So about Crafted PAs 「EP2 Content that is missing 」

So first off lets start with the obvious information that some people do not understand or remember but the game is currently in Episode 3 (Each episode describes events that shape the universe of PSO2 & also provides vast changes in many cases).

In Episode 2 something that brought further customization to our roles was the crafting system, it also provided a way to earn money based on advancing your knowledge with said crafted weapon, unit, or PA as the more knowledge obtained the higher chance you can make near pinnacle performance versions of those crafts. So I'm wondering where is the crafting system that was expanded upon in Episode 3?

I would love to know a date as to when we're supposed to receive this as it was apart of Episode 2 and I'd love to know if future episodes will launch with part of whats in them like the past Episode 1-3 or was this just a small hiccup.

Crafting was actually released during Episode 2 in January 2014, though PA crafting wasn't added until July 2015, which was during Episode 3.

The major thing that I believe is keeping them from releasing Crafting is the fact that the NA version has removed OT weapons; because of this, that leaves NT crafting as the only Weapon Extension, and releasing it would mess with the current Weapon balance.

OT Extension was gradual with the lowest Extension level being the equivalent of a mid-tier 9☆ and the highest being like a low-tier12☆/high-tier 11☆. NT Extension, on the other hand, is much more powerful; the lowest Extension level is the equivalent of a mid/high-tier 13☆ (ie stronger than any 13☆ we currently have) and the highest is the equivalent of a low-tier15☆/high-tier 14☆.

I imagine that because of this, they decided to hold off on the releasing the Crafting system since they likely want to release it whole rather than in parts (though, honestly, I would love it if they just went ahead and did release it broken up, preferably with PA and Tech crafting coming first).

The NA server has different balancing when compared to the JP version, so it's not as simple as just adding it as it would break the balance. Balancing is decided by SEGA JP and they're quite heavily affected by the pandemic at the moment. Things like this will inevitably get delayed.

Plus they're focussing on the PC release right now so I wouldn't expect anything major just yet.

We're also missing other things from the room like the Event Viewer which helped to clarify the timeline and let players view in game cut-scenes again like the opening to Franka's Cafe and such. But while I agree weapon/unit customization could stay in the background for now for balance, Timed Abilities and Crafted PAs and Techs should be released.

The event viewer in Japan has a bunch of things that got cut out of the current timelines.

@Manta said in So about Crafted PAs 「EP3 Content that is missing 」:

The NA server has different balancing when compared to the JP version

Does it? I was under the belief it used current JP balancing.

@Subject-Astra The underlying system is using the pre-03/25/2020 JPN class balances, but in terms of the weapons/units they have released with the content that is unlocked, it is its own unique balance compared to the JPN server, especially when you consider that many classes don't function the same as they do on JPN due to the current lack of PA/Tech Crafting and Lv85 Skills.

@IndefinateArdem said in So about Crafted PAs 「EP3 Content that is missing 」:

The event viewer in Japan has a bunch of things that got cut out of the current timelines.

It's not "cut from the timeline", they just didn't "waste time" explaining certain things to someone, that's what the omnibus is, a synopsis of what happened cutting irrelevant things (to the main plot at least, to me Oza x Marlu ship is fully relevant).

But some of their content is in their Arks Battle Championship routs!

Crafting is really one of the bigger omissions I'd like to see sooner than later. I expect we'll see it soon enough, but it's a pain that it's not in given how, as previously stated, many classes are balanced around it entirely since it's been around for years. Force has some Techniques that are outright broken by its exclusion while many other classes suffer greatly in one way or another as well.

A slightly tucked away, but extremely important thing we don't have yet either is the Monkey King Bar/Nyoibo mechanic which made farming high slot units much more bearable via a crafting client order from Zieg. Currently, while there is a way to increase the augment chance on drops, it's ONLY given out with Deband Drink with Premium; the Ex can have it, but the only way to ensure it is to have the 20k meseta drink. Bear in mind the Deband Drink effect stacks with the Nyoibo effect as well.

So currently high slot augment drop potential on NA is greatly hurt by this as these effects make a pretty marked difference.

I would want to use the crafting system as well when it's up. Please bear with us patiently guys and keep an eye on our social networking sites and also here on our official website about the Crafting system. Your love and support for the game keep us do our best for you guys.😊

@Subject-Astra said in So about Crafted PAs 「EP3 Content that is missing 」:

@Manta said in So about Crafted PAs 「EP3 Content that is missing 」:

The NA server has different balancing when compared to the JP version

Does it? I was under the belief it used current JP balancing.

@Subject-Astra We have EP3 content with EP6 balancing, but without crafting and a different weapon system. All of NA's weapons are NT and some are buffed in compared to its JP counterparts.

This is why we have 12* that are better than 13* (Psycho wand/Elder rifle)

@GM-Sirius While I understand where you're coming from I just want clarity here. Content that came with EP1-3 isnt fully in the game and I really want to know if this trend is going to be a continuation rather than following a specific route i.e going to 1 2 3 4 instead of 1, 1.5 2.5

There's also the glaring issue that the sixth tab of the titles counter is completely missing. That relates to crafting

@GM-Sirius said in So about Crafted PAs 「EP3 Content that is missing 」:

I would want to use the crafting system as well when it's up. Please bear with us patiently guys and keep an eye on our social networking sites and also here on our official website about the Crafting system. Your love and support for the game keep us do our best for you guys.😊

So you do the write ups for the blog post?