Bringing in JP Voice Tickets

@Vashzaron said in Bringing in JP Voice Tickets:

@Utahime39 said in Bringing in JP Voice Tickets:

I play with the Japanese sound option activated, my character is voiced in Japanese. I wonder though if other players hear her in Japanese or an English dub of her chosen voice.

Dub

Yeah well no one wants voice tickets for dub and it's preventing JP dub fans from getting voice tickets right now.

@LapisWave I know you a frustrated at no voice tickets at all but speak for yourself. I'm also just answering someone's question.

Additionally its not even the confirmed reason but a guess that we have currently, possible they didnt want to recontract all those famous JP VA from every voice ticket (this sort of thing is probably a all or nothing choice) for English release for being too pricey.

@Vashzaron said in Bringing in JP Voice Tickets:

@LapisWave I know you a frustrated at no voice tickets at all but speak for yourself. I'm also just answering someone's question.

Additionally its not even the confirmed reason but a guess that we have currently, possible they didnt want to recontract all those famous JP VA from every voice ticket (this sort of thing is probably a all or nothing choice) for English release for being too pricey.

Which is why the people who want it should try to continuously show support for it. The more people who show support for it, the more likely they will see potential profit from it and thus the more likely we will get them. If by off chance, it is because they are worried about not having an English voice for each ticket, we need to make sure that they are aware of how people are likely fine with not having an English voice counterpart for the tickets.

I want to see the voice tickets added. They can either be mute for people with English voices selected, played in Japanese regardless (would it be possible to have an extra option for players to pick whether they're muted or not if you use English voices?) or actually have new voice acting for them, I don't care. I use JP voices so that part won't affect me in any way.

I wouldn't say it should be muted. Would people who play in English have a problem with hearing another player speak in Japanese due to a voice ticket?

@Archetype-Luna said in Bringing in JP Voice Tickets:

Would people who play in English have a problem with hearing another player speak in Japanese due to a voice ticket?

Yes. People always have things to complain about. You must be new here.

This is a concern for me. There are some voices I really liked that I would have hoped to get. Doesn't even have to be collab related. Sigh. I will say I support JP only tickets, I'd love that.

Honestly, I'd take English-only or Japanese-only if we got any voice tickets at all. The default English is all so samey, either gender, and I had more voices when I played JP that I'll miss.

😞 I'd want English dubbed voice tickets and some of y'all need to chill because your idiocy and unreasoning is showing

@Valleria-Lockheart said in Bringing in JP Voice Tickets:

😞 I'd want English dubbed voice tickets and some of y'all need to chill because your idiocy and unreasoning is showing

They can bring both IF they have any NA voices they are willing to do. The JP only option makes the most sense since they already have them made and require no extra effort on SEGAs part. But hey, if they want to go record some NA actors and bring them both I am all for it.

I agree with Shiz here. If it's either JP voices or nothing, I'd rather choose the former.

As much as I wouldn't hate for JP voices, I feel like their reason for not bringing in those voices are for two reasons:

1)They'd need the permission of the VA in order to use it, especially collab ones where they'd need to have the licence for things related to a collab, including voice tickets.

or

2)They may (or may not) be waiting to get English VA's in order to release those tickets. There is an option to search for Voice Tickets in the Visiphone, so I want to say that we'll probably will get them, but it'll be a while.

Honestly, my best guess is that we may get some collab VA's, but if we do get Voice Tickets, we'll most likely just get NPC VA's, which is still underwhelming compared to what JP has.

@Mattwo7 said in Bringing in JP Voice Tickets:

Would people who play in English have a problem with hearing another player speak in Japanese due to a voice ticket?

I should be more specific. Would any significant number of people who play in English have a problem with hearing another player speak in Japanese due a voice ticket? Like yeah there will always be a number of people who will complain, though I question their choice of game if hearing Japanese voices bothers them, but it is more of a question of whether or not those people are just complaining for the sake of complaining or if they have an actual issue.

@Mattwo7 said in Bringing in JP Voice Tickets:

I should be more specific. Would any significant number of people who play in English have a problem with hearing another player speak in Japanese due a voice ticket? Like yeah there will always be a number of people who will complain, though I question their choice of game if hearing Japanese voices bothers them, but it is more of a question of whether or not those people are just complaining for the sake of complaining or if they have an actual issue.

Personally, I'm on the fence about it. I'd love to have more voices, but it would feel sloppy to just have only JP voices to be heard if you're using EN dub. Some people might find it to be half-assed. It's kind of like the announcement that speaks in Japanese for the first half and then English the second half. Just.... weird.

Character voices are pretty limited. A small handful of battle emotes. I don't think it'd matter if you mixed them, personally.

Ultimately I do not care how the problem is solved as long as I get my Japanese voices, though. I have several actors I like on those tickets and a lot of the PSO2 JP voice cast is high end talent.

You can make it dual language, make it dual language and custom character/voice for the English dub based on ease of recording, make it JP only and play a random English voice for the English track, etc. Just get it done, please.