Any luck beating Mining Base 3 UQ?

I understand that your best bet at beating it is with a bunch of your alliance members who know what they're doing, but is there any hope for those of us with smaller alliances, or no alliance at all? I've tried it maybe 10-15 times and the only time I've beaten it was when I teamed up with a couple alliance members and everyone in the MPA happened to be level 73-75. And even then we were left with only one base.

Just know where the enemies spawn, take turns using the Robotic support, worry more about protecting then collecting the flames. It's better to collect the corner ones when you can' but in a big group do not focus on the points, 3000, 5000,7000 you can summon the AIS. Again take turns and use burst when a lot of enemies. Watch the map for tower huggers (you'll see your map have a red glow around the tower), Destroy the pillars as soon as the spawn because they channel an insane damage laser. Finally don't give up.

Appreciate the answer! But I might need to clarify what I was actually asking a bit better. I've already read a lot of info on this forum about the best strategies and stuff for this UQ, so I consider myself competent enough, but I think the problem is that most teams of randoms have a few players who don't know the details and end up dragging everyone down.

Here are my questions worded more straightforwardly:

• As someone with a less active alliance, do I just wait and hope people eventually figure it out?
  • Was it like this at first in the JP version? (I feel like the JP players were more prepared, since I hear we skipped Mining Base 2...)
  • Has anyone been able to beat it somewhat consistently without the help of an alliance, and if so how?

The points needed to activate A.I.S. are 200, 7,000 and 10,000 actually. But for other points, I agree with ERICK001BC. πŸ˜ƒ

If I set priorities, my opinion is like follows.

Destroy Falspawn Particle Batteries ASAP. This takes higher priority than dealing with bosses. 19-05-2020_13-29-28-uisjtzin.jpg

Collect positive crystals. This is rather a requirement for the next two points. We want to have 7,000 points at least, to activate the A.I.S. for the 2nd time. If we could have 10,000 points, that's great but not necessary IMO. The best MPA I could join finishing with 90.17%, didn't reach 10,000 points, so we can do well with only two A.I.S. activations.

All participants ride the A.I.S. to their full allowance.

All participants use tower HP recovery 3 times. The 3rd recovery is unlocked at 6,000 pts.

I don't expect everyone will do these, but if the MPA could collect 7,000 points and 10 players did these minimal duties, that means 20 A.I.S.s and 30 tower recoveries. That's enough for at least clearing this UQ, I think.

Adding to these, the in-game tutorial (Main Menu > System > Information > Check Tutorials) is always helpful to check the basics πŸ˜ƒ

@zek6011 said in Any luck beating Mining Base 3 UQ?:

Appreciate the answer! But I might need to clarify what I was actually asking a bit better. I've already read a lot of info on this forum about the best strategies and stuff for this UQ, so I consider myself competent enough, but I think the problem is that most teams of randoms have a few players who don't know the details and end up dragging everyone down.

Here are my questions worded more straightforwardly:

• As someone with a less active alliance, do I just wait and hope people eventually figure it out?
  • Was it like this at first in the JP version? (I feel like the JP players were more prepared, since I hear we skipped Mining Base 2...)
  • Has anyone been able to beat it somewhat consistently without the help of an alliance, and if so how?

You can always start a Discord or even sent them a link to how to do it correctly Vi the message chat or alliance Board message when they first come in. This how I conveyed to everyone to start those Alliance orders. I have a big clan but it''s hard to get everyone on the same page. Similar to fighting Dark Luther, Eventually they will figure it out. Instead of waiting, I would try and get everyone on the same page and try to quardinate it.

I think it was like this in the jp but again eventually over time more people will know what to do. You could also look up a video on youtube and see how it's done and pass it on.

Yeah, I did it the first time with randoms thinking it was the other varient and it turned out to be this one. I got into my AIS "GUNDAM" early and people got annoyed but I took out the bosses very quickly and was able to load it 2 more times and yeah we saved all the bases. It helped that people where talking before it was loaded to focus on defending the bases and thats what we did. We worried more about defensing then competing.

@zek6011 Oops. I took so long time to write my post.

So answering what I can. I basically goes this UQ alone and have about 50% success. Constant is impossible, I guess.

What we can do make the chance better, is to provide some kind of hints, I suppose. Seeing from other threads on this forum, it seems like there are a good number of players who hate to be commanded or told the proper way, so we have to be careful.

@Fiona-Respha said in Any luck beating Mining Base 3 UQ?:

@zek6011 Oops. I took so long time to write my post.

So answering what I can. I basically goes this UQ alone and have about 50% success. Constant is impossible, I guess.

What we can do make the chance better, is to provide some kind of hints, I suppose. Seeing from other threads on this forum, it seems like there are a good number of players who hate to be commanded or told the proper way, so we have to be careful.

This is also correct. Sometimes you just want to vs a boss your way and others will get mad at you if your not doing it "their" way. Yes it can get frustrating with elder and luther if people aren't listing, example those that bring the break arms symbol art to the elder fight, or those that tell you to break armor alone in luther fights, Eventually some players feel like who made this person boss AND will purposely screw you over. You could easily beat this issue if you 1, make a party beacon and explain it there before the fight, or get a group before and try and make a quick setup fight before the fight vi fast chat or something, Just don't be annoying about it and enjoy it.

@ERICK001BC I appreciate the advice. Well, English is second language for me, so it's a bit hard to give some detailed briefing. haha

At least, I'm sending a notice for the A.I.S. availability at 7,000 pts. and 10,000 pts. in hope to remind people in the heat of battle. If more players love A.I.S., they would naturally try to collect crystals, I hope.

@Fiona-Respha said in Any luck beating Mining Base 3 UQ?:

@ERICK001BC I appreciate the advice. Well, English is second language for me, so it's a bit hard to give some detailed briefing. haha

At least, I'm sending a notice for the A.I.S. availability at 7,000 pts. and 10,000 pts. in hope to remind people in the heat of battle. If more players love A.I.S., they would naturally try to collect crystals, I hope.

I mean't you can always type out the briefing and have it as fast chat, you know auto text fast chat. The option is under the first chat auto words. Like #1 is Hello. You could do fast briefings set to certain numbers for certain urgent quest.

I never would have guessed English is your second language considering how proper and correct all your typing has been.

Honestly I don't blame them, The AIS is the funnest part of that urgent quest. Also 2 things to note, Unless they changed it usually the points count for your group, so if you have a team of 4 and you all are collecting it does add up little by little as well as final kill points. So if you're in a group of 4 the points tally up together a tiny bit. Second thing, the AIS does have 2 more attacks that do a lot of damage to the big bosses and the flying helicopter thingy.

Honestly this UQ is not hard, if everyone works together it can be done pretty efficiently ... i would do with a group of good geared ppl all max lvl, and have some line of communication .. everyone has pretty much pointed out the best way to do it so i won’t beat a dead horse over the head with an explanation of that again but it really relies on organization ... do urself a. Favor and find a group that knows their classes, who are geared and can take directions and Ull be fine. I’ve done this about 10 times 8 times we passed and 2 times failed i ran a few with alliance and and got recruited for a super group only times i failed was with total randoms who were worried bout points instead.

I have done it a couple times, it isn't particularly difficult in how it works, but most failures were due to joining random groups and the majority being very low leveled / focusing on bosses with very low DPS.

Myself and one other were able to protect all the bases until Wave 7. Once several towers started appearing at the same time, it was too much for just 2 people to handle while everyone else ignored the purpose of the UQ.

This is a bad suggestion to make, but I am going to make it anyways:

If people want to do their own thing and try to use it as a leveling quest, I would look for a new lobby before the teleporter starts and try to find a group that has a median level of 70.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

This thread has turned into a good place to come for everyone trying to figure out this UQ. So if anyone else has answers to my questions, or even just general tips on this UQ, don't hesitate to post them here!

@zek6011 I am actually running a coordinate MPA in a few hours for Super Hard. I will report back and let you know what worked/didn't work and if we can get an S rank or not.

πŸ™

Don't ignore the hazards, don't waste your limited abilities early, and don't ignore swarms of enemies murdering all of your towers to burn down a boss on one. It's a resource management game.

So to start with: a lot of people don't seem to realize how dangerous things like the laser towers and the corrupted ARKS ships can be. The towers can obliterate your defense targets if you ignore them, and the ARKS ships will interrupt fights constantly with their AOE missiles which make it hard to deal with enemies and bosses. I'm not saying everyone should drop everything to take these things out, but if you see one? Go for it. Keep an eye out for them at all times; it's easy to solo the towers, they have really low HP and no real defense, but if ignored they can and will cost you the mission. Gunners and rangers especially should focus down the ships if they appear since chain and WB make short work of the ARKS ships and can save everyone some headache and time.

Secondly: it doesn't take all twelve people to kill a single ragne or two gwanas. Sure, they'll go down faster but in that time twenty or thirty bugs will reach your other towers and start digging in and now all your nodes are corrupted which means they'll all turn into towers if you don't purify them (I sure hope someone didn't waste all your purifications on the first two waves). If you haven't remembered where the enemies spawn, try to stick closer to the towers so you can intercept them and stop them from reaching the towers, rather than being a northern warrior and chasing after them and hoping you can prevent them from causing damage.

Also: save the AIS for harder waves, please. Wave like three or four with a handful of wolga isn't especially difficult, we don't need everyone to use all of the AIS for it, nor do we need like three AIS dunking on a single zesh. AIS usage also compounds with the above advice: if you are using the AIS, please do your best to put it to use. Don't zip around and finish off bosses that 8 people are already killing while ignoring the enemies everywhere else, or chill with the other AIS and just take turns squatting on one small patch of dudes while everyone else fights a tide of monsters. If you pull that thing out, destroy as much as you can.

And also when it comes to like, barriers and healing the towers: try not to pop those off on wave three when the tower has only a tiny sliver of damage.

@Nuebot yup, these points are all very important. Just did a pre-made and it went very badly for many of those reasons.

Largest reason was tunnel vision. Even with my constant reminders it still happened, but self-awareness develops over time, so that one is hard to guide people on. Almost everyone tunnels on Vibrace. It is probably because he is a limited boss and seems shiny, but I assure you his drops are just as bad as the rest, clear towers and mobs faster will let you melt him at the end.

Second largest reason were the Sorcerors. I noticed they got ignored a lot. They build up in the back and can do some serious damage/make your life hell by corrupting all the pads. They are squishy, so high mobility people should really just go straight back and knock them out while the juggernauts deal with the incoming wave.

This particular contributor surprised me: there were a lot of people who ignored the mechanics of the Bases completely. Did not heal it at all. That paired with not snagging crystals on the way to objectives is just as devastating as the tunnel vision issue.