PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?

im just a little bit disheartened at this point by the time the game is available for pc players the gap that will be between us and others is just gonna be crazy to start off with not to mention all the things we will have missed out on by that point. im gonna play but it honestly feels like a situation where once starting and realizing all the missed stuff and lvl gaps will turn me off lets hope not and that you guys have put some thought into this as well.

The launch delay means little difference. Game is is still in early stage and will have it's own level cap increase compare the JP version. I would not worry about it to be honest, especially considering it's casual friendly.

The gap will eventually only be in Meseta and even then If they open a new ship there is no gap . Even if episode 4 drops not long after the amount of time for 5 and 6 would give pc players plenty of time to catch up

So out of curiosity, how was it decided that the Japanese servers/player where going to be on Ship 2? I never got a memo about it? I guess it was decided here in the posts about where are people going once it launches in NA? Though I wouldn't necessarily say Ship 1 is where all the newbies are either. I just said Ship 1 because Pioneer 1 was the first to go. I almost Picked Ship 2 or 3 For Pioneer 2 and 3 but that was my veteran in me speaking. The Nostalgia got me. Also because Ship 1 was recommended to me but I really didn't put much thought into it. I guess had I chosen a different ship maybe the market wouldn't be so broken. But also the way things go, if more people drop out of ship 1 over time, it will still have enough where it won't shut down for the longest time. I guess?

@ERICK001BC said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

So out of curiosity, how was it decided that the Japanese servers/player where going to be on Ship 2? I never got a memo about it? I guess it was decided here in the posts about where are people going once it launches in NA? Though I wouldn't necessarily say Ship 1 is where all the newbies are either. I just said Ship 1 because Pioneer 1 was the first to go. I almost Picked Ship 2 or 3 For Pioneer 2 and 3 but that was my veteran in me speaking. The Nostalgia got me. Also because Ship 1 was recommended to me but I really didn't put much thought into it. I guess had I chosen a different ship maybe the market wouldn't be so broken. But also the way things go, if more people drop out of ship 1 over time, it will still have enough where it won't shut down for the longest time. I guess?

On JP, all of us westerners are on Ship 2. (Primarily) So.. that's how. More or less. 2 there, 2 here.

@AirFox597866915 Oh, that makes sense. But you do know not all westerners where on ship 2, not saying that some Westerners can't be fluid in Japanese, or that by that time a lot of Guilds would help out. I never knew this. Just like I never knew that you couldn't change ships after you registered, Let's say you registered to ship 1 in Japan because a friend was on ship 1 and told you to register. I know that in the server Japanese was all spoken, Similar to how EVERYTHING was in Japanese because it was a Japanese only game at the time. Now I know that server 2, 4 and 10 where mostly westerners, but still where was this info back then?

Not that it matters now. Honestly.

@AirFox597866915 said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

On JP, all of us westerners are on Ship 2. (Primarily) So.. that's how. More or less. 2 there, 2 here.

Ship 1 was where the NA people went for a while at launch, then reddit basically said "Everyone's on ship two ^^ go there!!!!!" All positively and whatnot, so everyone went there soon after.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but do we know when the game will be available on the Microsoft Store? Will we be able to pre-load it? So far I 'm not seeing it available. Also I live in Canada.

Thanks

Man... I watched my friend play on Xbox.. and that shit is... ROUGH man. Like, REALLY ROUGH.

10-20 second load times per transition sometimes longer, menus sometimes take 30 seconds to populate, the lobby takes anywhere from 1 -10 minutes for NPCs to even show up, characters take longer to render...

I played the JPN server with my NVME hard drive, and it's literally 2 second load times, everything renders immediately, I can add shaders to make the game more vibrant, M&KB is definitely de wae, and 0 lag time for menus. It's beautiful.

@Ephireon said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

10-20 second load times per transition sometimes longer, menus sometimes take 30 seconds to populate, the lobby takes anywhere from 1 -10 minutes for NPCs to even show up, characters take longer to render...

Do they have an Xbox One S or standard Xbox One?

@Kasen23 said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but do we know when the game will be available on the Microsoft Store? Will we be able to pre-load it? So far I 'm not seeing it available. Also I live in Canada.

Thanks

Nothing yet. We dunno if we will even be able to pre-load. I think the game has a bit more of 72GB I think so pre-load would def be nice. :c

@Ephireon one to ten minutes for NPCs to render seems like an exaggeration.

I have an OG generation one Xbox and really bad internet and it takes like 10 - 15 seconds in a populated lobby.

Then again the JP game had long load times for me as well and my computer is pretty nice. Not sure if the slow internet makes it worse or not, though.

@DJG19924106 said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

im just a little bit disheartened at this point by the time the game is available for pc players the gap that will be between us and others is just gonna be crazy to start off with not to mention all the things we will have missed out on by that point. im gonna play but it honestly feels like a situation where once starting and realizing all the missed stuff and lvl gaps will turn me off lets hope not and that you guys have put some thought into this as well.

Xbox players will probably be less than 1% of the total players so the vast majority will be at the same starting point. It's probably xbox players who should feel disheartened for being too far ahead of the general playerbase.

@Ephireon said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

M&KB is definitely de wae

You can use a controller on PC.

Ah, that makes sense. I haven't bothered with reddit until a month ago.

Also yeah all xbox controllers now work with windows/pc, bluetooth sync.