Bringing in JP Voice Tickets

This makes me wonder why we even have JP voices right now. Honestly didn't expect it, and it would have been a deal breaker for me in terms of deciding between NA and JP. The extra voices aren't all collab are they?

People that are bothered by hearing another language in the game boggles me. Do those same people get ticked off if they overhear a foreigner speaks their native tongue in the US?

I would very much like JP voice tickets as an option as well. Dubbed players can just be given the option to hear them in Japanese or be able to mute those voices if it bothers them that much.

@Ranmaru That's sort of a surprising reaction! Having the original JP voice track is a given these days in almost anything.

I was personally taken back at the dub existing considering Sega's modern otaku focus, the content of this game and the logistics of its age and release.

I sort of imagine it was a Microsoft request foremost, but it is probably a good path to take considering I still feel like the release of this is to begin a worldwide path for PSO3. Sega has been doing a reasonable job of making up for earlier transgressions in recent years.

@Empty-Skies said in Bringing in JP Voice Tickets:

People that are bothered by hearing another language in the game boggles me. Do those same people get ticked off if they overhear a foreigner speaks their native tongue in the US?

I would very much like JP voice tickets as an option as well. Dubbed players can just be given the option to hear them in Japanese or be able to mute those voices if it bothers them that much.

I don't think there was ever a mute option for voice tickets, other than just selecting "No Voice", but that's on the other person's side. I'm not sure why people would be bothered. It only bothers me as an OCD kind of thing, not that I would hate to have these voices here, really.

@Shiz1880 said in Bringing in JP Voice Tickets:

They can bring both IF they have any NA voices they are willing to do.

You mean like all the NPC voices? I sure as heck HOPE they add voice tickets in Episode 4.

That and they get Christopher Ayres and Patrick Seitz to voice Bethor and Ophiel because I mean the Japanese voices of Frieza and DIO voiced them and that's kind of a big deal. At the very least we can expect Seitz to voice someone considering ~90% of the English voice cast was in Jojo's and/or SAO and he was in both (though this might just be a result of them pulling from Funi's talent pool in general).

Hello Arks! Thank you all for your feedback on this matter, which will be shown to the development team.

I really hope we'll see voice tickets, eventually. But not just JP-- I'd love to see ones done for the NA versions too if possible 🙂

@Ranmaru It might be an issue of overseas licensing since I believe voice actors in Japan have more say in where their voice can be used than Voice actors in the US. I am hoping there won't be any issues with this and that hopefully the issue is more in them wanting to get English voice tickets in addition to Japanese ones.

I think licensing would be difficult to manage for this, but it could probably be done. They could always make English dubs to imitate a seiyuu voice and modify the name/details to reflect this or just leave the character mute to those using different language settings. I do think the inclusion of voice tickets would please a good number of players, though.

@Archetype-Luna All things considered, I'm pretty sure they have some sort of contract with Funimation already. Are any of the VAs in the game not with Funimation?

@Mattwo7 Funimation is an American company and wouldn't have any power over Japanese Voice Actors as far as I am aware. Like they don't manage any of the Japanese voice actors. For example, female voice 97 is done by Saori Hayami who is managed by the voice talent firm I'm Enterprise.

I also think that in general, Japanese voice actors have more ownership over their performance than US ones.

@Archetype-Luna If they want to do it right, they have to include both voices though.

Besides, they had no trouble including the Japanese dub. When Episode 4 drops, there will be voices not available at character creation. I don't really understand why it would be so hard for the to include those as voice tickets if they're able to offer the Japanese dub.

@Mattwo7 Well, if they are trying to add an English voice with every voice ticket, it may be finding time to record everything. There maybe voice actors in the US who are being cautious due to Covid.

If they aren't doing english voices with the tickets, it would then likely be negociating with the VAs.

Either way, the best thing we can do is show how much we want the tickets.

@Archetype-Luna Most of the NPC voices would be ones included in tickets, I don't know why you're acting like they'd be separate, especially when we have the episode 1 story NPC voices available at character creation.

I'm pretty sure we're missing ones like Episode 2 and 3 story NPCs, Barbra, Jean and Clotho but I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

@Mattwo7 I was more talking about the non NPC ones like the additional voices.