With the PC release just around the corner, this question is bound to come up for new players. The simple answer is:
UNLESS YOU ARE DEAD SET ON MIN-MAXING, JUST PICK WHATEVER RACE/GENDER IS MOST VISUALLY APPEALING TO YOU!
There are a few aesthetic things that some players have said they wish they had known that you may also want to keep in mind when making your choice:
- CASTs cannot use re-colorable Outfits, like the starter Outfits that are available for the other races.
- CASTs don't have access to "normal"-looking ears.
- Female CASTs need a Color Change Pass to change their Skin Color instead of just a Salon Pass.
- Deumans have different shadowing on their noses that make them look less sharp than other races.
- Deumans' horns cannot be shrunk to the point of non-existence, and will still be nubs which cannot be completely hidden with some hairstyles.
- Newmans have a red-ish undertone that is always visible no matter the skin color you select, and is most noticeable at the tips of the ears.
When it comes to stats, there are obviously those who will want to min-max, so here is some data if you fall into that category:
- First, based on various points of reference, these are the approximate level 90 Base Stats (ie. No Class, No Race/Gender, No Class Boosts):
- And here are the approximate stat multipliers for each Race/Gender:
- And the approximate stat multipliers for each Class:
Ultimately, the difference between the min and max only accounts for a small damage percentage, since even the largest stat gap (M/F CAST v. F Newman TEC-Pwr) is less than 100 Pwr (~84 TEC-Pwr as a lv75/75 Fo/Te, the current NA cap).