"Ready to Start" after only like 450 of 900 megs

This new patch prompts me to start playing after only halfway downloading, and saying it'll take 5 gigs to get the rest. Is this a glitch?

No, its normal. Theoretically your download data is prioritized that your statistically likely to not have a playability problem while the rest of the game finishes downloading and getting itself setup "fully."

o/ =^.^=

Well I've installed the game ages ago, this is the new patch or something, only 900 megs

EDIT: Oof, just realized in the original post I said 5 gigs, not 5 hours lol

@FaithfulLangdon said in "Ready to Start" after only like 450 of 900 megs:

Well I've installed the game ages ago, this is the new patch or something, only 900 megs

EDIT: Oof, just realized in the original post I said 5 gigs, not 5 hours lol

No biggie. However you slice it. There is always that amount it needs for a "minimum playability" while it works in the background to be all done. The amounts usually shouldn't vary to high unless there was X amount of data corruption or something that might cause a data amount higher than maybe a "patch amount" should be.

The fancy technical term for this is MVP (Minimum Viability Product). And when C-Suite/PMs (Project Managers) get together they talk about that and what the "Future State" should look like. Etc. etc. ad nauseam. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

Okay now I'm thinking I was a little unclear lol, it downloaded to like 495 megs, 907 meg maximum, which it says will take like 5 hours to complete, though now the game is "ready to start." I posted out of concern of corruption because I do not want to have to reinstall lol

Thanks so far though

All good in ye olde neighborhood sir!

o/ =^.^=