Playing from the UK . Can I get an official response please? Thanks

Hello. I am currently based in the UK and would like to play the game. Am I welcome to do so? I do not want to risk compromising my account and potentially getting banned after playing and investing in the game.

My second question is, if it is allowed, in terms of me buying for cosmetics etc, because i don't have a USA address I cannot add currency via paypal or credit card as my address isn't USA. To get around this, I can buy USA XBOX Game codes i'm assuming. Will the XBOX game code currency work for the PC version of the game?

I heard rumours that the japanese version banned a few players they found out were NA, and also potentially added IP restrictions to stop foreign IPs connecting to their servers, so having to use a VPN is not something I would like to do.

Thank you

Yes you can play.

Sega and Microsoft wants more money. Sega and Microsoft wants your money. Sega needs more money. Sega wants to buy the Sun. Sega wants to blow up the Sun. No more life.

Official response has been, and will always be, for this version:

It's North American only. (US/Canada.)

You can search the many, many, many topics about this issue. There are a couple GM responses in them saying just what I said. You can change your region via Windows 10 / billing address if you want to play it.

UK is not officially supported, but they are not region-locking. You still need to set your account to the US or Canada to download the game, most likely, though. On PC, I heard that is more difficult and might not work. As for buying stuff, if you can get the game downloaded, you do just need the Microsoft money card gift codes. You have to make sure you don't have ANY saved payment info or it will not go through, since it will need a US or Canada address with saved payment info. Also, JP never blocked people because they were from NA. That is a false rumor that started when they had to restrict the game to JP only for awhile due to a DDoS attack on the JP servers.

@Ragnawind said in Playing from the UK . Can I get an official response please? Thanks:

Also, JP never blocked people because they were from NA.

To back this up: The only thing they could block you for (besides trolling/leaving Emergency/urgent quests/etc.) is modifying game files (As per their EULA/ToS.) Since if you use the fan/community translation, it would translate placeholders such as <loc > / <pos > with the appropriate English name.

Another tid-bit is that service is only guaranteed for the support regions (NA) so if you experience connectivity issues there is nothing they can officially do to assist.

"Microsoft money card gift codes."

Is that an XBOX gift code?

Also, will I need to put in an address to add a gift code? As I tried doing a test purchase for 0.99$ using both paypal and credit card, but they got rejected because i didn't have a USA address.

@SoppierHades8 said in Playing from the UK . Can I get an official response please? Thanks:

Also, will I need to put in an address to add a gift code? As I tried doing a test purchase for 0.99$ using both paypal and credit card, but they got rejected because i didn't have a USA address.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-store-region-windows-10

@SoppierHades8 said in Playing from the UK . Can I get an official response please? Thanks:

No you don't need an address for gift codes, there a plenty of site's out there that allow you buy gift codes (US) which is what I'll be doing.

Once we have more concrete information I will then add funds to my wallet ready for when the game goes live on PC.

@BoltonSquad said in Playing from the UK . Can I get an official response please? Thanks:

No you don't need an address for gift codes, there a plenty of site's out there that allow you buy gift codes (US) which is what I'll be doing.

Once we have more concrete information I will then add funds to my wallet ready for when the game goes live on PC.

Is it an Xbox gift code we want to buy? I couldn't find any specifically for Microsoft.

When you say you'll add funds also do you mean by gift codes? Can we buy "everything" using gift card credit, or will there be purchases that need a direct payment?

What concrete information also?

Thanks

@BoltonSquad said in Playing from the UK . Can I get an official response please? Thanks:

Is it an Xbox gift code we want to buy? I couldn't find any specifically for Microsoft.

When you say you'll add funds also do you mean by gift codes? Can we buy "everything" using gift card credit, or will there be purchases that need a direct payment?

What concrete information also?

Thanks

If you have credit on your Microsoft account everything in game can be purchased, no direct purchases are needed, I've been playing on the Xbox and done it purely from buying Gift Cards.

However you need to find a website that is reputable and doesn't require a US address to purchase, if you try direct through Microsoft they require an address so you won't be able to.

I have a website I buy from and never had any issues.

They are Microsoft Gift Cards now, but they still carry the old XBOX Logo on them. They are usable on XBOX and Windows using the Microsoft Store. Here is a reputable place to buy them from, but they are a little more expensive due to being imports: https://www.play-asia.com/digital/codes_for_console/14/712nb#fc=v:4,m:33

@Ragnawind said in Playing from the UK . Can I get an official response please? Thanks:

They are Microsoft Gift Cards now, but they still carry the old XBOX Logo on them. They are usable on XBOX and Windows using the Microsoft Store. Here is a reputable place to buy them from, but they are a little more expensive due to being imports: https://www.play-asia.com/digital/codes_for_console/14/712nb#fc=v:4,m:33

I use Offgamers personally, your charged the exact amount after it's converted, no extra.

I just had a look at that site and it says:

This product is applicable for US Xbox Live store with United States IP Address ONLY. (It is NOT redeemable for Xbox Live accounts created in other countries than the United States)

hmmm 😞

I just had a look at that site and it says:

This product is applicable for US Xbox Live store with United States IP Address ONLY. (It is NOT redeemable for Xbox Live accounts created in other countries than the United States)

hmmm 😞

If you are referring to that offgamers website, it is incorrect. They do not check for a US IP Address and the codes can be redeemed as long as the region is set to the US when redeemed.