Thought the topic was dedicated to the Oracle Anime, not the 2016 Anime.

I watched it a bit. I kept wondering what game they were playing as I've played PSO2 and that's nothing like PSO2. The Characters are even worse in game. Plus Gunslash will never be good.

Is there a dub or any idea if there will be considering it's popularity now?

Actually just to be clear that we are on the same page... @Pulptenks , you referring to:

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2: THE ANIMATION

Or

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2: EPISODE ORACLE

The latter is known to do the game a bit more justice due to it being a retelling of the game's plot.

@ErinXh , Episode Oracle's definitely had some awesome background music though I dunno which is which since I dont have the original soundtrack.

I did not even knew there was more then one then one to be fair. Whichever was with Soro.

Ahh there we go @Pulptenks , yeah you watched the old anime which everyone agrees didn't live up to the game while @ErinXh is talking about the other anime which was MUCH better! Hope that clears things up!

I'm assuming this is the one you watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPoI0D1pF1o

While this is the one some people think you are talking about in here ^^; : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBW3jRIsYrQ

@Leonkh99 Yeah lol, I thought for sure @Pulptenks dedicated this topic to Oracle Anime, instead of the 2016 Anime. My own assumption betrayed me.

I don't wanna bash on the 2016 version anymore than what I already mentioned about it in my first post.

Some people indeed do love it, (And they have absolutely the right to.) I on the other hand am trying to forget its existence.

No worries! @ErinXh , just felt that a lot of people jumped to assumption as to which anime and felt like clearing things up in case there was a confusion! ^^;

As for the 2016 anime... I still haven't watched it though I plan to at some point if only to judge it on my own merits! xD

On another note, judging from how you spoke of the soundtrack, im assuming you have it somehow? (The one for Episode Oracle)

@Leonkh99 There should come a rule! When we talk about "PSO2 Anime", we should only talk about Oracle Anime! (Even though the title "PSO2 Anime" is a bit more truthful to PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2: THE ANIMATION than PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2: EPISODE ORACLE.) Ah, just joking around people. Love which ever Anime version thou want to.

Yes, I do have the soundtrack from the Oracle anime, digital. Both volumes to be exact. (I actually have the soundtrack from the 2016 Anime as well, It's pretty good.)

@ErinXh , thats awesome! I wish I could get the soundtracks but... importing is unfortunately not much of an option. ^^;

By any chance do you at least know the name of this one particular track... it is used often but I remember it more as the theme for "the one cool thing Sue before she gets 'ahead' of herself". And of course, the theme that plays when Persona first appears in Episode 1 (of the anime).

@Leonkh99 said in PSO2 Anime:

I'm assuming this is the one you watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPoI0D1pF1o

That is correct.

@ErinXh said in PSO2 Anime:

(Even though the title "PSO2 Anime" is a bit more truthful to PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2: THE ANIMATION than PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2: EPISODE ORACLE.)

That's more that I did not know there was a newer one, truth be said. I know you're jesting around but I don't see the malice. 😝