PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?

Hi all,

Trying to talk about the PC version of PSO2 has been...risky...given the variety of sentiment we've seen thus far. However, there have been a few requests for more hype from people who are excited about the game and content to patiently wait. That being said...let's discuss!

Previously, I played a Deuman Fo/Te. Recently, I've been playing a Deuman Gu/Hu. Do I know which one I'm ultimately picking? No. Do I realize I have to decide soon or risk a useless Mag? Yes. Does this make the decision any easier? NOPE!

Part of me wants to start on Ship 2, since I know many of you forum users are PSO2 JP veterans and are going to pick Ship 2 by way of habit. I happen to be fond of this crew. Another part of me thinks Ship 1 would be fun, since it seems to be more comprised of newcomers to PSO2 and I would enjoy seeing the game through their eyes. And yet another part of me thinks other Ships, if available, would be a lot more fun as the inhabitants would all be progressing at roughly the same speed. This would make it really nice going through the Quests.

So there is my conundrum. Tell me about yours!

I Know Im gonna be on Ship 02, Gonna play a Cast Gunner/Ranger, and as an Alt, Gonna make a Dewman Force/Techer

So in PSO I played a CAST RANGER, and a HUMAN HUNTER, here i'm thinking a Newman Gunner, Probably a Dueman Bouncer or Braver. Any other game I'm happy to play a support type toon but in PSO I'm in the frontlines or the second line. I'm considering playing on ship 3 or one of the new ships. I don't have any friends that play on the XBOX so I'm starting fresh with just a couple others that are looking to play. Personally I'm mostly a solo, that likes to be able to help out where I can. always looking to help out a clan (Merc For Hire!!!!) and PUGS. Any recommends for a secondary for my primarys?

@LFSkyden said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

I Know Im gonna be on Ship 02, Gonna play a Cast Gunner/Ranger, and as an Alt, Gonna make a Dewman Force/Techer

So you too are attracted to Gunner and Force. I'm not usually a melee-range player, so having Hunter as the second class benefits my survivability. Can't DPS when I'm ded, after all. 🙂

@Fishboy794947 said in PC Hype! Soon (tm) What Ship and Class will you be starting your adventure with?:

... here i'm thinking a Newman Gunner, Probably a Dueman Bouncer or Braver... Any recommends for a secondary for my primarys?

Going by what is "meta," for Gunner you would want your subclass to be Hunter or, if you want to prep for future unreleased Skills, Fighter. For either Bouncer or Braver, Hunter. Hunter is a great general purpose subclass for any Melee or Ranged build since it can give you a mix of survivability and consistent, non-conditional damage. It's not "fun" or "unique" but it gets the job done.

I will probably drop a Human Hunter. I played one on the JP servers for a while and really enjoyed the up in your face play style. For which ship? I actually do not know. I have not looked into which ship I will drop into. Is this something that I should research for better playability? Or is it more just personal preference?

ship 2 for me. Cast ranger for me for my main and then deuman summoner for my alt.

Well I'm pretty new to this game, I only started looking into it a few weeks ago, but I want to play a Dueman (cuz they look cool) Hunter/Braver. I'm not really sure about the ships, but I guess ship 1 for new people right?

... I love how the "tm" I brought up before shows up here ... lmao ♥

I'm gonna make some new characters when the PC version drops. Gonna stay on Ship 1 since I'm already there.

• Deuman Bow Br/Ra
  • Human Fi/Hu
  • CAST Gun Blade Fi/Hu or Fi/Gu. Gonna have to see which does more consistent damage.

I will be new to PSO2, I played the original Phantasy Star and the very first online version back in the day, so I am really really looking forward to getting back into universe once it releases on PC. I even got a shining new graphic card so I am ready lol. @GM-Deynger What ship would you recommend to a new player to PSO2 that wants the best experience? And Community? Also I am looking forward to be a Braver, I love the Katana and being able to play like a Samurai.

I'm going to Ship 1. I'm going to main Techter and play as a female CAST. Even asked some buds to save me some CAST parts for me.

Not wanting to be on Ship 2, since most JP players are going there. Would rather be on the next populated ship that will have new and old together. Also because screw Ship 2 market. 😂

I don't really know the choices or ship numbers but in PSO1 I had a huneweral. I did play some of the JP version of PSO2 where I played a hunter newman female, I got to level 90 but then I didn't do much else after that because not being able to read JP stuff wasn't that fun to me. Hopefully the NA PC version will be fun since I can read the stuff and know what is going on.

As a normal player of Ship 2. I'm actually going to be going to one of the newer ships. Sure I'm sure some of my old friends will be on Ship 2. But if I'm starting fresh, I'd love to experience the game next to people who are as well.

Based on what Ive seen I might go with a Human Ranger, dunno which subclass. I figure I'll play on a new ship if they release more when PC launches (any but the RP ship really if there is one). I'll have to sample all the classes before I figure out which one I want to main and subclass with. Figure human is balanced and I'm not too concerned about min maxing. Haven't played on the JP servers so all Ive had to go on is Twitch streams and Youtube videos. Can not wait I bought a Vita back in 2013 anticipating the original planned release.