PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?

I’m probably gonna go cast male as a main probably as a gunner or melee user

Force Newman female tech as that was a class I played a bit on pso 1

3rd char? Idk a female cast in the role not filled by the Male cast

4th if I can get around to getting some AC (have a look at eu ways after game release) one of the classes requiring the dex mag

Thanks for the Thread, @GM-Deynger !!!

I'm gonna be playing on ship 2, as my friend and I originally played up to level 12 in the JPN servers on Ship 2, due to it having the highest concentration of English players.

Definitely rolling the same exact build: Cast Male Bouncer \ Undecided Sub class. I really want to be Bouncer \ Fighter, but it doesn't look like I can wear fists... can I? If so, I'M ALL ABOUT IT!

Had a ton of fun playing the bouncer, as it has a ton of mobility and absolutely oozes with style.

My friends and I are planning to have the whole gang of 5 playing some Blacknyack and winning the big bux for all of our super sweet costumes!

Gonna hop on the JPN server and test out a few more classes. I haven't tried anything outside the tutorials except Bouncer and Fighter so far. =P

Curious how new accounts work with the PC version and how the Microsoft store doesn't require gold to play.

I could be like [ ] and run my own party by playing one controller with each appendage!?

@Ahrennst said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

Is this something that I should research for better playability? Or is it more just personal preference?

Eh, I'd say a little from column A, a little from column B. And unfortunately, the only thing to research right now would be Ships 1-3, and there's probably not much information to find. The others, if they open, will be a shot in the dark in regards to what the community culture is like.

@Xilius said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

Well I'm pretty new to this game, I only started looking into it a few weeks ago, but I want to play a Dueman (cuz they look cool) Hunter/Braver. I'm not really sure about the ships, but I guess ship 1 for new people right?

Deuman DO look cool, don't they? I may be partial. Then again I also like big crits and I cannot lie. πŸ™‚

@AirFox597866915 said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

... I love how the "tm" I brought up before shows up here ... lmao β™₯

Oh, did that wind up in there? My fingers must have been on autopilot. (teehee)

@Drake9576 said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

@GM-Deynger What ship would you recommend to a new player to PSO2 that wants the best experience? And Community?

Well....hard to predict at this point. All of the Ships so far have their own identity. I'd say Ship 1 tends to be a little more, clamorous? Ship 2 is where you want to be if you have any detailed questions that weren't already answered by the incredibly informative articles that an illustrious individual writes on this website. Ship 3 has been pretty quiet and hard to get a read on so far. The others, if they open....are a giant question-mark. So, if none of what I've pointed out so far appeals....just pick the one with the name you like. πŸ™‚

@GM-Deynger Thanks Deynger for the response. πŸ™‚ I will probably go Ship 1 or 2 then. Hope to see you in Game!!

@Drake9576 said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

@GM-Deynger Thanks Deynger for the response. πŸ™‚ I will probably go Ship 1 or 2 then. Hope to see you in Game!!

At some point you will. Hopefully I have a keyboard by then (or am on PC), so I can address all of the "are you a new GM?" "where did you come from" without having to use the controller. ><

I'll be on Ship 01. I have a lot of friends joining me who have no Phantasy Star experience, and I've honestly been rubbed the wrong way by some JP players so I'll be avoiding the server most of them flocked to.

For class, my main is a Gunner. However, I have a few more alts that are modeled after PSO1 characters.

Side note. Do we know if a LIVE subscription will be required for the PC version too?

@Ciel said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

I'll be on Ship 01. I have a lot of friends joining me who have no Phantasy Star experience, and I've honestly been rubbed the wrong way by some JP players so I'll be avoiding the server most of them flocked to.

For class, my main is a Gunner. However, I have a few more alts that are modeled after PSO1 characters.

Side note. Do we know if a LIVE subscription will be required for the PC version too?

That would be.. very screwed up of them..

I'll be on one of the new ships maining a male Deuman - Fi/Hu, until Γ‰toile is added. Double Sabers have always been my favorite. I've been checking Twitter daily, hoping for some good news. Would really like at least a little heads up so I can put in for a vacation day or two.

@Ciel said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

I am going to assume no, since those that don't have an Xbox would have no need for one other than that. and it wouldn't really be free to play then on PC, which would virtually destroy the pc only playerbase.

Heya folks, long time MMO'er here, been hoping for this game to come to NA PC for 8 years. I never wanted to bother with the JP version, translation patch, etc...so I waited...and waited...and waited...and it's finally almost here. I played the crap out of PSO(1) many moons ago on Gamecube. LOL

Anyways, I'm thinking of starting on Ship 2 if there will be many "JP veterans" there, not only to learn from, but also hoping for a nice solid community.

So, one big question I've had for awhile and can never seem to get anyone to answer in the other places I've asked... (didn't realize I could just make a free xbox live account and post here) ...is... I'd like to play as a Male CAST, but I don't want to look like a mecha. Is it possible to be a more humanoid/cyborgish looking male CAST? (with regular body/limbs and not giant mechanical looking parts?) ...and "why not just play human/newman/deuman" is not the answer I'm looking for. LOL

@Reo It is possible, but there are some limitations. You can use a humanoid head/face, but you will not have any actual ears, rather where ears normally go, you will have flat metal plates. Also, unless you buy new eye patterns, your eye pattern choices are very mechanical and not very "human" looking. Additionally, you can have a fleshie body, but you are limited to only using Layered Wear and fixed-color Outfits, so there are a number of Outfits you won't be able to use (such as any of the default starter ones you may see around).

@AndrlCh said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

@Reo It is possible, but there are some limitations. You can use a humanoid head/face, but you will not have any actual ears, rather where ears normally go, you will have flat metal plates. Also, unless you buy new eye patterns, your eye pattern choices are very mechanical and not very "human."

Well, that's kinda the idea on why I'm asking, I want to look more robotic/android/cyborg so that's "good"...

Additionally, you can have a fleshie body, but you are limited to only using Layered Wear and fixed-color Outfits, so there are a number of Outfits you won't be able to use (such as any of the default starter ones you may see around).

However, this sounds not so good...like I'd have to find the perfect outfit in the perfect colors because I won't be able to "customize" my look very much?... Hmm, might have to rethink this...

@Reo Basically, the only part of your outfit that you could recolor as a homoid CAST would be any Outerwear you get; all Basewear and Innerwear are fixed color, as are any CAST usable Outfits you may have, outside of a few, like the HUcast and RAcast Replicas from the Ragol Memory Exchange, but those adhere to your main Mecha-form color.

@AndrlCh said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

@Reo Basically, the only part of your outfit that you could recolor as a homoid CAST would be any Outerwear you get; all Basewear and Innerwear are fixed color, as are any CAST usable Outfits you may have, outside of a few, like the HUcast and RAcast Replicas from the Ragol Memory Exchange, but those adhere to your main Mecha-form color.

Yeah, I don't know what any of that means since I've never played, but thanks for the info! lol

...Okay, well maybe I understand it a little but, but will know better once I get hands on I guess...