Happy for PC release, But where is the content?

@GM-Phantasma said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

@LapisWave Oh, sorry to say but future contents/updates aren't allowed to be disclose until announced officially. Please understand 🙏. We can only ask the players to check the NEWS section of the website every now and then.

It's a bummer that updates are not allowed be announced further in advance, especially when taking into consideration that in the JP version updates trailers are put on youtube 1 to 3 weeks in advance.

I really wanna see who's on the Dev team for the NA Servers cuz reading this thread is just becoming more depressing by the day. If there's one I appreciated, it's how open and interactive the Dev Team are for XIV (Even tho I don't agree with their decisions sometimes). There appears to be too much red tape on what goes on behind the scenes.

Can someone show me where a GM or developer haa confirmed that by the end if this year we will be caught up with JP? Who said that? I think that expectation sounds pretty blatantly BS considering the devs don't even communicate with us.

@Altmerk From the official NA twitter account:

Keeping our E3 promise, All the Content is coming in 2020 and our goal is to reach parity with the JP service moving forward! Have a great launch day!

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1250487312594513920

@Altmerk said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

Can someone show me where a GM or developer haa confirmed that by the end if this year we will be caught up with JP? Who said that? I think that expectation sounds pretty blatantly BS considering the devs don't even communicate with us.

It doesn't say by the end of 2020 specifically, but rather 'in' 2020. It should be at least reasonable to give them the whole 2020 to catch up. They do however need to define All the Content, considering the asterisks. Unless it was to emphasize it.

All content.png

@Ezodagrom My apologies, didn't see your post. I had the reply window open for too long.

@ErinXh said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

@Altmerk said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

It doesn't say by the end of 2020 specifically, but rather 'in' 2020. It should be at least reasonable to give them the whole 2020 to catch up. They do still need to define All the Content, considering the asterisks.

All content.png

Ah, kept seeing people mention this but never saw the post myself, much obliged. Honestly that's all anyone wants is parity with JP.

Oh, sorry to say but future contents/updates aren't allowed to be disclose until announced officially. Please understand 🙏. We can only ask the players to check the NEWS section of the website every now and then.

It's helpful for our understanding to know this, thank you. Remembering the launch status of the Xbox One launch, it is probably sensible for us to expect information about new ships either during the maintenance or after we get to find out ourselves anyway when it ends.

Out of interest is the timeliness of updates on the website something that is being fed back? It feels like only future events get announced in advance, rather than service matters like ship additions or the fact that PC is getting a launch.

I don't think SOJ really cares to much. They haven't wanted to touch the west in a long time (read console wars). I think this has more to do with microsoft's agreement with SOJ. It's interesting to really look at how they release stuff, and although i do applaud the community management team here, the development or lack thereof for NA has been disappointing to say the least. Until they stop making money off scratches and their internal concurrent user numbers go down, nothing will be announced.

I remember back in the day, late 90's when i worked in the industry. Our community team was on one side of the building, artists another, writers another, developers another. It was so much easier to function with everyone on the same page. Everyone cared much more about what was released because we all worked on it together. I really hate how these companies sub out their QA teams, community teams, and even developmental teams. sorry for the rambling.

The game has really easy catchup mechanics. I am happy with my meseta , and stopped logging in other than swapping costumes for sg. I haven't done my dailies, only did the easy weeklies and just really can't be bothered to play it. I didn't even try for the 13* egg on pso2 day. Due to how easy it is to "be end game" in this iteration, why bother? I can pick it up a few months from now and be fine in a week. The pc crowd will be here tomorrow, and they'll be loving it for the next two months of urgent quests. At this rate, i'd be shocked if we saw episode for prior to the end of July.

@LapisWave Oh, sorry to say but future contents/updates aren't allowed to be disclose until announced officially. Please understand 🙏. We can only ask the players to check the NEWS section of the website every now and then.

With that said, will future content update info be release before, during or after the maintenance for it? For example, say we were getting Episode 4 with the maintenance tonight, would we know beforehand?

@Midori-Oku said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

With that said, will future content update info be release before, during or after the maintenance for it? For example, say we were getting Episode 4 with the maintenance tonight, would we know beforehand?

With a translation barrier in the way, it can make the flow of necessary information for these articles a bit more difficult than if the whole team spoke the same language/lived in the same country. Our goal is to release information sooner, though.

@GM-Deynger said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

@Midori-Oku said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

With a translation barrier in the way, it can make the flow of necessary information for these articles a bit more difficult than if the whole team spoke the same language/lived in the same country. Our goal is to release information sooner, though.

Don't you have someone fluent in Japanese on the team though :O? You should.

@GM-Deynger

That's fair. I can see that being an issue. Either way it doesn't really matter to me, but I was curious.

@ShAdOnIc

Are you allowed to tell us if gameguard is going to be in the NA version of the PC release?

@AceSpider said in Happy for PC release, But where is the content?:

@ShAdOnIc

Are you allowed to tell us if gameguard is going to be in the NA version of the PC release?

Unless the GameGuard version was specifically coded for our version of PSO2 NA, it's unlikely. As there are too many differences between our versio nand the JP version to use the same instance of GameGuard. From word of mouth alone, I've already seen a fundamental change on how the character select / ship selection system differs. IE: You create a character first before selecting a ship rather than after selecting a ship.

In addition, the game connects to Microsoft Servers to get your Microsoft Account, rather than having SEGA directly have you use a SEGA Account of sorts. Not to mention pointing to different game servers entirely, different protocols, etc.

Most bots easily get around these anti cheat systems, even in-game ones like Mabinogi's CAPTCHA Bomb item, where bots simply ignore the CAPTCHA input and never get booted despite never entering the CAPTCHA. Angels Online had to remove their in-game captcha system because it was hurting player experience. (Extreme outcry from users.) That MMORPG is Chinese-run despite being English.

This post is deleted!