PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?

@GM-Deynger said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

Hi all,

Trying to talk about the PC version of PSO2 has been...risky...given the variety of sentiment we've seen thus far. However, there have been a few requests for more hype from people who are excited about the game and content to patiently wait. That being said...let's discuss!

Previously, I played a Deuman Fo/Te. Recently, I've been playing a Deuman Gu/Hu. Do I know which one I'm ultimately picking? No. Do I realize I have to decide soon or risk a useless Mag? Yes. Does this make the decision any easier? NOPE!

Part of me wants to start on Ship 2, since I know many of you forum users are PSO2 JP veterans and are going to pick Ship 2 by way of habit. I happen to be fond of this crew. Another part of me thinks Ship 1 would be fun, since it seems to be more comprised of newcomers to PSO2 and I would enjoy seeing the game through their eyes. And yet another part of me thinks other Ships, if available, would be a lot more fun as the inhabitants would all be progressing at roughly the same speed. This would make it really nice going through the Quests.

So there is my conundrum. Tell me about yours!

COME TO 02! I will be a Hunter/Gunner Cast again! ;>

@Reo said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

Heya folks, long time MMO'er here, been hoping for this game to come to NA PC for 8 years. I never wanted to bother with the JP version, translation patch, etc...so I waited...and waited...and waited...and it's finally almost here. I played the crap out of PSO(1) many moons ago on Gamecube. LOL

Anyways, I'm thinking of starting on Ship 2 if there will be many "JP veterans" there, not only to learn from, but also hoping for a nice solid community.

So, one big question I've had for awhile and can never seem to get anyone to answer in the other places I've asked... (didn't realize I could just make a free xbox live account and post here) ...is... I'd like to play as a Male CAST, but I don't want to look like a mecha. Is it possible to be a more humanoid/cyborgish looking male CAST? (with regular body/limbs and not giant mechanical looking parts?) ...and "why not just play human/newman/deuman" is not the answer I'm looking for. LOL

I WILL TEACH YOU EVERYTHING! I SWEAR TO GOD! O _O

@Zarozian said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

@Reo said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

Heya folks, long time MMO'er here, been hoping for this game to come to NA PC for 8 years. I never wanted to bother with the JP version, translation patch, etc...so I waited...and waited...and waited...and it's finally almost here. I played the crap out of PSO(1) many moons ago on Gamecube. LOL

Anyways, I'm thinking of starting on Ship 2 if there will be many "JP veterans" there, not only to learn from, but also hoping for a nice solid community.

So, one big question I've had for awhile and can never seem to get anyone to answer in the other places I've asked... (didn't realize I could just make a free xbox live account and post here) ...is... I'd like to play as a Male CAST, but I don't want to look like a mecha. Is it possible to be a more humanoid/cyborgish looking male CAST? (with regular body/limbs and not giant mechanical looking parts?) ...and "why not just play human/newman/deuman" is not the answer I'm looking for. LOL

But do you believe in the god :O?

Are there any fast tips for new players?

@Chiryuu2609 said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

@Zarozian said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

But do you believe in the god :O?

Are there any fast tips for new players?

Fast tip. Don't level your Mag with items, only devices. You get devices through Photon Drops, which are semi-rare. But a mistake on a Mag can essentially 'brick' your Mag without a lot of side grinding. Find a guide on what to level for your class, since depending on what you're doing putting in the wrong skills can 'brick' your skill list the same way. Only way to really fix these issues is to pay to fix them, or do a ton of grinding.. outside of that.. nothing else really.

@AirFox597866915 said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

Fast tip. Don't level your Mag with items, only devices. You get devices through Photon Drops, which are semi-rare. But a mistake on a Mag can essentially 'brick' your Mag without a lot of side grinding. Find a guide on what to level for your class, since depending on what you're doing putting in the wrong skills can 'brick' your skill list the same way. Only way to really fix these issues is to pay to fix them, or do a ton of grinding.. outside of that.. nothing else really.

You can rely on (make use of.) feeding 'items' to your Mag you just need to keep in mind what particular item raises which stats, and which items decreases the bar for certain ones. As long as you know what to give them you're fine. Yes, it will take (way) longer feeding them anything else than Stat Devices. But my advice would be not to worry about fast feeding your Mag, it doesn't need to be level 200 on Day 1. Take your time.

Best method overall, feeding items and make use of Stat Devices. Don't need to exclude one or the other.

A mistake in feeding them the wrong stats can indeed be undone without spending any real money. For those who do not know, there is an item in the Excube shop called "Mag Level Down Device" which let you undo a stat on your Mag. It takes 5 Excubes to undo a stat. (When it was 50 Excubes per mistake, it indeed could be seen as a 'ton of grinding'. But now with it being 5 Excubes, not that much of a grind in my opinion but I guess it's rather subjective.)

With the current content, especially with the Mining Base Urgent Quests. 10☆ and 11☆ weapons are plentiful, to convert into Excubes. Of course these UQ's should be played with 250% Rare Drop Boosters, which in the end pays for themselves considering that 250% Rare Drop Boosters only costs 6 Excubes. A single Mining Base UQ run with a 250% Rare Drop Booster gives you on low average 8x 10-11☆ Weapons. A 250% Rare Drop Booster will in most unlucky cases last 2 runs.

Excubes will come by as easy and natural as breathing. Before you know it you're sitting on 1000 Excubes.

Wrong skills on your Skill Trees is indeed problematic for now. Cause the only reliable method to reset your Skill Trees is through paying AC. There is an option to reset your Skill Trees through the use of a "Skill Tree Reset Pass". (For those reading this and don't know, it resets all your Skill Trees.) In the JP version, these passes are periodically given to the players for free.

In the NA version, they have not yet been "periodically" distributed free of charge to the players. Will they ever going to? No idea, too early to tell.

• Resetting Skill Tree = Problematic. (As of right now.)
  • Undo mistakes on Mag = Easy.

There has already been one round of all tree reset passes, just before the open beta switched to being live. Speaking of which, make characters in all three of your slots so when items get given out on a per character basis, you get as many of them as possible.

I'm from Australia, do you think i would be better off on an specific ship (for English speakers in an aligned timezone)? Or is that not a thing?

@N1CkoH Not a thing indeed.

SHIP's don't have particular time-zone aligned/attached to them, neither done by game nor by the players. You will find all kinds of players from different time-zones across all SHIPs. There's no 'well' established non-NA timezone/community SHIP. (For now at least.)

When it's 'peak hours' on one SHIP, it will be peak hours on the other SHIPs as well. Same occurrence with 'sleeping hours'.

Pick whichever SHIP thou favor.

I think I might go on Ship 1 because I got a friend on there but debating wether or not to have my solo character on a different ship like 5 or 6.

Can't wait to see all you guys online! I never played PSO but I played the hell out of PSU when it was out. Can't wait to get to PSO2.

I loved PSU on the 360 as a kid. Haven't had the best of life lately so I'm super excited to play PSO2.

I haven't really looked into ships or classes yet, I'll be doing that soon. I'm looking forward to feeling the nostalgia and making loads of friends online 🙂

Is there any news on the exact date PC will go live or is it just the end of the month?

Grimilius#6660 is my discord if anyone wants to chat as we approach PC release 🙂

not sure about the ship, i'll cross that bridge when i get there with my friends on release day. class i'll level first will be hunter.

I will be joining my brother on ship 2. On the JP servers my character rotated between Braver, Summoner and Phantom (I used a single DEX mag) ... When the content catches up I will probably do the same thing. I'm okay with being suboptimal for a while.

Did we actually get a release date (other than late May)?

Anyways, I'm a sucker for flashy battojutsu and will probably be playing Braver again. I'm thinking Br/Hu, though I might go Phantom or even whatever the Gunslash class ends up being.

@Grave-Knight said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

No, we only got several "soon" which can mean up to 2 weeks (I'm talking about the information, not about the release).

@Grave-Knight said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

no. All we have is news coming soon and PC release still on schedule for May.