Happy for PC release, But where is the content?

@Ash-Lv1 said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

I still see tons of translation errors and inconsistencies like I first saw them in day one, been reporting these and I see zero fix. There is zero communication (not the GM team here, I understand they r doing their jobs, but when is last time u see any feed back from the dev team?).

Sorry about that, we are doing our best to relay as much information to the dev team to fix errors such us these. I will be asking for more patience and understanding. Just want to let you know that we aren't ignoring the effort you guys made in order to report such errors. Again thank you 🙏

@GM-Phantasma said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

@Ash-Lv1 said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

I still see tons of translation errors and inconsistencies like I first saw them in day one, been reporting these and I see zero fix. There is zero communication (not the GM team here, I understand they r doing their jobs, but when is last time u see any feed back from the dev team?).

Sorry about that, we are doing our best to relay as much information to the dev team to fix errors such us these. I will be asking for more patience and understanding. Just want to let you know that we aren't ignoring the effort you guys made in order to report such errors. Again thank you 🙏

@GM-Phantasma If you are willing to help us answer this: Will we see Ship 4 - 6 right away during the PC launch? Or are we stuck with 1 - 3?

@LapisWave Oh, sorry to say but future contents/updates aren't allowed to be disclose until announced officially. Please understand 🙏. We can only ask the players to check the NEWS section of the website every now and then.

However, big updates can be overwhelming to the point that other players (who are new to the game) will miss to learn certain features because of this. Yes, I know that many players actually played JP and they already know how the game works. However, there is still players who aren't very familiar with PSO2.

But that does not really make any sense, does it?

Every single day, new people join PSO2 in JP and manage just fine, and as you seem well versed in JP-PSO2 EP-6, surely you know that there are some features and mechanics to help new players in EP-6 that we do not have.

I am not talking of veterans, but many people who got bored of waiting for PSO2NA PC and have joined us in JP and are having a blast.

Players would not have been any more confused in EP6 as a newcomer to PSO2 than they would be in our current patch level in PSO2NA.

Yes, EP6 has more features, but it also has more newbie friendly features and many events and options to help people catch up and prepare.

People talk as if there had been no newbies whatsoever to PSO2JP since ep3.

As i see it, the real reason why we have this schedule of "updates" is because if you had released the game on par and on the very same patch as PSO2 JP this would mean that much like with PSU, we would be constantly and considerably lagging behind due to the need to localize all new content which would mean that right after release and for a considerable period of time, there would be a drought.

And even more so considering that COVID-19 has slowed things down when it comes to the development/delivery of new content for PSO2JP.

Furthermore, people already complain of a lack of content today, with just a handful of weeks and knowing there is tons of content to look forward to so they would have been even more upset if they had nothing to look forward to.

This current method also gives new players who are not experienced with PSO2 the impression that Microsoft and Sega are constantly making and delivering new content, unaware that this has existed in PSO2JP for years thus giving the illusion of a healthy and growing MMORPG.

It makes perfect sense from a business standpoint but also to allow the team to localize any future new content, to be slightly behind PSO2JP within reason, so the current model is perfectly fine.

I support it!

But let us not pretend the only reason is some weird kind of consideration for new players who are apparently less capable of adaptation than the thousands that have joined PSO2JP during all these years.

@IfrianMMO said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

However, big updates can be overwhelming to the point that other players (who are new to the game) will miss to learn certain features because of this. Yes, I know that many players actually played JP and they already know how the game works. However, there is still players who aren't very familiar with PSO2.

Every single day, new people join PSO2 in JP and manage just fine, and as you seem well versed in JP-

Not everyone, there are players that get overwhelmed, and that, yep, can't play every day to a game to get used to it, I have a couple of friends that droped JP because of that, old PSO players and all.

I don't think it's a bad idea for 8 years worth of updates to be a little stretched in barely a year.

I am more worried about how everything has to be directed to NEWS and we can't get simple straight answer on planning layout for this release. Even for Ship 4-6 release isn't really answered besides showing them at last moment.

@landman said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

@IfrianMMO said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

Every single day, new people join PSO2 in JP and manage just fine, and as you seem well versed in JP-

Not everyone, there are players that get overwhelmed, and that, yep, can't play every day to a game to get used to it, I have a couple of friends that droped JP because of that, old PSO players and all.

I don't think it's a bad idea for 8 years worth of updates to be a little stretched in barely a year.

As someone who has made hundreds of JP accounts for players struggling with the process (and even used to be the main account maker/helper on the biggest PSO2JP group on Facebook in the wake of the official FB back in the day) i can say that the majority had absolutely no problem adapting to the game.

Yes, there will always be the odd person who has some trouble, but the big majority, after which decisions should be taken, did not have much trouble adapting and even less so during EP5/6.

Regardless of this, i actually support the fact they stretched release over a year, because i am a dirty casual nowadays so this will allow me to relive and enjoy all the content i loved during the last few years at my own pace and while it´s relevant.

So i am in favor of it.

But i feel like it´s a bit silly to pretend the one and only reason is because of new players struggling to adapt because there are clearly way more reasons, such as the ones i have exposed, but i guess those are not as marketable to admit to.

Basically my "problem" with them stating constantly that they did it ForTheNewbies® is that while i do not doubt or have reason to deny that this may have been part of the decision process, it´s clearly not the only one.

I have worked in the industry for many years, so i know how these things work, but even someone who is new to the gameverse should be able to tell that there are plenty of other benefits to a layered delivery beyond "ForTheNewbies®" but curiously enough those never get mentioned.

I just want the game to be hard again 😞

@Penndragon87 said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

You can always not use best items ;).

I have worked in the industry for many years, so i know how these things work, but even someone who is new to the gameverse should be able to tell that there are plenty of other benefits to a layered delivery beyond "ForTheNewbies®" but curiously enough those never get mentioned.

Sorry about that. About what I've said earlier, it is my own thoughts about how the updates were being released. I want to tell everyone that the GM team & the Dev Team are two different entities, and we aren't able to influence how the game progress from here. That being said, some of us are also anticipating on new contents every week, and for this we are letting the Dev Team knows how our player feels about it.

Thank you for your honest feelings about the game, and hope everyone will have a great day 🤞

Sorry about that. About what I've said earlier, it is my own thoughts about how the updates were being released. I want to tell everyone that the GM team & the Dev Team are two different entities, and we aren't able to influence how the game progress from here. That being said, some of us are also anticipating on new contents every week, and for this we are letting the Dev Team knows how our player feels about it.

Thank you for your honest feelings about the game, and hope everyone will have a great day 🤞

As i have mentioned several times in the past, my issues are not with the GM/Moderation team.

I know that you are a third party and that you are all PSO2 fanatics, who perhaps want the game to succeed even more than us players do, because not only you love it and enjoy it as much as we players do, but there´s the added bonus of it being your livelyhood.

When i direct my critiques or complaints, i want to stress that it is never against your team specifically because i know full well that you guys have our backs and want the best for us, and for yourselves.

But surely you can understand that, as our only link between us and them, all we can do is express what we feel here, which sadly means that you sometimes receive the blunt of it, even if somewhat undeserving.

But it is never on a personal note or against you and yours specifically, but unless the devs decide to participate in the official NA forums there is very precious little we can do other than this.

Anyone want to point out that the developers are also transcoding from strict legacy PC-only code into Xbox code? I'll bash their bad QA for quest text, or improper new lines and the like as that should have some unit tests to display what they show. But if I had to convert code from 10 years time in a different coding language into the language I'm more comfortable with, no matter what it is, there are going to be slowdowns and a year is already a bit more than I'd believe would be possible. At least from a developer perspective.

@Noctosis , I don't want to say that 'its easy' but the amount of changes to the code to get the game running on Xbox One might be a little exagerrated. The code is a mess yes... but its that same code thats been ported to PlayStation 4 and constantly updated to this day; at best the most 'extensive' of changes to the source code are mainly on the server end given that a lot of PSO2's server features were substituted with Xbox Live's API features (Messaging, Authentication, Friends List, etc)... but its not like the game was rewritten from scratch for Xbox One or that 80% of the game's code was useless on Xbox One.

@IfrianMMO , with respect to your own experiences i'd like to throw in an alternate angle to why things are the way they are.

Yes, it is true that PSO2 in Japan continues to receive new players... however PSO2 is a very popular game in Japan that's always been playable since its release date... to be blind to the game's ever expanding content would be ridiculous. Now... Phantasy Star is a very niche franchise in the West and to add to that bit of insult to injury, there is a large majority of people who haven't really kept up with the game ever since the original 2013 delay.

Now... in a sense, I get the feeling that Sega's "trying" to also treat the game as if it were a 'new release' alongside their other games... an illusion that is broken if say... the NA version were released in the same state JP is currently and pretending like the game was always here would appeal to JP players but it will certainly confuse the hell out of those who last remember PSO2 being Episode 1-2 and especially potential new players riding off of whatever hype there is.

The decision to gate content, while it could have been handled a bit better, is certainly one I don't disagree with given those reasons and while there could be other benefits which Sega saw which pushed them towards such a decision (e.g not needing to localize all the content at once, etc), I do feel that we fail to factor new players and those who haven't kept up with the game since the initial delay...

The game doesn't have to be easy for you? As any professional athlete, musician, etc... there is never a point when it becomes too easy. You always have to keep your skills up and keep finding things to make it your passion. If it's too hard make it difficult for yourself, give yourself a challenge. I mean the game is barely 2 months old in NA. They are releasing content at a steady flow, to make up for jp years. The difference between watching a show as it premiers with new episodes over binging it when its done.

@Subject-Astra said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

What needed to be said has already been said a thousand times by numerous x box players already.

Really now? Because outside of crying for content when there's content added every 2 weeks, no one has said anything, but keep believing your delusions.

Being in this forums reading all the crying and doom and gloom can put anyone off this game.

Thank YOU. This forum is such a misery fest. Literally people only take notice to the small faults of the game and just constantly harp on them. If people are burned out already, then they already spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing. The game is still overwhelming to a lot of players because in all actuality, there's tons of stuff to do and get. I have a little over 200 hours and i'm still no where near burnt out.

The only thing I agree with is that the end game is very easy if you know what you are doing but that doesn't mean it isn't fun and there isn't any challenges this game offers atm. Mining base 3 completely clobbers tons of players, people still get clapped by Luther, and Episode 3 final story missions will give even the most experience players a run for their money.

I wouldn't want them dumping 8 years worth of content on everyone straight out of the gate. That would be a bigger turn off from the game than anything else. Their current approach with catching up to JP is so much better and a lot more reasonable.