Sets on Auxiliaries

Do set affects apply with auxiliaries?

I doubt it. Rarity of items plays a part in their stats (according to the game).

@Denny-Digital while I generally agree with that idea I can't help but wonder since we can take them questing.

@ChiknAriseMcFro said in Sets on Auxiliaries:

@Denny-Digital while I generally agree with that idea I can't help but wonder since we can take them questing.

+1

I treat them as Partners. And have outfitted them with sets as I can find/determine them.

As a somewhat of an aside I wish they wouldn't be so subservient. Master this Master that. It doesn't feel good to me. But then I feel bad for certain monsters when they are hurting and/or die. But thats only my over developed sense of Essentialism playing itself out. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

Auxiliaries have different stat calculations than an actual player, and it has been confirmed through use on JPN that their stats are only effected by the rarity of their equipment, not by the stats on it. The only difference you will see between equipment is the Potential of a Weapon, but even then, their effect seems to be lower just because Auxiliaries have lower stats and only have certain Class Skills active.

I think this answers my question from the guide. For some reason I couldn't find the Auxiliary section when I posted this. Leaving for other noobs that might wonder. The answer appears to be no. Slap on whatever you have unless it's for aesthetics. "*The pet stats for Auxiliaries will all be the same."

I think this answers my question from the guide. For some reason I couldn't find the Auxiliary section when I posted this. Leaving for other noobs that might wonder. The answer appears to be no. Slap on whatever you have unless it's for aesthetics. "*The pet stats for Auxiliaries will all be the same."

Either aesthetics or in my case "the feels." 😿 😸

o/ =^.^=

They are calculated based on level, level gear, and level weapons as well as character personality. The set bonus does not work for them.

Some of the augments on the weapons do work for auxiliaries. I could confirm that burn and panic work. The JP wiki claims that other weapon augments work too, but have less significant effect due to generally lower stats of auxiliaries.

Also inherent PAs/Techniques of the weapons probably work. Equipping my auxiliaries with Sigma Fagan (Assault Rifle) makes them to spam Skyfire Salvo. Still I haven't checked to the extend that they don't have any mean to use that PA aside from the inherent capability. So maybe they could just use the PA as a Ranger PA. JP wiki claims auxiliaries frequently use the inherent PA/Tech of their equipped weapon.

@Fiona-Respha

I think personality also changes the attach and PA of certain weapons for them. My second Aux I had them with Knuckles and kept using the uppercut PA. Once I changed them to Gentle they started using the thrust PA.

@ERICK001BC Yes, that's true. The guide you cited in the other thread has a good amount of details on the issue.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?210597-A-guide-to-Support-Partners

Still, reading this document is a bit hard without having a handy dictionary of Fan Translation / NA term conversion list, I fear.

Also, I usually don't want to change the personality of my auxiliaries just to fix their PAs. 😃

@Fiona-Respha

I have my main one as stay the way she is. I guess this is innocent/pure The second one, Gentle was the way to go for knuckles/def plus it works with her actual personality. They third I would need intellect but that is male I think. Or is it interesting,cool.

OK. One of my auxiliary returned, so had a test. Changed the class to Hu/Te and equipped her with Sigma Fagan. She used Skyfire Salvo, so it can only come from the weapon's inherent PA. End of test.

Still I didn't feel she's using that PA frequently 😃

Thanks for all the replies. A lot of good info in there that even the guide doesn't cover.

@ChiknAriseMcFro Np, I made 3 so far and really enjoy them. Prob wont go more than that. I was going to hit the max but don't know how people run all 7 at once on quest. I thought it had something to do with 12/ party but I can only invite 3 with me.